Soldiers charged with immigration marriage fraud

She's from one of the former Soviet Republics in Asia.

But could she cook? :eek:

As a side thought, tho, the 'looks' could be a giveaway pretty easily as she does have the 'NFH' (not from here) look. Three soldiers in the same unit, all coming up in a short time with NFH brides, could be easier to notice.

Don't judge all Military because of few cases. We are not making millions of dollars, most of the soldiers are living from pay check to pay check, including those who's getting extra money for housing (and spend those money for housing). You have no right to judge military if you don't know how hard is to be far away from home for a year working for up to 18 hours a day, waking up because of rocket exploded nearby. I tell you what, it's a good to sitting in nice apartment and judge those who are earning money with sweat and blood literally. Don't you ever give advice how to manage the Army.
My taxes pay for the Army, so I'll say whatever I want about it.

And I wasn't saying they should downgrade the married soldiers' pay. A single soldier is facing the same dangers as a married one, and both should get paid the same. If it means upgrading the single soldiers' pay to match the married ones, then that's what should be done.

And I wasn't saying they should downgrade the married soldiers' pay. A single soldier is facing the same dangers as a married one, and both should get paid the same. If it means upgrading the single soldiers' pay to match the married ones, then that's what should be done.

I agree about the taxes paying for the Army part and also with all due respect my suggestion to Uncle Joe would be to use a slightly milder language in his posts to put his points across (not only this one but across other posts as well). :)

But Jacko, if you go by that logic then why does a single person pay more taxes (less Net pay) than a married person or the one with children for the same amount of work done??

As a (former) resident of Brighton Beach in Brooklyn and loyal russian club goer I can tell you that I saw much better. :)
Don't you mean you "had" much better?:D

lol! Since he was a "loyal" Russian club goer the "had" seems more likely than the "saw". :D

Guys,

If I was one of the soldiers, I wouldn't be complaining. Who can complain if those big jugs are on your bed every night? :p I mean, warm boobs and u know what every night after a day of blowing sand in the military base, who can refuse it? :confused: Picture number 17 and 23 will give you a better idea, for guys who have a preference for big weapons of mass seductions...:D

It will be a damn shame if none of those soldiers were laid every night for the duration of their fraudalent escapades, because if you are married, shouldn't you be entering the bee hive for some honey? :rolleyes: It would be best to serve time in prison, but at least you had some time to enjoy a passage from russia..;)

Guys,

Being the only guy from Italy living in a Russian neighborhood has its perks.... :D

Until I met my wife in one of those places and then had to retire.... :(

I wonder what that frown :( implies. Maybe you still need some of those extra perks occasionally. :)

Ok Ill give you example:

Private Johnson's base pay is $ 1500 he's a single he lives in the baracks for Free (Free Room, Free electricity etc)
Private Robertson's base pay is $ 1500 he's married he lives off base with his family( he can't live in the barracks with family) he's getting extra money for housing - $ 900 He spends $750 for rent and 150 for utilities.

So what's your point? Start paying housing allowance for everybody even to those who lives in the barracks for FREE?

I agree about the taxes paying for the Army part and also with all due respect my suggestion to Uncle Joe would be to use a slightly milder language in his posts to put his points across (not only this one but across other posts as well). :)

Im trying but if people doesn't understand things that Army pays equally no matter what if you are single soldier or married. The difference is married person living in with family off post and have to pay for housing. and single soldier living in the barracks for FREE. Army guarantees that every soldiers will get place to stay for Free. If married soldier getting money he spending it for housing. He is not allowed to live in the barraks. Oh yeah actualy he can save those money if he will utilize parks or subway for staying overnight.

That journalist skip the point that intention of that marriage was getting immigration benefits for alien, not monetary for the soldier. Yes soldier got his cut from his wife, probably lump sum 5, 10, 20, 30 grand or even more.
Army trying to punish him because Army paid money for housing wrongly, due the fake marriage. But the money he was getting from the Army he spend on housing living off-base.

