VISA Information for Countries

Yes you can, but you need hotel reservations I think, if you don't have an invitation. No problem coming back to the US, unless you go to your COP, in which case you MIGHT be questioned more. Also, don't stay out too long. Forget the I94, too. You're not a temporary resident. Your asylum is indefinite, right?

Yes that is the I94. They won't ask you for it when you leave the country on an RTD. It says ASYLUM STATUS GRANTED INDEFINITELY, so it is not a temporary I94 that needs to be relinquished when you leave, so keep it. If they ask for it, they fine, give it to them. I never did, and was never bothered about it when leaving or coming back.

COP is your country of persecution.

"It says ASYLUM STATUS GRANTED INDEFINITELY, so it is not a temporary I94 that needs to be relinquished when you leave, so keep it" - on back side "white card" there is written : " You MUST surrender this card when you leave the country" . Is this rule or no?

Yeah, it says that, and you CAN surrender it if you feel like it, but the chances of being asked for it are low. Carry it with you if you want, and if they ask, give it to them. I never offered it, and I was never asked.

Hi guys, I got one question - I am planning go in Europe, the end of august, Holland or Belgium and stay there 1 week ( no visa necessary), then I would like to attend my relatives, which living in the Ukraine (its not country, which I left) . So , what do you think, if I do that, can it problem in the airport USA, when I come back in USA ( I mean - Im going to Amsterdam and will come back from Ukraine) ? Its doesn't matter for me - at first I can go Ukraine and next in Holland. I just won't to come back in Ukraine( or Amsterdam if I at first will go Holland) for come back in Usa, because its takes more dollars and more time ... Which way better and what you recommend me?

Does that mean one has to personally appear in NY no matter where one lives? Or, will the applications from other consulates be adjudicated in NY (like is the case for applications in Amsterdam, which are adjudicated in Duesseldorf).

starting from april 6th 2011, all application for UK visa have to be sent to the new york consulate, regardless of what state you are in.

"4 April 2011: Visa application procedure change from 06 April 2011. The UK Border Agency in New York will be responsible for processing all visas applications in the United States with effect from 6 April 2011. Please note, if you are a resident in California and submitted an online visa application before 06 April 2011 your application and supporting documents should be sent to the visa processing office in Los Angeles. If you need confirmation of the office you should submit your visa application to, please refer to the front page of the online application form and note the location listed under ‘Issuing Office’."

So with the refugee situation in Europe and the wave of right-wing party wins, the Schengen zone is getting a little hot. Those of you who're thinking of trying to fly to Germany on an RTD and then take a train to Switzerland or Denmark, for example, should seriously re-consider. Get a visa.

Here's an article about the situation in general, but you can find other articles online: http://www.montrealgazette.com/travel/unrestricted+travel+within+Europe+about/4780022/story.html

As a citizen of Belarus and a recent asylee with an active RTD, I need to go visit our company office in Lithuania. I live in San Francisco and the consulate suggests that you need to submit visa application in person in the New York consulate. Is there a way around it? I won't be able to go there and hang for a few days till they process my visa.
Could you give an advice? Thank you!

Guys,

Just wanted to let you know Peru consulates now accepts RP with GC for business or tourist visa.

Thanks

Ed

For your information, the response I got from the Embassy of Belgium:

The Embassy of Belgium in Washington D.C.confirms that as of 1 March 2009, in accordance with annex nr. 3 of the Schengen visa code, holders of a US Refugee Travel Document I-571 do not require a visa to enter Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France, Hungary and Slovakia.

You are welcome ;)

Russian Visa

Guys,

Just wanted to let you know Russian consulates now accepts RP with GC for business or tourist visa.

Thanks

Ed