• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Technical problems visa systems

Golden Beck

Hi guys, lets discuss the technical visa issuance problems in this thread.
I have my DV visa interview scheduled for mid July. I am kinda worried about it.
Is there any report that they have cancelled or rescheduled any DV interviews since the technical problem?
Is there anyone who attended visa interview after June 9th?

Hi guys, lets discuss the technical visa issuance problems in this thread.
I have my DV visa interview scheduled for mid July. I am kinda worried about it.
Is there any report that they have cancelled or rescheduled any DV interviews since the technical problem?
Is there anyone who attended visa interview after June 9th?

They'll just keep processing - queue them up, then issue them in a big batch.

Do you mean the Interviews will still happen but they will delay the issuance as well as the printing of the visas?

The only way to find out is to email the embassy you are interviewing at.

What you know is basically what we know, which is what is posted online on the US website
There's definitely going to be a backlog once this is fixed, how long it takes to get it back on track..nobody here knows

We'll just have to wait till they fix it..and people start getting their visas :(

The only way to find out is to email the embassy you are interviewing at.

What you know is basically what we know, which is what is posted online on the US website
There's definitely going to be a backlog once this is fixed, how long it takes to get it back on track..nobody here knows

We'll just have to wait till they fix it..and people start getting their visas :(

I doubt the embassy will know anything...

Hello guys!
Me and my husband did the interview on June 9 and all went smooth but due to this technical problem we haven't got our visas yet :(
Does anybody have any news about this issue?
Hope we'll get our passports before July 3 'cos we have already booked our tickets :((
Have a nice day to everybody :)

Hello guys!
Me and my husband did the interview on June 9 and all went smooth but due to this technical problem we haven't got our visas yet :(
Does anybody have any news about this issue?
Hope we'll get our passports before July 3 'cos we have already booked our tickets :((
Have a nice day to everybody :)

Almost in a similar situation as yours..except my ticket isnt to US and my passport is stuck at the embassay
Hoping to hear some positive news today..
Even if they fixed it today..im not sure how long clearing 2 weeks of backlog will take

The website suggests they are hoping to get it fixed this week, but as Darkn mentioned - expect a delay after it is fixed in dealing with the backlog.

The website suggests they are hoping to get it fixed this week, but as Darkn mentioned - expect a delay after it is fixed in dealing with the backlog.

That was what it wrote last friday when i checked lol
Guess they couldnt fix it "this week" aka last week

Even better..the NYT article wrote
"The system was not expected to come back online before next week, Mr. Kirby said"

Im now considering emailing them and getting back my passport instead..then resubmit it in August when im back from my holidays

Im now considering emailing them and getting back my passport instead..then resubmit it in August when im back from my holidays

Wait a minute: I read somewhere that if you were interviewed in June, you have to get your Visa stamped in June (or in the same month as you were interviewed), otherwise you miss your visa. Reason is that they allocate specific visas for each month etc.

Can you comment on this Britsimon, whether it is true or not?

"The system was not expected to come back online before next week, Mr. Kirby said"

Wait a minute: I read somewhere that if you were interviewed in June, you have to get your Visa stamped in June (or in the same month as you were interviewed), otherwise you miss your visa. Reason is that they allocate specific visas for each month etc.

Can you comment on this Britsimon, whether it is true or not?

Well you don't "miss it" but they need to get new visa numbers so there can be issues, especially near the end of the fiscal year.
Would I risk taking my passport and resubmitting one month from FY end? No, but maybe other people don't want or need a DV visa that bad. Remember it's highly unlikely that your passport ends up on a CO's desk the same date you resubmit. For example when I had to submit a missing document, I know it took a week from arrival at the consulate before it was dealt with. Add to that the backlog of 50k visas a day building up (COs do all visas just not DV). Yeah it's a hard decision, I probably wouldn't want to miss out on a holiday either.

Add to that the backlog of 50k visas a day building up (COs do all visas just not DV).

I agree, it is probably not worth taking the Passport and resubmitting. But I think Backlog is much less when it comes to specific Embassy or Consulate, so they might just divide and conquer?

Similarly, my Interview is scheduled on July 15th, but I need my Passport to apply for EU visa on August 8th, that is 3 weeks after my DV interview.
I am also worried that I might not get my Passport back by Aug 8 and might miss out my EU visa appointment.

Last week they were saying "not before the end of the week"

I agree, it is probably not worth taking the Passport and resubmitting. But I think Backlog is much less when it comes to specific Embassy or Consulate, so they might just divide and conquer?

Similarly, my Interview is scheduled on July 15th, but I need my Passport to apply for EU visa on August 8th, that is 3 weeks after my DV interview.
I am also worried that I might not get my Passport back by Aug 8 and might miss out my EU visa appointment.

Well, your call as to what visa is more important.
Hopefully they will have sorted out the issues by then and it won't be a problem for you.

The system is now partially working (about half the visa issuing posts). Within a day or two the rest should be working....

My country is not in the list..so bummer :(

As of noon today, 39 posts have been reconnected, representing more than two-thirds of the global nonimmigrant visa volume. All our servers appear to be stable.

EDIT:It seems my status was switched from AP to READY. :):)