US citizen filed I-130 for wife in India April 2010

Noorilove, has your brother been contacted by NVC for his case yet??

hypoesse,
my brother has not gotten anything. can i send you private message of wat uscis sent me when i wrote to them thakdha give the email address because i quite don't understand it. I also have set any appointment to go talk to one of the officers in person with my brother on the 19th october, even now my brother is concerned about my case.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey thakdha,
i know right i have been waiting for long time now for me its been 5 months and 21 days. maybe kingkhan has a child with his wife.

and for the oddest reason on earth, the USCIS processing timeline for the I-130s shows 16.8 months on average as opposed to a five month on average timeline :s :s :s

SO SCARED!

hey thakdha,
i know right i have been waiting for long time now for me its been 5 months and 21 days. maybe kingkhan has a child with his wife.

may be...noorilove and hypo , guys, give it til this Monday. u know how they update the system on mondays, see wat happens next Monday.

may be...noorilove and hypo , guys, give it til this Monday. u know how they update the system on mondays, see wat happens next Monday.

hey thakdha,
I know I understand and I am waiting til monday for the update but what I don't get how VJ and kingkhan got their approval in the middle of the week. Thats why I am concerned

Guys, Thakda,

I just called the NVC hoping my case information made it to them from USCIS and unfortunately it's not there yet which is understandable. I was told it takes almost 15 "business" days to reach them from USCIS.

Thakda - It's exactly 10 business days for you to date. You might want to call them on Wednesday or Friday to see if you got an NVC number assigned.

The lady at NVC suggested to go through the following site and the links there to get a better idea of the process and collect documents in advance.

http://immigrantvisas.travel.gov

Also, I was told it takes about 4 to 6 weeks for this whole process of USCIS to NVC to NVC getting the fees and documents from us and it's almost another 6 to 8 weeks for NVC to review the documents before scheduling the Interview at the US Consulate. Considering all this, we could be looking at 3 months+ more from the date of USCIS I-130 approval, that if we are lucky.

Guys, Thakda,

I just called the NVC hoping my case information made it to them from USCIS and unfortunately it's not there yet which is understandable. I was told it takes almost 15 "business" days to reach them from USCIS.

Thakda - It's exactly 10 business days for you to date. You might want to call them on Wednesday or Friday to see if you got an NVC number assigned.

The lady at NVC suggested to go through the following site and the links there to get a better idea of the process and collect documents in advance.

http://immigrantvisas.travel.gov

Also, I was told it takes about 4 to 6 weeks for this whole process of USCIS to NVC to NVC getting the fees and documents from us and it's almost another 6 to 8 weeks for NVC to review the documents before scheduling the Interview at the US Consulate. Considering all this, we could be looking at 3 months+ more from the date of USCIS I-130 approval, that if we are lucky.

hey guys,
thakdha, jazzy, princess12 and vj my brother got a letter from NVC and they assigned him with case number and a voice id number and also a letter with a choice of agent. my brother recieved his letter from NVC in 19 days.

That's great Noorilove and Princess12,
It seems like the idea of 15 business days for NVC to reach out to us is holding true as is shown in your cases. Thanks for the update. Please keep posting.

I called nvc on friday ,they asked me to call back in one week,i got my 130i approval on sep27

Yeh Thakdha..i receivd mine on the 9th. Thakdha..call nvc n ask ek if they assigned the case number for ur case..if they have..tell em u wnna add an email and you want everything thru emails. Cuz in de mail it'l tke much longer thn email.

Hello, My name is Kiga from Kenya. I got married to a US citizen in 2009 August when l visit him on a tourist visa. I came back to Kenya and now l feel like joining him in USA. What l am l supposed to do.

Consolidated

xxxxxxxxxx: USCIS JOURNEYxx-- xxxxxxxNVC JOURNEYxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IDxxxxxxxx: I130PD -- I130AD-- NVC case#Assgn -- Rec DS-3032/I-864Bill -- RcI864pkg
Immi786xx: Mar 23 -- Sep 16 -- Info NA xxxxxxxx
Noorli bro's: Mar 31 -- Sep 20 -- Info NA xxxxxxxx -- Oct 8th
Princes12x: Mar 31 -- Sep 22 -- Info NA xxxxxxxx -- Oct 9th
Takdhaxxx: Apr 01 -- Sep 24 -- Waiting xxxxxxxxx
Hippxxxxxx: Apr 09 -- Sep 28 -- Info NA xxxxxxxxx
Saheer3sx: Apr 09 -- Sep 29 -- Info NA xxxxxxxxx
Jazzysingh: Apr 12 -- Oct 01 -- Info NA xxxxxxxxx
Noorilovex: Apr 16 -- waiting
I130xxxxxx: Apr 21 -- waiting
vjfriendsxx: Apr 26 -- Oct 05 -- Waiting xxxxxxxxx
hippossexx: Apr 28 -- waiting

Yeh Thakdha..i receivd mine on the 9th. Thakdha..call nvc n ask ek if they assigned the case number for ur case..if they have..tell em u wnna add an email and you want everything thru emails. Cuz in de mail it'l tke much longer thn email.

Hey princess12 could you please guide what you've done or are required to do as per the Notice of approval that you received on the 9th from NVC.
What forms do you need to fill and send back and where??
Also, is it possible for you to give us a list of things that they've requested from you, so it gives all of us here a better idea as to what we need to get hold of too before the time for us to submit them comes? I'd be HIGHLY obliged :)