US citizen filed I-130 for wife in India April 2010

Guys,
Just an update...NVC got back to me over my AOS and IV documents with a query. There was a field on DS230-I that seems to be incomplete to them. I can understand now how they want a bit more info on it. Unfortunately, this requires me to send a new DS230-I which will take time to reach NVC and for them to review. I received this response on 2nd Dec.

Thakda,
You must have received something by now. Please update as you hear from NVC.

Guys,
Just an update...NVC got back to me over my AOS and IV documents with a query. There was a field on DS230-I that seems to be incomplete to them. I can understand now how they want a bit more info on it. Unfortunately, this requires me to send a new DS230-I which will take time to reach NVC and for them to review. I received this response on 2nd Dec.

Thakda,
You must have received something by now. Please update as you hear from NVC.

I jst got off the phone with them..case was completed today only, and scheduled for an interview on Jan 27th at Bombay

Thakda,
That's great news. The interview date is pretty far out but it's heartening to see a date after all these months. Congrats. Unfortunately, my case will get into Feb. We will see.

I jst got off the phone with them..case was completed today only, and scheduled for an interview on Jan 27th at Bombay

Thakda,
That's great news. The interview date is pretty far out but it's heartening to see a date after all these months. Congrats. Unfortunately, my case will get into Feb. We will see.

Hey guys,
I just got off the with NVC they told me my AOS was approved now just waiting for DS-230 to get reviewed. good luck.

Thadka congrats.

Approximately, How many days did it take from the time you sent your IV and AOS package to get Interview date?

Dear MVRAM, Goahead and send it. No I don't know what that is and I did not fill out that form. I am waiting to receive one more page before I can send in my AOS and IV Package, please pray that I could receive it in the mail tomorrow! Good luck everyone!

hey Olta, If someone else is putting there income to help with your husband than your husband will fill in form I-864 and a household member and the petitioner will fill out form I-864A which is a contract between sponsor and household member which is a promise to support the beneficiary. but if not just fill out form I-864 and along with AOS form your husband has to send his 3 of the most recent income taxes for example: 2009, 2008,and 2007. employment letter and thats about it. If your husband can answer yes to these three questions:

1) He is the one who is the petitioner for the sponsored relative; which means he filed I-130 for you.
2) The sponsored relative is the only one on form I-130.
3) The income he is using to sponsor you is entirely based on his salary or pension and shown on his W-2's. (meaning no joint sponsors or assets, just his salary)

Than your husband can fill out form I-864EZ. Hope it helps.

Thank you noorilove, much appreciate your help. good luck.

Hi olta,
DS 230
birth certificate
marriage certificate
millitary record
photocopy of valid passport biographic data page
two pictures for beneficiary
The whole list is in the bottom:
* Birth Certificates
* Court and Prison Records
* Deportation Documentation
* Marriage Certificates
* Marriage Termination Documentation
* Military Records
* Petitioner Documents
* Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
* Police Certificates
* Adoption Documentation

the reason that you don't see some items in the first part of my answer olta is that my husband did not need to get police certificate and also he does not have court or prison records or deportation document or previous marriage or adoption documents and the petitioner documents does not apply to me!

Hey guys I have a surprise for people who are going to go to U.S. Embassy in Ankara-Turkey for interview. Send me your email addresses ,so I can send you my surprise! My husband Just sent it to me and I wanted to share it with you guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally Sent in my package today :) yeayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

My interview is scheduled for January 5th. Wish me Luck every1. Thnx 2 all u guys for all de support. Wish all you very best

Congratulations Princess, could you tell me how many days it took for you to get your interview date after sending your package?

Hi everyone,

Here is the time line for my case:
receipt date: 6//14/2010
approval notice: 11/01/2010
received an email from NVC: 11/15/2010
registered as an agent: 11/16/2010
paid 88.00 and 404.00: 11/16/2010
sent in IV and AOS package to NVC: 12/08/2010

First of all, Congratulations ThakDha :) We all have come a long way indeed.... feels good that finally the person who started this thread has reached the final stage :) goodluck!

Guys, my case also got completed a few days back...we received the appointment letter a day back through e-mail.

Congrats Princess - you must be busy preparing for the interview. Please keep me posted on all evidence/documents you plan on taking with you to your local embassy? I'd be highly obliged.

Good luch JazzySingh, hang in there.... just a little more waiting and you'll be through as well. I hope so. :)

Congratulations hypoesse, please let us know how many days it took for you to receive an interview date?
I just checked the status of my package on USPS website, and it said that it was delievered and signed for, so I'm glad they received it!

Hi everyone,

Here is the time line for my case:
receipt date: 6//14/2010
approval notice: 11/01/2010
received an email from NVC: 11/15/2010
registered as an agent: 11/16/2010
paid 88.00 and 404.00: 11/16/2010
sent in IV and AOS package to NVC: 12/08/2010
delieverd and signed for: 12/09/2010