US citizen filed I-130 for wife in India April 2010

Hi friends,
I just joined in,
I applied for I130 in may and got approval notice on nov1.now i need some things to be clarified. hope u'll help me.

*can i pay both AOS and IV fee at the same time?
*should the petitioner or beneficiary email ds3032 to nvc?
*from where should we get pcc ( from local police office or from passport office ) ?

To princess12,
CONGRATS...

@noori if you are the petitioner you only need your citizenship certificate and AOS form and documents supporting your AOS. as for the beneficiary he or she is the one that has to send the rest of the documents for DS 230 and as far as sending what type of the document if it is not in english make sure they are officially translated and certified and usually with documents that are translated the translator is supposed to attach a copy of the original in the back of the translation. atleast that's how it is in Iran. once everything is ready before you send it to NVC make sure you make a copy of everything you are submitting and for those like birth certificate or marriage certificate take the original to the interview. because at the time of interview everything you submitted to nvc will be needed again for interview. the reason for that is incase let's say they lose something they will ask you for it at the time of the interview. I am mailing everything to nvc and I am the petitioner.

@ dear olta there are only 2 forms for petitioner to fill out you either have to fill out I864 or I864ez and let's say if you have a sponsor he or she has to fill out I 864 and let's say your sponsor is married and on their tax returns they file together for example your brother and his wife are your sponsor: in this case his wife has to fill I 864a and your brother will fill I864 and you will fill I 864 or I 864ez.
Thank u for ur advice, but i have to say that my petitioner is my husband, and in this case we dont know which form to file, 1 864 or i 864 ez?

Thank u for ur advice, but i have to say that my petitioner is my husband, and in this case we dont know which form to file, 1 864 or i 864 ez?

hey Olta, If someone else is putting there income to help with your husband than your husband will fill in form I-864 and a household member and the petitioner will fill out form I-864A which is a contract between sponsor and household member which is a promise to support the beneficiary. but if not just fill out form I-864 and along with AOS form your husband has to send his 3 of the most recent income taxes for example: 2009, 2008,and 2007. employment letter and thats about it. If your husband can answer yes to these three questions:

1) He is the one who is the petitioner for the sponsored relative; which means he filed I-130 for you.
2) The sponsored relative is the only one on form I-130.
3) The income he is using to sponsor you is entirely based on his salary or pension and shown on his W-2's. (meaning no joint sponsors or assets, just his salary)

Than your husband can fill out form I-864EZ. Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi friends,
I just joined in,
I applied for I130 in may and got approval notice on nov1.now i need some things to be clarified. hope u'll help me.

*can i pay both AOS and IV fee at the same time?
*should the petitioner or beneficiary email ds3032 to nvc?
*from where should we get pcc ( from local police office or from passport office ) ?

To princess12,
CONGRATS...

Hey mvram,
You can pay AOS fee but the beneficiary has print DS-3032 fill it out sign it and scan it and e-mail it to nvcinquiry@state.gov it has to be e-mailed from the beneficiaries e-mail address. Once NVC has recieved your DS-3032 and they finished processing the DS-3032 they will e-mail the agent and than you can pay the IV fee. you can get your PCC Application forms which are available at the “Town” or “City Police Officer” of your area. The “Town” or “City Police Officer” will issue the required certificate directly to you. A fee may apply or you may request an application form from the local district office of the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) of the Police Security Branch. The superintendent of Police (SSP will issue the required certificate directly to you)

hope it helps. good luck.

I don't think because when i asked USCIS they told me no because while I-130 is in process they will deny your visitors visa.

They will deny your application for a B1/B2 visitors visa.

Or they will deny your entry on a B1/B2 visitors visa you already have??

Thanks Princess12 for the details, much appreciated.
I am guessing your case is at New Delhi's US Consulate, same as mine. Please do let us know when you get your Interview letter with the Interview date.

Thakda,
dude, any update on your documents if they are scanned in NVC's system yet?

Jazzy,
I called NVC last evening, they told me that some docs were scanned on Nov 19th, and they are being processed. She wasn't able to tell me what it was, but I assume its the DS-230 package tht my wife sent on Nov 1st (received on Nov 8th). I also sent some other docs with a new 864 form on Nov 16th ( received on Nov 17th) that hasn't been scanned yet into their system. What's the update frm ur end??

What about you hypoesse?

