• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

US EDV spousal interview transfer.

Ayushma

Hi,
My husband got the edv visa and he is currently in U.S but im in canada as international student, I need to request for my interview transfer from Nepal to Canada. I have all the required documents ready, i just need to know how can i request interview transfer and how long it might take?

AFAIK, your husband first needs to Adjust status. After his AOS is approved, USCIS will inform the consulate for a FTJ process. It might be a long process given its April, and you are posting it now. Has your husband adjusted status?

We were processing from a consultancy in Nepal but it did not went as expected, the consultant had not done any further process so we are trying to continue the process on our own. My husband went U.S on February, what does adjusting status exactly mean?

Hmm, you need to familiarize yourself with the process of Adjusting status. See here:

Your husband is in the US. So I am guessing he will adjust status. (this is different from the embassy/consular processing).

I dont know if your husband plans to do consular processing in Canada, or if it is even possible for that matter. Mom will tell you better. Wait for her answer.

Is he current by the way? What range is his case #?

By EDV do you mean diversity visa? Then your husband had an immigrant visa and does not need to adjust status, he is now a permanent resident once he used that for entry. But i don’t understand what you mean by processing using a consultant In Nepal? He should have been talking to the people at the consulate about transferring your case, not a consultant who can’t do anything on your behalf.

Hmm, you need to familiarize yourself with the process of Adjusting status. See here:

Your husband is in the US. So I am guessing he will adjust status. (this is different from the embassy/consular processing).

I dont know if your husband plans to do consular processing in Canada, or if it is even possible for that matter. Mom will tell you better. Wait for her answer.

Is he current by the way? What range is his case #?
You seem a little confused. If her husband had a DV visa then he did do consular processing and has entered on an immigrant visa so now has a green card. No adjustment of status needed, and his number would have been current before he got the visa.

all assuming OP actually means diversity visa, not sure why the “e” is there (and by “got the visa” I am assuming he actually… got the visa, not just got selected)

Yes it's a diversity visa, after getting the results for EDV we have to do further process through a consultant in Nepal. We were supposed to process together but since i am in canada we had to do it in a different way, the consultant did not continued with further process due to some reasons. So i have to request for interview transfer in canada, so that i can give interview from the U.S embassy in canada.

Yes it's a diversity visa, after getting the results for EDV we have to do further process through a consultant in Nepal. We were supposed to process together but since i am in canada we had to do it in a different way, the consultant did not continued with further process due to some reasons. So i have to request for interview transfer in canada, so that i can give interview from the U.S embassy in canada.
I’m still not understanding what happened. Who is the consultant? Or do you mean consulate? Did your husband get issued an actual diversity visa at the consulate/embassy in Nepal?

Okay so for edv we fill a form at the beginning including our spouse's details , after getting the results we wait for a 2nd letter which confirms that you will get a diversity visa. After receiving 2nd letter we find a consultant and do further process including our academic and other required documents, and for the interview both of us are supposed to give it together. My husband went for the interview and got the visa from U.S embassy in nepal and he is already in the U.S. So as im in canada i have to give interview separately, as it was all processed from nepal we have to request interview location transfer from Embassy of U.S in nepal to Embassy of U.S in canada for which the consultant refused to process for me due to some reasons. Me and my husband both do not know where should i start in order to request an interview, its not a long process unlike other spousal visa, i am supposed to get the interview sooner than any other type of visa interviews.

Okay so for edv we fill a form at the beginning including our spouse's details , after getting the results we wait for a 2nd letter which confirms that you will get a diversity visa. After receiving 2nd letter we find a consultant and do further process including our academic and other required documents, and for the interview both of us are supposed to give it together. My husband went for the interview and got the visa from U.S embassy in nepal and he is already in the U.S. So as im in canada i have to give interview separately, as it was all processed from nepal we have to request interview location transfer from Embassy of U.S in nepal to Embassy of U.S in canada for which the consultant refused to process for me due to some reasons. Me and my husband both do not know where should i start in order to request an interview, its not a long process unlike other spousal visa, i am supposed to get the interview sooner than any other type of visa interviews.
Okay, so here’s the thing. I think you’ve already missed your opportunity as you should have joined your husband in Nepal to interview with him at the same time. AFAIK, for DV cases, both the selectee (the winner) and their derivatives (eligible dependents) are required to interview together when processing CP. The winner does not get interviewed in one embassy and the derivative in another.

At this point, you and your husband can try contacting the US embassy in Montreal to find out if they’re willing to schedule an interview for you. If they agree, then you will need to contact the embassy in Nepal and request they transfer your husband’s case file to Montreal to enable you complete your own interview.

If the CO - consular officer in US embassy, Nepal (I don’t know if that is what you’ve been calling “consultant”) has already refused to transfer the case file to Montreal, then that will be because they consider the case as closed since you should have interviewed together with your husband like I earlier on stated.

Consultancy means an agency that helps with the documentation and other process. It’s not same as embassy. An he did not continue with my process because of some personal issues with my husband. Previously he had said that even if we are in different countries we can process it by requesting interview transfer. And that is my question like how can i request for interview? Where should i contact? I tried to contact the US embassy in Vancouver but was unable.

In that case, you and your husband can blame yourselves for using an agency for a process you should have been able to complete on your own in the first place. The agent misled you guys.

Anyway, I already answered your question on how you may be able to request an interview via case transfer. So you might want to read my previous post again to see that answer.

Yeah. Everyone process with an agency for abroad from Nepal. So we did the same , yeah we made a mistake by trusting the agency. Oh yes i re read the replies, thank you so much.

Consultancy means an agency that helps with the documentation and other process. It’s not same as embassy. An he did not continue with my process because of some personal issues with my husband. Previously he had said that even if we are in different countries we can process it by requesting interview transfer. And that is my question like how can i request for interview? Where should i contact? I tried to contact the US embassy in Vancouver but was unable.
Only Montreal consulate processes immigrant visas in Canada. That’s why sm1smom told you to contact them.