Voting Before Naturalization Can Cause you Problems

"keeping amunition for the bigger battle!" this is one wise lawyers.....

Good luck akhi.

:)

If you mean the lawyer wants to make more money by intentially increasing
the OP's chance for denial, that may not be the case. First, lawyers may not be that evil although they are greedy (we all are),second, if the OP get denied, most likely he will not use this lawyer any more.

For now, let the OP wait in peace.

If you mean the lawyer wants to make more money by intentially increasing
the OP's chance for denial, that may not be the case. First, lawyers may not be that evil although they are greedy (we all are),second, if the OP get denied, most likely he will not use this lawyer any more.

For now, let the OP wait in peace.

I suggest you read my post again.....:)

BTW if you play cards you should know not to show all your hand (cards) at the start of the game as
it will likely prevent your from winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay now...(-: please don't scare me any more....
If this lawyer suggested I send a letter on my own to increase my chances of denial, I will be very very upset and I would not go back to her at all. I may also complain about her office in BBB. How can someone play with people's future and lives like this?
I am hoping for the best. I don't have anything to hide and if what I did would cause me more troubles, then I guess, it is the price to pay for ignorance.....

Okay now...(-: please don't scare me any more....
If this lawyer suggested I send a letter on my own to increase my chances of denial, I will be very very upset and I would not go back to her at all. I may also complain about her office in BBB. How can someone play with people's future and lives like this?
I am hoping for the best. I don't have anything to hide and if what I did would cause me more troubles, then I guess, it is the price to pay for ignorance.....

Hey maslouj.

In my post I meant to say that you have a very good lawyer. The fact that she suggested you not send the DMV articles is a good idea. It might serve you later if you were to be denied (which I don't think will happen btw). Also she told you having representation at this point (before any denial) might backfire which is rare for lawyers to admit.

I can't wait to hear the good ending of your story!

:):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks former1, I appreciate your positivity. I will buy Pizza for everyone from this forum if my application is approved...(-:

Maslouj, I was approved!!!

HI!!!!!! Just had my N-400 application interview today.
I was approved. :) Remember we were in the same boat. I might be in a better situation because on the original voters registration form I marked that I was not a US citizen at the time. They still let me registered to vote.
But even though - I believe you have a chance of getting approved if you follow my advice to send them a really good letter explaining your side with all the documents they need. Please also, de-register yourself if you hadn't done that yet. I'll set a prayer for you.

HI!!!!!! Just had my N-400 application interview today.
I was approved. :) Remember we were in the same boat. I might be in a better situation because on the original voters registration form I marked that I was not a US citizen at the time. They still let me registered to vote.
But even though - I believe you have a chance of getting approved if you follow my advice to send them a really good letter explaining your side with all the documents they need. Please also, de-register yourself if you hadn't done that yet. I'll set a prayer for you.

Congratulation..... I am so happy for you. This is a very encouraging news.
I already de-registered and I sent a good letter to the Immigration Officer. I hope she will look favorably to my application. See you are lucky that you had something to check to say if you were a US citizen or not, I did not have that option, there was a small disclaimer in the middle of the form stating that. I had to sing more than one form so think about how many times we really read the whole form before signing them.
Any way, we cannot undo what's been done already we just have to go forward.
Did you vote? did she/he ask you questions about your registration?

may i ask what citizenship you currently hold?
I prefer not to give up my name and any personal information in this forum.
does it matter what country I am from in the decision making process?
if so how? I appreciat if you have any feedback on this.

I prefer not to give up my name and any personal information in this forum.
does it matter what country I am from in the decision making process?
if so how? I appreciat if you have any feedback on this.
NOT asking for your name or any other personal info just the name of the country. I am assuming you are not the only citizen of that country :)

You have a right to NOT give that info if you choose to. Just curious thats all.

Hope you resolve your issues soon

NOT asking for your name or any other personal info just the name of the country. I am assuming you are not the only citizen of that country :)

You have a right to NOT give that info if you choose to. Just curious thats all.

Hope you resolve your issues soon

Thanks. I hope I did not offend you and thanks for understanding. I already have said too much about my case but I did that for two reasons. 1- is to ask for help and opinions which I am very greatful for and 2- for others to learn from my mistake and avoid it or know how to resolve it.
Thank you.

I am assuming you are not the only citizen of that country :)

This is funny that you said that, because when I told my best friend to spread the words around so no one ever register to vote or vote, he laughed and said to me: "no one is as brave as you are" I guess what he meant is "no one is as stupid as I am" but he was just nice to say that :)

Can you apply for innocent spouse relief act? If your spouse agrees to go with it, he can claim that you were asked to sign a piece of paper and you unintentionally did this.

Thanks. I hope I did not offend you and thanks for understanding. I already have said too much about my case but I did that for two reasons. 1- is to ask for help and opinions which I am very greatful for and 2- for others to learn from my mistake and avoid it or know how to resolve it.
Thank you.

Any updates?