Soldiers charged with immigration marriage fraud

Uncle J,

The military should stop this practice of keeping other people in the barracks and others with civilians. :confused: Why can't we call get along? I mean knowing that your wife is where you are, wouldn't that improve morale and productivity? After you complete training, what is the counter-argument to live on the barracks with your family?

This BAH is a source of problems, because if all soldiers where getting it, then no one would be allowed to live on the barracks. So, soldiers get married to avoid living like eucuchs on behalf of their government, what is the problem with that? :cool:The logic that it requires order and don't need disruption is over-rated, a soldier living off the barracks with a hot young wife can do more harm to himself than what military barracks can offer...:eek:

BAH is not a problem, i have never heard soldiers complain about that, they know how it works and everybody happy. First complain I have ever heard was in this forum. And comes from Jackolantern who don't understand how the system works. People live in the barraks are not complain they got everything, thanks to the U.S Government. But if they getting married they don't wanna stay in the barraks because family members doesn't belong to that area and will not be happy living overthere. Simple thing - Soldiers get up around 4.50 in the morning and there is a thing called room inspection, I don't think that sleeping spouse will be happy to see bunch of soldiers at 6 oclock in the morning checking bedroom for cleaness. Army trying to make soldiers more disciplined and responsible.Family members will only make more mess. Army isn't a family park. It's got its own rules and regulations.

I mean knowing that your wife is where you are, wouldn't that improve morale and productivity?

No it's not improving morale or productivity. Wives will be always around interrupting soldiers. Wives always complain about their husbands working late and calling company commanders. You are soldier 24x7.

:(:(

Sar,

I am afraid, you drank the Kool-Aid which the GOP has been peddling for months now on ACORN. :eek: This is aimed at blunting the effectiveness of voter registration organizations everywhere because the DNC blew away the GOP during elections in the past cycles. In addition, this is an attack against minorities which the republicans have perfected for years. ACORN is a smoke screen to browbeat minorities to the side, because having a dark skin color is a terrible idea for the GOP.

I have seen this sort of behavior before, and after the GOP is done with screwing ACORN and similar organization, they are coming for us. Jews aren't always far from being insulted behind black/hispanics. I have seen reports in conservative circles of a Jewish conspiracy to destroy the financial system as we somehow ran Wall Street. :mad: If you haven't seen such reports, wait till ACORN is off the front papers, then Jews are placed on the fore-front. I am not sure how long you have been living in the US, it happens every couple of years, usually when the GOP has been defeated. ;)

I don't care about GOP and/or minorities.
Everybody is an adult and vaccinated.
It just pisses me off when my money goes to finance a corrupted organization that actually committed fraud in registering individuals to vote.
Acorn is the first one that comes to my mind, but I'm sure the list is long.
Having said that, we are blaming the military because they get too much funding?!? We want wives and kids to live in the barracks? Are we out of our minds? Then tomorrow I'll bring my dog to the office, why not?
So why do married people get a more expensive health insurance at work?

PS: And don't give me the Jewish crap. My wife is Jewish and my kids will be half Jewish, but to say that they're discriminated in the US is a little bit crazy...

Ok Ill give you example:

Private Johnson's base pay is $ 1500 he's a single he lives in the baracks for Free (Free Room, Free electricity etc)
Private Robertson's base pay is $ 1500 he's married he lives off base with his family( he can't live in the barracks with family) he's getting extra money for housing - $ 900 He spends $750 for rent and 150 for utilities.

So what's your point? Start paying housing allowance for everybody even to those who lives in the barracks for FREE?
If that is how it works, that is effectively equal pay.

But if they allow a guy to live in the barracks for free (while not in active duty) and also give money for his wife and children to live off base, that is not equal.

But Jacko, if you go by that logic then why does a single person pay more taxes (less Net pay) than a married person or the one with children for the same amount of work done??
The tax code should not have such discrepancies between married and single, childed and childless.

But if they allow a guy to live in the barracks for free (while not in active duty) and also give money for his wife and children to live off base, that is not equal.

Living in a barrack is not free.
Barracks cost actual money to build and to maintain.
It might (and it most likely is) be true that the incremental cost is lower than $900, but still a married person has to be accommodated.

Living in a barrack is not free.
Barracks cost actual money to build and to maintain.
You know what I meant when I wrote free.

By your definition, nothing anybody gives anybody is free, because it costs them something to build or buy it before giving it away.

No If you are married, you living off base in civilian world. You are not allowed in the barraks you turn your room key and moving off-post.

I don't care about GOP and/or minorities.
Everybody is an adult and vaccinated.

PS: And don't give me the Jewish crap. My wife is Jewish and my kids will be half Jewish, but to say that they're discriminated in the US is a little bit crazy...

Well, if you don't care about GOP and minorities, then we know where you stand. I hear Italy has issues with minorities too, so no issues there...:eek: Coming from the smallest states in the Middle East makes one aware of minorities and their rights. Israel has problems with minorities, especially of palestinian origin, but it will be solved one day but not in my lifetime.....;)

I never said Jews are discriminated in the US, but we are demonized a great deal and if you haven't heard how big our noses are, then I don't know where you have been. Michael Savage is a king of anti-semites and he's a conservative favorite. Long time ago, he said the following cruel things about Jews. In anway, we just have a difference of opinion on this issue and don't want to turn this into a ethnic bloodshed..:cool:

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1148