• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Technical problems visa systems

My country is not in the list..so bummer :(

As of noon today, 39 posts have been reconnected, representing more than two-thirds of the global nonimmigrant visa volume. All our servers appear to be stable.

The 39 is an increase over the 22 yesterday. Remember, not every country has their own post.

My country is not in the list..so bummer :(

As of noon today, 39 posts have been reconnected, representing more than two-thirds of the global nonimmigrant visa volume. All our servers appear to be stable.

EDIT:It seems my status was switched from AP to READY. :):)

It got switched back to AP again...Bummer

EDIT:Seems like they jsut updated the website

The Bureau of Consular Affairs reports that 50 posts, representing nearly three-quarters (73 percent) of our nonimmigrant visa demand worldwide, are now online and issuing visas.

-They however only listed 44 posts instead of 50

Posts overseas have issued more than 150,000 non-immigrant visas since June 9. For context, if systems had been operating normally, posts would have issued approximately 450,000 visas during the June 9-23 timeframe. We expect to close this gap rapidly over the next few days.

-Seems like a 300k backlog for non-IV viases..wonder how much IV backlog they have...

Last edited:
It's interesting they don't specify IV cases. I know that when they have had problems before, they have prioritized immigrant visas over NIVs. I'd presume they've done the same again??

Hello guys,
as I mentioned before me and my husband had our interview on June 09, and haven't received our passports with printed visas yet due to the technical problem. I just checked the visa status at the ceac link and it says issued at my husband number and ready at mine. What does it mean please? Would we expect our passports soon?
Thanx in advance to all!!!

Hello guys,
as I mentioned before me and my husband had our interview on June 09, and haven't received our passports with printed visas yet due to the technical problem. I just checked the visa status at the ceac link and it says issued at my husband number and ready at mine. What does it mean please? Would we expect our passports soon?
Thanx in advance to all!!!

Some embassies are "lazy" about updating derivatives. So - it sounds like they have marked the case as issued, without updating your status correctly. That is most likely their bad update - not anything sinister. Now - as for when you will get the passport - that is anyone's guess....

Lol, hope you got it right Britsimon!
I spoke with the DHL center, they got the envelope from the embassy and we can have it tomorrow morning,
let's wait and see ;)

Good morning all!
So, we went at the DHL office today and got my husband passport, mine wasn't printed yet :( at ceac link it says ready isn't changed to issued yet :(
Should I be worried?? What can I do, what do you suggest?
Thanx guys and especially Britsimon you are very helpful!!!

OMG I just go under AP what's happening the interview went fine, we didn't miss any docs and the officer said we both qualify for a visa!!
Have anyone any idea? I'm so confused right now!!!

Good morning all!
So, we went at the DHL office today and got my husband passport, mine wasn't printed yet :( at ceac link it says ready isn't changed to issued yet :(
Should I be worried?? What can I do, what do you suggest?
Thanx guys and especially Britsimon you are very helpful!!!

Perhaps you need to contact the embassy. I am assuming they didn't ask you to submit any additional documentation after the interview? It's unusual to get separate issuances unless a spouse is on AP, however this may just be a delay somehow related to the technical issues they were having. Your only way to know for sure is ask the embassy.

OMG I just go under AP what's happening the interview went fine, we didn't miss any docs and the officer said we both qualify for a visa!!
Have anyone any idea? I'm so confused right now!!!

This is normal between 'ready' and visa issuance so probably just means they are working on your visa.

Me again guys,
Sorry for being impatient but for how long is it normal to be on AP between ready and issued?
Thanx to all!

Hello, I just got my passport with a visa. But I'm trying to pay the immigration fee and it says it must pass 5 day after the visa issue to make the payment. Is there any other possibilities to pay it, when I arrive in America for example, or in an account number? I have my ticket on July 3, do I have to postpone it?

Hello, I just got my passport with a visa. But I'm trying to pay the immigration fee and it says it must pass 5 day after the visa issue to make the payment. Is there any other possibilities to pay it, when I arrive in America for example, or in an account number? I have my ticket on July 3, do I have to postpone it?

You can pay it in America.