US citizen filed I-130 for wife in India April 2010

I-864 aos

princess and hippa,
did u guys receive the I-864 AOS Package in the email along with DS-3032? I was going through some posts online, and noticed tht after 2-3 business days when your payment clears you will be able to print the cover sheet with a barcode for AOS Package. But, where do u get the AOS package? I only received DS-3032 as an attachment, and nothing else..

Thakdha..jst type it in de Google i-864 and it will bring up the application i864 affidavit of support...and you print tht and fill it out. They don't send any package..it's all online.

Hi Thakda, Guys,

I also received email for AOS fee and one with DS3032 on Oct 15th early morning and I paid the fee. However, I have yet to send the DS3032. My understanding is my wife in India needs to fill it and send it to me and I will have to mail it to Portsmouth, NH address.

Questions:
- Could my wife fill it, scan it and email it to me and I can print it and then mail?
- Just to be sure, we can't email the filled DS3032 to NVC and it has to be mailed, right?

Thanks,
Jazzysingh

Hi Thakda, Guys,

I also received email for AOS fee and one with DS3032 on Oct 15th early morning and I paid the fee. However, I have yet to send the DS3032. My understanding is my wife in India needs to fill it and send it to me and I will have to mail it to Portsmouth, NH address.

Questions:
- Could my wife fill it, scan it and email it to me and I can print it and then mail?
- Just to be sure, we can't email the filled DS3032 to NVC and it has to be mailed, right?

Thanks,
Jazzysingh

Dude,
your wife can scan it and email it to them directly and CC it to you. Print out the copy here and send it overnight, so they will have it ASAP. Make sure she writes NVC case # and Beneficiary's name, DOB in the subject line. here is the body of the email she can send it to them with an attachment.

"

NVC Case No:
CIS Case No:
Petitioner's Name:
Petitioner's Date of Birth:
Beneficiary's Name:
Beneficiary's Date of Birth:

Re: Choice of Address and Agent for Immigrant Visa applicant

To whom it may concern:

My name is my visa case number is #

Per the DS-3032 (Choice of Address and Agent for Immigrant Visa Applicants), I would like to appoint my husband as my agent of choice to receive all future correspondence from the U.S. Department of State. His permanent address and other contact information is provided below:

Name:

Permanent Address:

Phone:
Email:

All mail from the U.S. Department of State concerning my immigrant visa should be sent to the address above.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Sincerely yours,
Beneficiary's Name:

Telephone:
Email:

"

Hope it helps.

Case# generated

I called NVC today:
NVC received my documents yesterday. They have provided me the case numbers for my spouse and son. They updated the system with my email id. They informed me that I'll receive the documents in 2 to 3 weeks.

My immediate action: I'll ask my spouse to apply for the PCC (Police clearence certificate) as it might take atleast 3 weeks to get.

Hey thakdha, hypoesse, Jazzysingh, syed m. and everyone else by the grace of Allah my husband's case was approved on 13th October and my case is already at the visa center. I am soooooooo happyyyyyyyy. Syed M I made an appointment at local field office and the officer told me that my case was approved. Hopefully Syed your case will get approved soon good luck.

Hi Thakda, Guys,

Questions:

Thanks,
Jazzysingh

Yup, that;s right JazzySingh. That's exactly what we did too! :) What ThakDha has written is absolutely correct, we did the same.

I called NVC today:
NVC received my documents yesterday. They have provided me the case numbers for my spouse and son. They updated the system with my email id. They informed me that I'll receive the documents in 2 to 3 weeks.

My immediate action: I'll ask my spouse to apply for the PCC (Police clearence certificate) as it might take atleast 3 weeks to get.

Congrats! YES, ask your wife to start off with the Police Certificate and any other Civil documents that are needed to be sent by her to you asap ESPECIALLY is she lives in Pakistan/India! It does take long.......

Hey thakdha, hypoesse, Jazzysingh, syed m. and everyone else by the grace of Allah my husband's case was approved on 13th October and my case is already at the visa center. I am soooooooo happyyyyyyyy. Syed M I made an appointment at local field office and the officer told me that my case was approved. Hopefully Syed your case will get approved soon good luck.

Oh wow Noorilove, very happy for you!! Good luck! :) So, I believe you've been assigned a case number from NVC now? Has the approval letter from USCIS reached you by mail yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Noorilove, congratulation. i m very happy that your case got approved. INSHALLAH TAALA everything will go great from here on, i know that total process is eight months and it takes really eight months around. NVC process is faster. keep praying for me too, i am very much worried. Again Congratulation. ALLAH will give lot of happiness to you & your family and also to me and my family AMEEN.

Syed M, I think you should make an info appointment and go ask one of the officers and they will tell you if your case has been approved and also you can call NVC they will also tell you if they have recieved your case because i think something is wrong with the USCIS website my case still shows Intial Review on the USCIS website but NVC has already recieved my case. Thank you so much for the kind thoughts and the officer told me my case was approved on 13 October so if you want you can make an appointment. INSHALLAH you will get some answers.

What to expect after sending in aos pkg.?will we get confirmation emails,shud we just wait for iv fee to be paid,whats the next step?

For sending aos pkg. Did you all use regular first class usps or express usps with tracking and cobfirmation?

Hipaa,
I am not sure but did you have your I-130 approved? I just wanted to see if you received any instructions from NVC asking you to send the AOS package.

Noorilove - Congrats!

Thakda, Princess,
Thanks for your responses. I did scan and send an electronic copy of DS3032 to NVC.

Guys,
Can someone tell me if they have heard from NVC over sending the AOS package after the step of DS3032 and AOS fee of $88 is done?

For sending aos pkg. Did you all use regular first class usps or express usps with tracking and cobfirmation?

Yes i got i130 approved a while back.it shud be in the earlier post.i paid $88 for aos and printed the coverpage off the website,shud i wait for some email from nvc or is it ok to mail it once you get the coverpage from nvc?

I read thro. All the info. I cud get,once the $88is paid and the coverpage is generated with barcode,we dont have to get any instructions from nvc,we can put aos together ,attach this coverpage and send it.