• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin for July 2015

well, but at least it seems accurate for Armenia and Russia (Attestat o srednem obrazovanii - Certificate of Secondary Education), doesn't it?

Yes, it is enough. 11 years of school education. In ex-USSR we had 11 years of education in secondary school. Either it was 1 - 11 grades or (0 preparation) + 1 - 10 years. The certificate of completion of secondary school it the one that is required in embassies. But there was also 9 years + 2 education. You need to have both. 9 years are not enough. 11 years of school certificate is necessary to receive dv visa. This is common for ex-USSR countries.

Yes, it is enough. 11 years of school education. In ex-USSR we had 11 years of education in secondary school. Either it was 1 - 11 grades or (0 preparation) + 1 - 10 years. The certificate of completion of secondary school it the one that is required in embassies. But there was also 9 years + 2 education. You need to have both. 9 years are not enough. 11 years of school certificate is necessary to receive dv visa. This is common for ex-USSR countries.
n.n. initially it was 8+2 years, then it changed to 9+2 years. it depends on the year of completion. if you left the school some time after 2000 then it was changed to 11 years. before that it was only 10 years for the secondary school though I dont know the exact year of transfering to 11.

n.n. initially it was 8+2 years, then it changed to 9+2 years. it depends on the year of completion. if you left the school some time after 2000 then it was changed to 11 years. before that it was only 10 years for the secondary school though I dont know the exact year of transfering to 11.

Yes, it was but except 10+2 there was also preparation class. Overall it took 11 years in both cases as I remember.

Yes, it was but except 10+2 there was also preparation class. Overall it took 11 years in both cases as I remember.
No, your info is not correct. I applied to state university after 10 years without preparation. in other Soviet Republics it was the same. it seems you are younger this is why you do not know.

No, your info is not correct. I applied to state university after 10 years without preparation. in other Soviet Republics it was the same. it seems you are younger this is why you do not know.

How old were you at that point? An American kid entering college would normally be 18 (17/19 depending on birthdates). That is the same in the UK - O levels (GCSEs) are gained at 16, A levels take two further years - and you need A levels to enter Uni. This is similar in other Western European countries - and whilst there is no minimum age for DV winners, the defacto age is recognized as about 18 for this reason.

So at the point you applied for State University, were you about 18?

How old were you at that point? An American kid entering college would normally be 18 (17/19 depending on birthdates). That is the same in the UK - O levels (GCSEs) are gained at 16, A levels take two further years - and you need A levels to enter Uni. This is similar in other Western European countries - and whilst there is no minimum age for DV winners, the defacto age is recognized as about 18 for this reason.

So at the point you applied for State University, were you about 18?
I was 17+ at that tome. It used to be similar age all over USSR and long after its collapse. I know many people who received dv visas with these secondary school certificates.

I was 17+ at that tome. It used to be similar age all over USSR and long after its collapse. I know many people who received dv visas with these secondary school certificates.
in georgia we dont have elementary of seceondary school 1-11 year course it was OK for CO and from 2008 1-12 year course

I have my interview on 31-5 and didn't receive my visa also I have a friend from 27-5 doesn't get it too, so I think most people didn't get it

I doubt yours is due to the tech issue..it occured on the 9th..which is about 1 and a half week after your interview

Ah well, lets hope they get it fixed by this weekend

Ive also heard that some people have potential issues in allocating visas when their AP exceeds 1 month? Anyone know whats that about?

I doubt yours is due to the tech issue..it occured on the 9th..which is about 1 and a half week after your interview

Ah well, lets hope they get it fixed by this weekend

Ive also heard that some people have potential issues in allocating visas when their AP exceeds 1 month? Anyone know whats that about?
When I contacted them they say waiting for visa numbers to issue your visa.

how this interview scheduling works? KCC contacts the embassy at your location for an interview date, and they get back to KCC with scheduled interviews?

how this interview scheduling works? KCC contacts the embassy at your location for an interview date, and they get back to KCC with scheduled interviews?

Some embassies allow KCC direct access to their booking system, other embassies allocate blocks of time that wil be for DV interviews and KCC fill those slots, asking for more slots if needed. Either way, there is a capacity understanding which generally works well - but occasionally embassies contact selectees to reschedule after the original appointment has been made.