Visa Bulletin: October cut-off date, looks bad

sorry, but it is the truth

Folks, its time to drop the suspicion and worries, as we cannot do anything other than throwing crap to each others, and fate indeed played a big role in this dirty game of LC or GC. People who are clearing their LC via PERM is now in deep dark, as they might have to wait way too long just to see their future getting light. Whatever was posted earlier in Manila website seems to be correct, as state dept may have sent out the cut-off dates to the consulate before hand, and they might have published it one or two days ahead of state dept.

The reason I said its been true is what I found from one of the members who sent an email to Chennai consulate, and see what response he got from there:

We regret to inform you that the processing date of
the employment based (E3 visa category) immigrant visa
is no longer current and hence we cannot process your
immigrant visa now. The current cut-off-date for E3
visa category for the month of October 2005 is
01JAN1998. Your priority date is 10SEP2002. We regret
we are unable to predict when your turn will come.
When your turn comes, you will be mailed appointment
letter to process your immigrant visas.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=183468&page=5

Last edited by a moderator:
Indoamerican - your message doesnt make sense please elaborate.
Are you trying to say that just because May's cut of was 2002, October's cant be ??
What are you trying to say.
Thanks

indoamerican said:
this cannot be true. Please see this link: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2252.html

according to May 2005 Eb3 is
AC CH IN ME PH
3rd C 01JUN02 01JUN02 C 01JUN02.

So, let's not panic. Wait for the actual bulletin to comeout.

Best of Luck

labordrags:
How did you first fimnd out about this website. Were you browsing and accidentally came across it ? who refered you to it.
Thanks

labordrags said:
Folks, its time to drop the suspicion and worries, as we cannot do anything other than throwing crap to each others, and fate indeed played a big role in this dirty game of LC or GC. People who are clearing their LC via PERM is now in deep dark, as they might have to wait way too long just to see their future getting light. Whatever was posted earlier in Manila website seems to be correct, as state dept may have sent out the cut-off dates to the consulate before hand, and they might have published it one or two days ahead of state dept.

The reason I said its been true is what I found from one of the members who sent an email to Chennai consulate, and see what response he got from there:

texancanadian said:
labordrags:
How did you first fimnd out about this website. Were you browsing and accidentally came across it ? who refered you to it.
Thanks

ya, texancanadian, I was browsing it and came accross, looks dirty man, it sure is dirty. I wish you all good luck in USA.

Current visa bulletin at Manila says EB2 - CURRENT.

Follow these instruction:
CLICK:
http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/
CLICK link on left sode of the page for: Consular Services under - Instant Access to

then click to: Immigrant Visa Priority Dates

and you will see THIS:

Visa Bulletin

The Visa Bulletin offers valuable information about immigration. Click on the appropriate link below to find the desired bulletin.

Current Bulletin which is September so on manila site it is not requireds to go by the link provided by Some one here on this site you can direct go to Manila site & check it there. Person who got that link please let this FORUM Know how u got that link, if u made that link some how PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE don't post any other message on this site in future.

and SEE this: EMPLOYMENT-BASED PREFERENCES

All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed CH IN ME PH
Employment-Based
1st C C C C C
2nd C C C C C
3rd U U U U U
Schedule A Workers C C C C C
Other Workers U U U U U
4th C C C C C
Certain Religious Workers C C C C C
5th C C C C C
Targeted Employment Areas/Regional Centers C C C C C

kgp said:
Current Bulletin which is September so on manila site it is not requireds to go by the link provided by Some one here on this site you can direct go to Manila site & check it there. Person who got that link please let this FORUM Know how u got that link, if u made that link some how PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE don't post any other message on this site in future.

I apolozise to let other folks know about whats going on. FORGET SEPTEMBER, we are talking about OCTOBER. Yes, OCTOBER, a big month for which we all are waiting to see what happens in it. Now that somehow Manila got before hand and publish the bulletin, the source is genuine and the confirmation from Chennei consulate further verifies that the dates being pushed back. Now based on whats happenning, you agree or not, but the fact is crystal clear. And this is not chaos, its what we called information travel so that we all can take measures to ensure our future is not going to get backed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
you really need to get your IQ checked by pointing us to sept 05 bulletin

kgp said:
Current visa bulletin at Manila says EB2 - CURRENT.

Follow these instruction:
CLICK:
http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/
CLICK link on left sode of the page for: Consular Services under - Instant Access to

then click to: Immigrant Visa Priority Dates

and you will see THIS:

Visa Bulletin

The Visa Bulletin offers valuable information about immigration. Click on the appropriate link below to find the desired bulletin.

and SEE this: EMPLOYMENT-BASED PREFERENCES

All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed CH IN ME PH
Employment-Based
1st C C C C C
2nd C C C C C
3rd U U U U U
Schedule A Workers C C C C C
Other Workers U U U U U
4th C C C C C
Certain Religious Workers C C C C C
5th C C C C C
Targeted Employment Areas/Regional Centers C C C C C

can you provide link to OCTOBER Bulletin at Chennai site
I did same thing again went to chennai site:
http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/iv_general_info.html
and find only this bulletin under Priority Date link, which is not OCTOBER bulletin

