• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Some questions about DS-260 forms

thanks Can I mention 2 of them or what does it mean ? finally which should i choose I think some university courses is ok ? thank u for your help

Yes. You chose university degree.
Then you chose 2 institutions.
The you start with the most recent. Which means you start putting information about your university degree. And then there is another place for a 2nd institution. You talk about your high school diploma. And make sure you chose whether academic or vocational in the case of course of study when you are talking about your high school. But when you talk about the university degree. Put your course of study in university like science or physics or whatever you study. There is a help in the right of the page. Try to have a look at it. Good luck.

Updates
Firstly thank you Mr @Britsimon for your advice, i called KCC this morning, and they said my case has not been yet processed, i sent my ds260 by June 30th, so i think all cases after that date, certainly has not been processed yet, and i asked about if unlocking my forms and make a change on my related course case in previous studies, will it delay the processing of my case, he said No, Probably not. i Said thank you very much, have a good day, and took my lap to send the email which is done and waiting for replying to my request,
NB: i was willing to unlock and make corrections even if it will delay the process, as Mr @Britsimon said, an accurate DS260 with delay better than an inaccurate DS260 without a delay. and i asked the KCC on the phone if i should correct the mistake and i explained it, he said, i have to make an accurate DS260 as much as possible, and told my self am i talking to @Britsimon on the phone :p:p (Thank you very much for giving me time and answering my questions with 10000% accuracy )

I think the unlock will take 3days, am i right ?
Thank you

Updates
Firstly thank you Mr @Britsimon for your advice, i called KCC this morning, and they said my case has not been yet processed, i sent my ds260 by June 30th, so i think all cases after that date, certainly has not been processed yet, and i asked about if unlocking my forms and make a change on my related course case in previous studies, will it delay the processing of my case, he said No, Probably not. i Said thank you very much, have a good day, and took my lap to send the email which is done and waiting for replying to my request,
NB: i was willing to unlock and make corrections even if it will delay the process, as Mr @Britsimon said, an accurate DS260 with delay better than an inaccurate DS260 without a delay. and i asked the KCC on the phone if i should correct the mistake and i explained it, he said, i have to make an accurate DS260 as much as possible, and told my self am i talking to @Britsimon on the phone :p:p (Thank you very much for giving me time and answering my questions with 10000% accuracy )

I think the unlock will take 3days, am i right ?
Thank you

Over the last few days they have been unlocking within 24 hours - so as long as you do it right, it should be quick.

To get the unlocking right first time - http://britsimonsays.com/faq/how-do-i-unlock-my-ds260/

Hello all

In my application I also have my wife and two children. We are from Kosovo. My wife was born in 1989 in Kosovo. From 1991 until 2001 he lived together with her family in Germany. Since 2001 until now again in Kosovo. In the form DS-260 regarding addresses the question is: Where you live after age 16 years. In my case is it necessary to be included on DS-260 my wife's address in Germany. It is worth mentioning that at the time when he lived in Germany my bride was younger than 16 years.

Thank you for your help

Hello all

In my application I also have my wife and two children. We are from Kosovo. My wife was born in 1989 in Kosovo. From 1991 until 2001 he lived together with her family in Germany. Since 2001 until now again in Kosovo. In the form DS-260 regarding addresses the question is: Where you live after age 16 years. In my case is it necessary to be included on DS-260 my wife's address in Germany. It is worth mentioning that at the time when he lived in Germany my bride was younger than 16 years.

Thank you for your help

No need to mention the Germany address.

Hello,
I’m a winner of DV 2016 and had submitted DS-260 in early July 2015. But I only realized after that the person that helped me filling my former application has inverted my names not knowing how to deal with post-names and put my post-name in place of my surname. But in my DS-260 I put the right identity as listed in my passport. Will this prevent me from having my interview scheduled ?
Thanks in advance for advices.

Hello,
I’m a winner of DV 2016 and had submitted DS-260 in early July 2015. But I only realized after that the person that helped me filling my former application has inverted my names not knowing how to deal with post-names and put my post-name in place of my surname. But in my DS-260 I put the right identity as listed in my passport. Will this prevent me from having my interview scheduled ?

