US citizen filed I-130 for wife in India April 2010

sure sachin, happy to help! if you look at I-130 instruction, you can see that the items I put in my package is requested! specially affidavit from family members and evidence to show your on going relationship which includes phone records, email, and various pictures in different locations.

Hey guys,
I need some serious help from someone who knows about police certificates. my husband live in Karachi Sindh Pakistan and he had gotten his police certificate and i had mailed it to NVC with the DS-230 and other civil documents but i don't know whats wrong with his police certificate they have no straight answer of whats wrong with his police certificate please someone give me some advice. thanks alot. NVC is not even saying if something is wrong with his PCC so how can i figure out whats the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
what's going on??? I can't figure out what your question is, just be a little more clear! have you called nvc? has he contacted that office to find out if the result is ok??? what is written on his police certificate? you might want to contact an attorney, both my k1 and I-130 attorneys give free advice, if you want I can give you their phone numbers. Let me know!

what's going on??? I can't figure out what your question is, just be a little more clear! have you called nvc? has he contacted that office to find out if the result is ok??? what is written on his police certificate? you might want to contact an attorney, both my k1 and I-130 attorneys give free advice, if you want I can give you their phone numbers. Let me know!

sure if i can get any help that would be great. thanks.

my current attorney is Marc Ellis 714-656-4156 email: marcellislaw@gmail.com try to call him at night or in the morning, because he is out of country right now. he is in china or vietnam i think.
my previous attorney was allan s. lolly his phone number is 858-483-0300 california number
his new york number is 212-483-0311
melanie@fianceevisas.com Melanie Ramos was my case manager there is someone that works in his new york office, his name is Chris and he is the most helpful guy ever! he answered every single question before I decided to hire them!

my current attorney is Marc Ellis 714-656-4156 email: marcellislaw@gmail.com try to call him at night or in the morning, because he is out of country right now. he is in china or vietnam i think.
my previous attorney was allan s. lolly his phone number is 858-483-0300 california number
his new york number is 212-483-0311
melanie@fianceevisas.com Melanie Ramos was my case manager there is someone that works in his new york office, his name is Chris and he is the most helpful guy ever! he answered every single question before I decided to hire them!

hey guys,
Thank you so much Rama 2010. This what NVC emailed as a checklist letter and i don't know what they are asking because i had mailed ds-230 with all of the civil documents myself to NVC.

Suitability of documentation for immigration purposes

For many countries, the Department of State has provided country-specific criteria for ensuring that
applicants submit visa processing appropriate documents. Please follow the instructions below to
determine if the Department of State has issued any country-specific guidelines for the requested
document.

Please go to www.immigrantvisas.state.gov.
1. Click on the Fees & Reciprocity Tables box located on the left side of the page.
2. Click on the Visa Issuance Fee - Reciprocity Tables line near the middle of the page.
3. From the drop down menu, select the country where the document was issued.
4. Scroll down to the document type to view the specific criteria.

All documents not in English or the official language of the country in which the visa will be applied for
must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement signed by the
translator that states the following:
* Translation is accurate, and
* Translator is competent to translate.

______PAKISTAN POLICE CERTIFICATE:_________________________________

Pakistan; Available. Police records (also known as Character Certificates) are available at no cost from District Coordinating Offices, and take up to three months to obtain. There is no central police register in Pakistan, and applicants should therefore provide certificates from every jurisdiction in which they have lived for the requisite period of time. Police certificates are available by mail. Applicants currently outside Pakistan should contact the nearest Pakistani Embassy or Consulate for instructions.

Non-Pakistani citizens may have difficulty obtaining police records even if they are/were residents of Pakistan. Police records are unavailable to non-Pakistani citizens if they are/were not officially resident in Pakistan while present here (e.g., Afghan citizens staying in refugee camps.)

Please someone give some help. Thanks.

ok the first of part of your quote has to do with how they want your translations to be and how long they are valid for.
the second part of your quote has to do with pakistan and that police certificate are available for it. what I basically got from it is they have to be the citizens of pakistan. There is no central police register in Pakistan, and applicants should therefore provide certificates from every jurisdiction in which they have lived for the requisite period of time. Police certificates are available by mail. Applicants currently outside Pakistan should contact the nearest Pakistani Embassy or Consulate for instructions.
Hope this helps,
I would contact NVC and clear up any confusion!

