Three Year H1-B Extension after approval of I-140, EB3, Tracker

powerman

Registered Users (C)
Let's Discuss and Track, 3 year H1-B Extension after getting I-140, EB3.

Please post your experience and file detail here.

What exactly I-140 mean? I read on internet that its employer filling for permanent residency for foriegn alien. Now once this is approved, why I-485????

I am completely aware of entire process, however, i m trying to understand the logic involved over here.

Yes, you do get 3 year long H-1B's after labor and 140 approval. After that, based on the retrogression, you would have to wait for your PD to become current. Mine's EB3 category and PD is Jan 2004. Pretty much f*ked up state.

ppl from retrogress country like India, they cannot file i-485, till visa date become current, thoese guys need to renew or extend thier H1 visa beyond intial 6 year, now once you got LC and I-140, and your current H1 is about get expire, then you are eligible to get 3 year extension (beyond 6 year).

I hope it will help.

Urgent Requirement on H1B Transfer

Hi Guys

I am Rajesh.M, US Technical Recruiter/Visa Processing. I am working in a leading ITConsulting company. We planned to recruit immediately for our office, strong Software Professional on any skillset, who have a valid H1B Visa.

If you are interested in transferring your H1B, Please send your resume along with your contact number to rajesh.us.it.recruiter@gmail.com

Note : The position is urgent, so can even forward your friends or relatives for the H1 Transfer

Regards

Rajesh.M

powerman said:
ppl from retrogress country like India, they cannot file i-485, till visa date become current, thoese guys need to renew or extend thier H1 visa beyond intial 6 year, now once you got LC and I-140, and your current H1 is about get expire, then you are eligible to get 3 year extension (beyond 6 year).

I hope it will help.

yes i have understanding of that. thank you. however whats the title for I-140 ? and whats the title for I-485 ?

one question

i heard there should be a gap of 6 months between 140 approved date and the date you apply for h1 to get 3 years extension after 140 approval ?

is that true?

thanks

gvr123 said:
one question

i heard there should be a gap of 6 months between 140 approved date and the date you apply for h1 to get 3 years extension after 140 approval ?

is that true?

thanks

No. To apply for 3 yr ext, you need approved I-140, your PD not current when apply for H1 and when approved also. If your PD become current befor H1 approved, no 3 yr, only 1 year extension.
If this is not correct, please correct me..

H1 receipt

Hi,
My employer has applied for the h1(3 year extension)after my 1-140 approval .it has been almost 2 months and i havent yet recd the reciept from INS.
anyone else facing this??
please please post ..

Hello,
My employer filed at VSC for 3 years H1B extension after my I-140 approval. The case was transferred to CSC and I got my H1B approval notice in 45 days. You'll get soon. Best of luck.
Akil

rtmo said:
Hi,
My employer has applied for the h1(3 year extension)after my 1-140 approval .it has been almost 2 months and i havent yet recd the reciept from INS.
anyone else facing this??
please please post ..

whats the rush :) ? Wait for another two weeks or something. Else give ur attorney a call...if i were u i wont worry regardless...hey its not our headache, its company and DOL's relationship. as long as i get my paycheck...

I am filing for the extension this week or may next week.
I am doing the premium processing for the H1-B extension.

I hope things smooth well, as it important for me to get the extension in time.

to powerman

powerman

can you please send us some details about the i-140 approval. i believe you had a three year degree. i am also having a three year degree. is it your 140 is eb2/eb3. where did you do your educational evaluation.

thanks

patsfan said:
powerman

can you please send us some details about the i-140 approval. i believe you had a three year degree. i am also having a three year degree. is it your 140 is eb2/eb3. where did you do your educational evaluation.

thanks

yes i have 3 yr degree, but having 10 yrs of IT experience, and evalution done by my lawyer, you can search on forum for good evalutor, i been with same employer for the last six year, since my 1st H1, got my I-140 on EB3.

Thanks powerman
I also have similar years of experience in IT. Can you please send me the evaluator name.

Thanks

Friends

Any one share with me how much fee you paid when you applied for 3 year extension after I-140 approved.

According to USCIS I-129 Instructions

The base fee for this petition is $190.00.

A U.S. employer filing a $190.00 form I-129 for an H-1B
nonimmigrant or for a Chile or Singapore H-1B1 Free Trade
Nonimmigrant must submit the $190.00 petition filing fee
and, unless exempt under Part B of the H-1B Data Collection
and Filing Fee Exemption Supplement, an additional fee of
either $1,500.00 or $750.00.
A U.S. employer with a total of 25 or less full-time equivalent
employees in the United States (including any affiliate or
subsidiary of the employer) is only obligated to pay the
$750.00 fee.
The base fee for this petition is $190.00.

This petition is the second or subsequent request for an
extension of stay filed by the employer regardless of when
the first extension of stay was filed or whether the
$1,500.00 or $750.00 filing fee was paid on the initial
petition
or the first extension of stay; or

NOTE: H-1B and L-1 petitioners required to pay the $500.00
Fraud Prevention and Detection Fee mandated by the H-1B
Visa Reform Act of 2004 must submit a check or money order
separate from the additional fee and petition fee. Petitioners
for Chile or Singapore H-1B1 Free Trade Nonnimmigrants do
not have to pay this fee.

In October 2005 my job responsibilities changed and we did amendment to I-129. At that time my company paid $2185.00 Including $1500+$500 Fraud Protection fee. According their instructions my company not required to pay that amount. Am I right?

Can I apply

Can i apply for I-140 Premium Processing based on PERM Labor PD 2006, without jeoparidizing BEC Labor? Please advise.
Since my PD based on BEC Labor is current, and eventually I will file I-140 based on BEC Labor.

-----------------------
PERM Labor - PD - Sept 2006
PERM Labor - Approved
-----------------------
BEC Labor - PD Apr 2002
NOT YET APPROVED
-----------------------

HA-1 said:
No. To apply for 3 yr ext, you need approved I-140, your PD not current when apply for H1 and when approved also. If your PD become current befor H1 approved, no 3 yr, only 1 year extension.
If this is not correct, please correct me..

H1 extension handled by California Service Center!!!!

Hi Friends

I just want to let you guys know. I appiled for H1B extension (at VSC center) after I-140 approved .

Today I received response for my email
H1B extentions are forwarded to the California Service Center for receipting and adjudication. You may contact them

From the VSC service center. I don't understand why they ask us to apply at VSC center them move the case to California. It creates unnecessary delay.

My employer filed for my Green card Labor in Nov 2005 and I got that approved in Mar,2006. They filed I140 and got that approved in May 2006. My 6 years of H1 expired on Aug 2006. My employer filed for my H1 extenstion for three years and I got that approved until 2009. Is it adviceable to switch employer at this point? If so should I need to start the green card process from the beginning?
Akil

Akil

Akil

As of I understand you need to start your green card process from the new employer from the beginning. You still can make use of the PD because your I-140 is approved.