Three Year H1-B Extension after approval of I-140, EB3, Tracker

akil said:
My employer filed for my Green card Labor in Nov 2005 and I got that approved in Mar,2006. They filed I140 and got that approved in May 2006. My 6 years of H1 expired on Aug 2006. My employer filed for my H1 extenstion for three years and I got that approved until 2009. Is it adviceable to switch employer at this point? If so should I need to start the green card process from the beginning?
Akil

You need to be nice with your original employer and make sure that he does not revoke your approved I-140 before you get H1 transfer approval.
Since your transfer is approved you can enjoy 3 year extension even if original I140 is revoked after that.

Your green card process needs to be started over with new employer.
Technically you can transfer your old PD if original employer does not revoke your approved I-140.

VCS to CSC

Hi

I appiled my H1-Extension after my I-1409 approved. My company sent the documents to VSC. We got a email saying " H1B extentions are forwarded to the California Service Center for receipting and adjudication. You may contact them at csc-premium.processing@dhs.gov "
CSC says they did not received it. Is there I can do about it. Is anybody had similar experience please share with me. I applied Premium Process.

Incorrect. The analysis you are trying to use is applicable to portability of the
green card process to another employer pursuant to the AC-21 legislation. Here, the green card process with the current employer has not reached the point where it is portable under AC-21.

Use of the I-140 priority date for subsequent I-140's has nothing to do
with AC21, same/similar occupation, EB-2/EB-3 etc. It is a completely
separate provision of law. If the new employer files a new labor cert and I-140, for any position, in any EB category, you are entitled to have the old
priority date applied to the new I-140.

In other words, there is no effect of the current employer withdrawing I140 on retaining PD with new employer.

sfmars said:
You need to be nice with your original employer and make sure that he does not revoke your approved I-140 before you get H1 transfer approval.
Since your transfer is approved you can enjoy 3 year extension even if original I140 is revoked after that.

Your green card process needs to be started over with new employer.
Technically you can transfer your old PD if original employer does not revoke your approved I-140.

Last edited by a moderator:
more then 2 months

Hello,
Its been more then 2 months that I applied for 3 years H1 extension. is this normal? (LC and I-140 cleared).

I read few posts mentioning slowness in approving H1 extensions. Did not find more on it though.

-GCCovet

H1 by Regular processing applied in CSC after I-140 Approval

Applied a 3 year extn in regular processing after I-140 approval. This is after my 6 years original H1.

Date of sending documents to CIS - 12/27/06
Received date - 01/03/2007
Approval date - ??????
H1 document received in hand date - ?????

Will update the dates once I get more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
H1B Transfer / 8th Yr Extension Approved

H1B Premimum Processing Transfer to Company B and 8th Yr Extension Approval Requested based on approved I-140 from Company A. Most amazing and noticeable thing is this was all completed in a week considering it to be a relatively complex case (H1B Transfer)! Petition Approval Pending Receipt.

Filed date : Jan 03, 2007 (Wednesday)
USCIS Receipt Date: Jan 05, 2007 (Friday)
Approval Date : Jan 09, 2007 (Tuesday)
Receipt of Actual Petition : TBD

Thought folks may find this info useful.