I would also suggest your husband to contact the consular affairs office of the united states in Pakistan or the embassy to check with them as well as the police register in his jurisdiction!

I would also suggest your husband to contact the consular affairs office of the united states in Pakistan or the embassy to check with them as well as the police register in his jurisdiction!

hey rama2010, thank for replying i understand what is written on the checklist and my husband got his police certificate done in the same place as his brother who came to USA on april 6 2010. and i am sure his police certificate has nothing wrong with so i really don't know what NVC wants and I have called NVC like 50 times but still i am not getting my question answered as of what is it there that they want.

well if the police certificate has nothing wrong with it and it's exactly what nvc is asking for, there is no reason for you worry! ok, i like to help maybe you can tell me your question and I can call nvc for you and get them to answer me and I can tell you the result.

Sachin,
I agree with Thakda's post for the most part. You can file for K3(spouse's visa petition) once you get the acknowledgement of I-130 as the copy of I-130 acknowledgement goes with that. In our cases in the past year, the timeline for K3 approval was same as I-130 in which case it's a USCIS rule that they will administratively close the K3 application and your spouse will have to go for Consulate processing of green card. That means K3 is of no help. Now, it's always possible something changes in the next few months and K3's time shortens and I-130's time expands or stays the same in which case you would definitely want to bring your spouse to US ASAP and file for AOS process. Getting the green card through AOS is a tad bit more expensive as compared to consular processing in actual dollar terms but it's worth it as you save on a few months of separation and lot of hassle. Also, for K3 spouse application, you don't have to pay anything and i mean nothing. So, really speaking all you are doing is sending another quick application with minimum of documents as I-130 is the major application. I suggest to file K3.

Hi Guys,

I have been following this thread for some time now and I am glad to find a place where everyone is cooperative and I can get some genuine help.

My question to any one who can answer this is - Has anyone filled K3 visa (which is meant to reduce the physical separation b/w spouses) after receipt of I-130 and if yes did it help, if no, then can someone advice, is it more pain than help?

I am getting ready to file I-130 for my wife soon and I am sending

I-130 (filled and signed by me)
G-325a (filled and signed by me)
G-325a (filled and signed by my wife)
2 passport size photos
My US passport front page copy
Naturalization cert copy
Marriage Certificate.
My wifes school cert for DOB proof.
Marriage Photos

Also, based on your experiences, please advice if I should be sending some thing else along with above items for Petition.

Thanks in advance...

well if the police certificate has nothing wrong with it and it's exactly what nvc is asking for, there is no reason for you worry! ok, i like to help maybe you can tell me your question and I can call nvc for you and get them to answer me and I can tell you the result.

Well NVC is saying that i did not send my husbands police clearance certificate which i did when they first had asked me to forward my husbands Ds-230 package with all of the civil documents which i did on 12/06/2010 NVC had received my package on 12/14/2010 and the review was incomplete 12/24/2010 because my husband had forgotten to put his original birth certificate in his language in the package so i understood that and also they were asking about his police clearance certificate which was in the package but they are saying its missing and my husband forwarded his original birth certificate on 12/29/2010 and NVC received it on 1/5/2011 and its being reviewed but i cannot do anything about the police certificate cuz i really don't what my husband is suppose to send to NVC.

Hypoesse,
Congratulations and Goodluck for the future. Thanks for the details. Just one question. I am guessing you have received your stamped passport and sealed envelope and other complete paperwork by now. I recall your interview was on 5th Jan, Correct? Could you please tell me when you received your papers/passport from the consulate?

I am just trying to get a better handle of the days after the interview that my wife would be able to come as I need to some planning and it would help. Thanks again.

good point to bring up jazzy, would love to know how long you have to wait after the interview to receive a sealed envelop? I heard that for parents it's 8 weeks which they can check to see if their sealed envelope is ready for pickup! do you guys think it's shorter for spouses? Hypo please be exact, give us number of days you waited until you received your sealed envelope!

Jazzy I also heard that the stamp on the passport is not done at the embassy, it is done once they reach immigration checkpoint at the airport!

hey guys remember I told you about the surprise I had for people who have their interview at U.S. Consulate in Ankara, since no one responded. I am just going to reveal it! it's actually a list of interview dates that gets issued periodically. Infact, It got updated today :) if anyone is going to Ankara for interview and would like to check and see if their interview date has been issued! let me know :)