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2007.html
POINT to note is that link for visa bulletin from any consulate LINK to http://travel.state.gov/visa and if you go directly to this site U will not find OCTOBER bulletin

kgp

labordrags said:
I apolozise to let other folks know about whats going on. FORGET SEPTEMBER, we are talking about OCTOBER. Yes, OCTOBER, a big month for which we all are waiting to see what happens in it. Now that somehow Manila got before hand and publish the bulletin, the source is genuine and the confirmation from Chennei consulate further verifies that the dates being pushed back. Now based on whats happenning, you agree or not, but the fact is crystal clear. And this is not chaos, its what we called information travel so that we all can take measures to ensure our future is not going to get backed up.

mourning time#$%^&*, it finally came true

labordrags said:

kgp said:
can you provide link to OCTOBER Bulletin at Chennai site
I did same thing again went to chennai site:
http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/iv_general_info.html
and find only this bulletin under Priority Date link, which is not OCTOBER bulletin

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2007.html
POINT to note is that link for visa bulletin from any consulate LINK to http://travel.state.gov/visa and if you go directly to this site U will not find OCTOBER bulletin

kgp

You don't seem to understand what I am saying. I cannot elaborate on what I said eariler. If you wish to see all the posting from me, may be you will get the picture. AND THERE IS NO OCT BULLETIN IN CHENNEI CONSULATE - WHEN DID I SAY THERE EXIST ONE???

I am not sure why would they move the dates back to 98-99. I personally don't know anyone who applied in 98-99 and is still waiting for GC. So why can't they say unavailable for India then to put dates back to 98 or 99. Doesn't make sense to me. I think the earliest batch of people that are still waiting is from April 2001. Isn't it correct?

They're trying to avoid problems towards the end of the year

sb41 said:
I am not sure why would they move the dates back to 98-99. I personally don't know anyone who applied in 98-99 and is still waiting for GC. So why can't they say unavailable for India then to put dates back to 98 or 99. Doesn't make sense to me. I think the earliest batch of people that are still waiting is from April 2001. Isn't it correct?
Guys, I think they're using these old dates to make sure that when someone, who's PD is from early 2001, but still in SWA (no recruitment yet), will get his LC approved at the end of 2005, or in 2006, he'll still have a visa number. Using old dates is the only way to deny I-485 filing for PERM and random BEC approvals. They can't control FIFO at the LC level, so they try to do it at I-485. If they do so, they won't process I-485 for anybody at the first months of the new fiscal year, but later they can change the cut-off dates drastically, so they can give visa numbers to to 2001 and maybe 2002 people.
At least I hope that's the plan...

very plausible, also less backlogs with them

egg0504 said:
Guys, I think they're using these old dates to make sure that when someone, who's PD is from early 2001, but still in SWA (no recruitment yet), will get his LC approved at the end of 2005, or in 2006, he'll still have a visa number. Using old dates is the only way to deny I-485 filing for PERM and random BEC approvals. They can't control FIFO at the LC level, so they try to do it at I-485. If they do so, they won't process I-485 for anybody at the first months of the new fiscal year, but later they can change the cut-off dates drastically, so they can give visa numbers to to 2001 and maybe 2002 people.

I had a sub labor of 98 in dec 04 closeout and recently on Jun 05 too

there are also people in the forum here too
sb41 said:

Still doessn't make sense

egg0504 said:

I know what you are trying to asy. But they can always say unavailable for now and then change a specific date in 2001 later in the year when they want to hand out visas. First question is are there people still waiting for their GC prior to 2001? If not this visa bulletin doesnt make sense..May be in November 2005 bulletin they will say October 1867 :). I am sure no one can then apply.

I believe the reason why the dates’ being pushed back is because DHS is strictly trying to avoid what we call is - lawsuit.

The time when visa numbers were free, or available how could these people made few people happy in approving the cases of PD being 2003? This is totally ridiculous as how could they approve PD of 2003, what were they doing at that time – if there is any case from 1998? What was the reason at that time 1998 not being adjudicated?

Now that DHS is clear in stating that the visa bulletin is not current, or it is being retrogressed and we have no way of letting people file their GC until the number becomes current.

Why did they make it unavailable before instead of setting date back and now it’s all of the sudden worse that unavailable by putting the date back to 1998.

This truly is insane, and big slap among immigrant community – they are clearly signaling us out folks– get out of US, we don’t need you anymore.

But subsitute labor is going away

nato said:
there are also people in the forum here too

DOS also knows that labor substitution is going away. So all these Labor certifications from 98-99 are not going to matter.

but people who already filed, or can file till its law are fine

though there will be always a big risk for whom the 140 is not approved yet
sb41 said:
DOS also knows that labor substitution is going away. So all these Labor certifications from 98-99 are not going to matter.

Tough questions

sb41 said:

Labordrags: I agree, they try to avoid lawsuits. If they set a cut-off date of May 2002 and use up all numbers for 2006, so somebody who's PD is from 2001 and gets cleared at the end of the financial year, when there won't be a visa number for him, that's a lawsuit. Also they can show that they don't have any backlog (by having no applications at all, because nobody can file).
SB41: Unavailable means that there are no more visa numbers for that year, so they can't use it at the beginning of they year. Instead, they have to use an old date that nobody can beat.
About substition: this is still not clear, but I think they can't deny substitions already filed. That would mean many lawsuits. Therefore if people still have substitution cases where the original PD is from 98 or 99, then they'll go first.