You mean your first name was used in place of your surname/last name on your eDV registration? Well this will not prevent you from being scheduled for an interview. However, some COs/embassies have been known to deny some applicants for errors such as this at the time of the interview.

Hello,

What is a post-name? Are they common in your country?
As mom says, if you fill in a DS260 you will be scheduled for interview when your number is current. The instructions do say the name must be the same as the passport so technically you can be disqualified at interview if the surname is incorrect. It may make a difference where you are interviewing as some posts see more fraud (and therefore are more likely to suspect fraudulent intent) than others.

Hello

If you can explain to me processing of a DS 260?
If one DS-260 was completed in May this year and it was reopened in September for a few minor changes. If the completion of the first in May is completed from KCC after re-submit in September whether it is necessary for the processing of the DS-260 another three months. I suppose to complete from KCC one DS-260 to be three months.
I hope you understand the question.

Regards,
Alban

Hello

If you can explain to me processing of a DS 260?
If one DS-260 was completed in May this year and it was reopened in September for a few minor changes. If the completion of the first in May is completed from KCC after re-submit in September whether it is necessary for the processing of the DS-260 another three months. I suppose to complete from KCC one DS-260 to be three months.
I hope you understand the question.

Regards,
Alban

http://britsimonsays.com/does-unlocking-cause-delays/

What is a post-name? Are they common in your country?
As mom says, if you fill in a DS260 you will be scheduled for interview when your number is current. The instructions do say the name must be the same as the passport so technically you can be disqualified at interview if the surname is incorrect. It may make a difference where you are interviewing as some posts see more fraud (and therefore are more likely to suspect fraudulent intent) than others.
Thanks a lot, indeed post names are common in my country Democratic republic of Congo, but is There anything i can do to avoid being disqualified? And when they'll send the 2NL that I will have to find thru entrant status check, which last name will I have to use in order to log in ?

Thanks a lot, indeed post names are common in my country Democratic republic of Congo, but is There anything i can do to avoid being disqualified? And when they'll send the 2NL that I will have to find thru entrant status check, which last name will I have to use in order to log in ?

I still don't understand what a post name is. Can you give an example using a made-up name? (I've met a number of people from DRC and don't recall anything unusual about their names...)
For entrant status check you log in with the exact details you logged in to see if you were selected.

So the good news is that Kinshasa is one of the embassies that actually publicises a phone number as well as an email address.
If my understanding about the post name is correct, the embassy should be familiar with the practice. I'm not sure though if that will be enough to allow them to overlook the mistake, but there is no harm in calling or emailing them to explain the situation and ask if it makes sense to try proceed with the interview.

email AEKinshasaConsular@state.gov or call the immigrant visa line at 081-880-5847 on Mondays from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. or Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Good luck...keep us posted?

So the good news is that Kinshasa is one of the embassies that actually publicises a phone number as well as an email address.
If my understanding about the post name is correct, the embassy should be familiar with the practice. I'm not sure though if that will be enough to allow them to overlook the mistake, but there is no harm in calling or emailing them to explain the situation and ask if it makes sense to try proceed with the interview.

email AEKinshasaConsular@state.gov or call the immigrant visa line at 081-880-5847 on Mondays from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. or Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Good luck...keep us posted?
Sure ! Thanks a lot SusieQQQ. I hope they'll give me good news. [about post-names it's exactly that ; an ancestral name after the surname]

@kevmic
I am too from drc but living in Johannesburg my wife and I had our interview in Johannesburg.
We had the same name problem .
1st with the DV entry, my wife's surname took the place of the post name.
2nd that same mistake is in my passport.

I wrote to kcc and they replied saying that they will notify the CO.

We had our interview and were put under AP, which last about a month after that our status change to issued but we haven't got our passport back yet (waiting for a month now ) i wrote to them and they asked us to wait for them to email us. So I am waiting as