• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Some questions about DS-260 forms

I think Kinshasa knows about the Post name problem but do check with them as @SusieQQQ suggested
Wow, i hope they'll give You better for your case. But can you please help me with a sample of the letter you sent to kcc for the names problems that I might refer to it ??

@kevmic
Dear sir/madam

I find out that i did not enter my name correctly in my Dv lottery entry for the year 2015 my surname is XXXX and my first name is YYYY and my middle name is RRRR, but in my entry YYYY is the surname instead of XXXX.

I would like to find out if it is possible to make the correction before my husband and I complete and send the ds260, since we are still waiting for our passports from our home country.

Your help will be appreciated

Thanking you.

Your sincerely

RRRRRRR

KCC replied

Thank you for your inquiry.

KCC does not have the ability to retrieve or make changes to the data that was provided on the original entry to the lottery.

Please complete the DS-260 form with the correct information. Once received at KCC, the information will be included in your case file for review.

@kevmic
I am too from drc but living in Johannesburg my wife and I had our interview in Johannesburg.
We had the same name problem .
1st with the DV entry, my wife's surname took the place of the post name.
2nd that same mistake is in my passport.

I wrote to kcc and they replied saying that they will notify the CO.

We had our interview and were put under AP, which last about a month after that our status change to issued but we haven't got our passport back yet (waiting for a month now ) i wrote to them and they asked us to wait for them to email us. So I am waiting as

If it's issued the passport should be ready - rather than emailing them, call them.

This is a good sign for @kevmic I think - hopefully it works out.

If it's issued the passport should be ready - rather than emailing them, call them.

This is a good sign for @kevmic I think - hopefully it works out.

I called and they said they don't take queries over the phone only emails.
Maybe if you do have an other phone number for the Johannesburg embassy I will be happy to try it .

I called and they said they don't take queries over the phone only emails.
Maybe if you do have an other phone number for the Johannesburg embassy I will be happy to try it .

Gee it was a couple of years ago, I don't remember the number! - we also had the thing saying issued but no passports - I called the number on the website and asked to speak to the immigrant visa unit. The friendly lady there told me it was ready to be collected, by us or DHL as we preferred...

@kevmic
Dear sir/madam

I find out that i did not enter my name correctly in my Dv lottery entry for the year 2015 my surname is XXXX and my first name is YYYY and my middle name is RRRR, but in my entry YYYY is the surname instead of XXXX.

I would like to find out if it is possible to make the correction before my husband and I complete and send the ds260, since we are still waiting for our passports from our home country.

Your help will be appreciated

Thanking you.

Your sincerely

RRRRRRR

KCC replied

Thank you for your inquiry.

KCC does not have the ability to retrieve or make changes to the data that was provided on the original entry to the lottery.

Please complete the DS-260 form with the correct information. Once received at KCC, the information will be included in your case file for review.
Thanks a lot Kaza ! This will really help !

please help me....
hello everyone,
I'm one of the dv 2017 selectee and i have submitted the ds-260 form. but am confused with the following question:
1.for the question that says "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law"
i replied "yes" but i don't any documentation yet.... i assumed i will complete all the medical case before the interview.
Do i need to unlock the form and correct it???

please help me....
hello everyone,
I'm one of the dv 2017 selectee and i have submitted the ds-260 form. but am confused with the following question:
1.for the question that says "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law"
i replied "yes" but i don't any documentation yet.... i assumed i will complete all the medical case before the interview.
Do i need to unlock the form and correct it???

No is a more accurate answer, but either answer is OK. No need to correct it.

Hello Simon,

Q1: my wife's last level of education is high school. And she was awarded a certificate and not diploma, is it the American style or what.

Q2: my wife apply for the DV with an occupation/highest level of education of a HIGH SCHOOL CERTIFICATE but she has worked in the past(last year) as a BARTENDER until she went on maternity leave. So Bro. Simon, when filling the WORK/EDUCATION column, must she filled her education portion first before the job occupation.

Q3: That same portion was asking of number of education attended. Must she use both the Junior and senior level of education? She also had a "one day certificate" from a renounced college under the ministry of education last month. Please can she enter that one too. And if yes then how will the sequence be like. I mean which one first, second, third etc

Thanks

Last edited:
Question:
In case of renewing passport after submitting DS 260 ( will get new passport with new passport number ), do we need to unlock DS 260 application and update it or not?
Thanks

Question:
In case of renewing passport after submitting DS 260 ( will get new passport with new passport number ), do we need to unlock DS 260 application and update it or not?
Thanks

If you have time it's probably a good idea, and take both old and new passports to the interview (unless your country takes old passports back).

Do u mean it's good idea to renew the passport or unlock the DS 260?

Since your initial question was whether or not the DS-260 form should be unlocked with the mind of updating it with new passport information, I believe Susie's response about it being a good idea is with regards to the update :rolleyes:.

She just went a step further advising of the need to show up with both the old and new passports for your interview.

Since your initial question was whether or not the DS-260 form should be unlocked with the mind of updating it with new passport information, I believe Susie's response about it being a good idea is with regards to the update :rolleyes:.

She just went a step further advising of the need to show up with both the old and new passports for your interview.

Thanks a lot for the explanation, I unlocked and updated the application twice before, so is it really necessary to unlock the application again and updated it once we get the new passport which is going to happen within 2 weeks I think ?

Thanks a lot for the explanation, I unlocked and updated the application twice before, so is it really necessary to unlock the application again and updated it once we get the new passport which is going to happen within 2 weeks I think ?

No change after u heard these details, please advice!!

Um, we don't sit fulltime looking at this site...
Personally I don't think it's necessary to unlock for changing passport, other people think it is better to do so for background checks. I got a new passport after filling in what was then the DS230 and didn't send an update, no problem. But for some countries where background checks can be more detailed it might be more important. Your call.

For sheez! Please chill!! We're not being paid to seat here and guide people through the DV process. We're doing this of our own free will and we most definitely have a life outside of this forum.