Princess12, did you get your interview date yet?? why are they taking so long to give u a date if ur case has been completed??

Dear MVRAM
Congratulations,
yes i paid both of my fees at the same time and I have an attorney so whatever I tell you is valid and already checked by my attorney.
petitioner can send in ds230 to NVC, I am the petitioner and I'm sending everything to NVC. just make sure your husband or wife signs it and writes his or her name in your native language.
for that I'm not sure you have to contact your local police or passport office or the us consulate affairs in your country to find out how you have to get it. sometimes you need to get a letter from the us consulate affairs in your country in order to get police certificate check the list of countries I have posted.

Dear olta,
I filled out I 864 but again this is something you have to figure out by yourself. If you have another sponsor besides your husband then it is i 864. if it is just your husband tell him to fill i864 ez! hope this helps!

They will deny your application for a B1/B2 visitors visa.

Or they will deny your entry on a B1/B2 visitors visa you already have??

If at the port of entry they are aware of a B2 visa holder having a marital or parent/child relationship with a US citizen, refusal of entry is a likely possibility. Spouses, parents, and children of US citizens have a very high rate of overstay.

However, it's more likely when applying for the visa, because the relationship has to be disclosed on the application. Whereas at the port of entry they may or may not know about it, depending on whether the relationship information is in the system and whether the officer does enough searching in the system to find it.

Hello again all,
Finally ready to send parents civil docu and ds230 aftertwo months wait,now do i send both parents as one big package or shud i send two packAGES to nvc?

Hello again all,
Finally ready to send parents civil docu and ds230 aftertwo months wait,now do i send both parents as one big package or shud i send two packAGES to nvc?

hey Hipaa,
Send two packages to NVC because my cousin's did it for their wives and they put it in same package and the papers were mixed up and got lost. Good luck.

Thanks noorilove,i got a chklist cover letter asking me to submit civil docu and ds230 for immigrant (s) in same package,i dont understand if they meant all applications and docu . All in one package or if they meant the form and docu for each applicant in one package..anyone who applied ds230,for parents ?did u do both parents docs as one single pkg or did u do two?
Thanks.

Jazzy,
I called NVC last evening, they told me that some docs were scanned on Nov 19th, and they are being processed. She wasn't able to tell me what it was, but I assume its the DS-230 package tht my wife sent on Nov 1st (received on Nov 8th). I also sent some other docs with a new 864 form on Nov 16th ( received on Nov 17th) that hasn't been scanned yet into their system. What's the update frm ur end??

What about you hypoesse?

Princess12, did you get your interview date yet?? why are they taking so long to give u a date if ur case has been completed??

Hi.....
ThakDha - No, we have no news except that our AOS package had been approved and they put our DS230 in the system on November 19th. Waiting.......

Princess12, have they contacted you yet?? Has the embassy formally given you the date for Medical and Interview yet? Please let us know... By the way, I was reading about how one can track their packages sent to the local embassy in the beneficiary's country by NVC. Any idea about that?
Princess12 how many days did they take to complete your case after the login failed?

Thanks noorilove and rama2010.....i ve send my ds3032 and waiting for my iv fee bill...ve u all send ur original pcc,marriage certificate and birth certificate along with ds230 to nvc or juz the photocopy of the above.....pls do reply...ur advice would be helpful for me.............

Thanks noorilove and rama2010.....i ve send my ds3032 and waiting for my iv fee bill...ve u all send ur original pcc,marriage certificate and birth certificate along with ds230 to nvc or juz the photocopy of the above.....pls do reply...ur advice would be helpful for me.............

Send original or certified copies. Send an accompanying photocopy of whatever you're sending with these originals/certified copies. This is to be done when you're sending the form DS 230, which the beneficiary fills out.

Dear Mvram, the certified copy and translation of them would be enough, you will take the original with you for the interview!

thanx hypoesse and rama...i'll be sending my ds230 package dis week...i jus read in one of the forum that nvc is taking 8-10 business days to complete a case once it has received both the packages...so i hope ur cases also gets completed by dis or next week end...then how many days it took for ur aos package to get approved.. how did u know abt it...via email or mail...

hi again...
friends should i wait for nvc asking my ds230 package or can i send them now...i didnt recevie anything abt my I864 bt went ahead and send the package... then i ve one more question...what is the form ds 2001...did u all send it with ds 230 package...pls do reply...