The beginning of the end of the affair...

Congratulations ! enjoy the approval , Hope you will get card and Gc journey will end very soon.

Same here.

Congratulations!...

I am also in the same situation like you. I received the Approval Notice sent email on Aug 15th and still not received the paper notice, also my wife case is not approved yet.

Self:
PD : Aug 2003
I-140/I-485 RD : Dec 2003
FP1, FP2 : Jan 2005, May 2007
I-485 Rec LUD's : 08/07/07, 08/08/07, 08/14/07, 08/15/07, 08/16/07

I- 485 AD : 08/15/07

Wife:
PD : Aug 2003
I-140/I-485 RD : Dec 2003
FP1, FP2 : Jan 2005, May 2007
I-485 Rec LUD's : May 15 2007 after Fp2
I- 485 AD : ????

hope you're right :)

called TSC today and found out that they received my FP2 cleared (despite the fact that they sent me a duplicate FP notice for the date of my FP in July, and two calls last week said that they had no record of FP2
She also said not assigned to officer, and no visa # allocated - for what it's worth

istrategist, I am getting a feeling you will be next. I'm turning into psychic :)

Thank you everyone.

It's good to see many approvals today. There seems to be some truth to the LUDs+7-10 days theory. Let's hope we have entire pages full of "approval" threads today. :)

anything special you did...or it was long time coming???

I feel that since I missed the FP appointment in May (through no fault of my own - USCIS never generated the notice to send me, and never scheduled it at the ASC), I had missed the "Friday July 13th" mass approval train. When I found out about missing the FP on July 06, I was so pissed I decided to pursue the matter every single day. After all, the idea is that USCIS does its job as it should, irrespective of whether we contact them or not, right? RIGHT?? Yeah right.

In short, I don't know what worked. Maybe the fact that I stopped bugging the TSC IOs after July 26th (I just stopped calling once I saw how bogus their responses could be).

Anyway, the things I did late, and should have done earlier:

1. Contacted my Congressman, who initiated an email query on 07/25. The response wasn't satisfactory, but it indicated for certain that all checks had cleared, and they had the right address in the system. The email sent was a simple query for information, no sort of "request to expedite".

2. Sent a case problem package to the CIS Ombudsman. I don't know if this helped at all, since I have not received any acknowledgement from them even though my mail was received by their office on Aug 1st. In any case, it's possible they worked behind the scenes and caused the LUDs on 8/10-14. I may never know unless their office tells me.

In something as important as this, though, it doesn't hurt to try all avenues. The important thing is to get USCIS/TSC to acknowledge that all checks are cleared - this acknowledgement has credibility only (in my opinion) if provided in response to a congressional or an Ombudsman enquiry. TSC can directly b.s. applicants all they like, but that doesn't happen when someone from the Gov't enquires.

Hi Marooned,

Could you please post the format of the letter you had sent to congressman?

Thanks in advance !

Could you please post the format of the letter you had sent to congressman?

Well, I wrote a kinda lengthy letter, and never got back a response back!

Almost a month went by, then I called up his local office and spoke to a congressional aide in charge of constituent services. Within minutes of my call, he sent out an enquiry to TSC.

So, I would strongly suggest you call them up. If the congressman has multiple offices (in multiple cities), they may redirect you to call a different office. Either way, calling and speaking to a human is the fastest way to get a response. If possible, set up a short appointment at their office and take along relevant documents with you. You may have to sign a privacy waiver form so that the aide can enquire about your case.

Hey maroon dude !!! good to see you are out of woods man.. CONGRATULATIONS...

Requires airing for about 2 hours, though, so I'll have to leave work early today. ;)

that is so funny.... be sure to hang out here now and then ! you must be already on your way home by now !