Uncle Joe,

I disagree with your assertion that getting an additional $900 to live off barracks isn't a monetary benefits, it is a benefits 'cause money coming out of US govt coffers to finance their off-barracks activities. :) The article did mention the fact that russian hotties were getting immigration benefits too. I think married soldiers should be allowed to live on the barracks with their husband/wives, to encourage other soldiers to get married and stop raping their female counterparts...:eek: Sexual assaults in military bases are high, and worst of all, not a significant numbers of sexual perverts ever face justice.

Living in the barracks isn't free either, the taxes which I paid on the interest I earned on my CD went to the federal govt. It cost money to maintain people in the barracks too, which I am paying for..:rolleyes:

it's amazing how some of these people in the military actually believe they can hide behind the military. this isn't the first story i've heard along these lines and i'm sure it won't be the last. good article though...thanks!

I have much more respect for military people, excluding rotten apples (which exist everywhere in the world, not just in US military), than any other people who get Govt money.
Why are we complaining about money which goes to people who are sent off to Iraq or Afghanistan or god knows where to risk to be blown out for our safety and then we don't say anything about funds going to corrupt and dreadful organization such as acorn?

Sarrebal: i totally agree with u. my own father was drafted into the vietnam war before i was even born and my grandfather served in the korean conflict...so my understanding and compassion goes deep. it's just that the bad ppl happen to be the topic on this particular forum/post. i'm sure if there was a place online(i'm sure there must be)...for us to complain about "acorn", many of us would throw our views on that as well. i get ur point though.

Uncle Joe,

I disagree with your assertion that getting an additional $900 to live off barracks isn't a monetary benefits, it is a benefits 'cause money coming out of US govt coffers to finance their off-barracks activities. :) The article did mention the fact that russian hotties were getting immigration benefits too. I think married soldiers should be allowed to live on the barracks with their husband/wives, to encourage other soldiers to get married and stop raping their female counterparts...:eek: Sexual assaults in military bases are high, and worst of all, not a significant numbers of sexual perverts ever face justice.

Living in the barracks isn't free either, the taxes which I paid on the interest I earned on my CD went to the federal govt. It cost money to maintain people in the barracks too, which I am paying for..:rolleyes:

with all due respect Al, In the Army there is a different lifestyle. Family members are not allowed in certain areas, they are not allowed in the barraks after certian time. They are not allowed on the training area. You are talking about let family members live in the barracks. It's not a civilian world, where you can do where ever you want to. In the Army there is a lot of restrictions and we got our own Law.
That's why married people getting BAH (Basic allowance for housing) to stay away from barracks. So they can't interrupt training.

So Army giving you place to stay on post or giving you money that cover expenses to live off post. Let me put this way, Army pays for housing to everybody regardless. Pays for barracks or pays for housing for maried soldiers/people with higher ranks or /and time in service. So getting married and/or moving from one place(barraks) to another will not get you richer.
Barraks located inside Military Installation (government property) and all expenses going directly to contractor, of post housing is a private property and government can't sign contracts personally with every landlord, so soldiers getting money to cover expenses for housing. They not benefiting out of it.

Army provides place to stay and meal at no cost to the soldiers. It can be a government housing and dinning facility or monetary reimbursement. But you are not gonna live on the streets and feed yourself out of trashcans in order to get benefit out of it. Don't you?

I have much more respect for military people, excluding rotten apples (which exist everywhere in the world, not just in US military), than any other people who get Govt money.
Why are we complaining about money which goes to people who are sent off to Iraq or Afghanistan or god knows where to risk to be blown out for our safety and then we don't say anything about funds going to corrupt and dreadful organization such as acorn?

Totally agree.

it's amazing how some of these people in the military actually believe they can hide behind the military. this isn't the first story i've heard along these lines and i'm sure it won't be the last. good article though...thanks!

People getting married with intention get Immigration Benefits everywhere not only in the military. But only military can punish them harder than civilian prosecution.

:(:(

Sar,

I am afraid, you drank the Kool-Aid which the GOP has been peddling for months now on ACORN. :eek: This is aimed at blunting the effectiveness of voter registration organizations everywhere because the DNC blew away the GOP during elections in the past cycles. In addition, this is an attack against minorities which the republicans have perfected for years. ACORN is a smoke screen to browbeat minorities to the side, because having a dark skin color is a terrible idea for the GOP.

I have seen this sort of behavior before, and after the GOP is done with screwing ACORN and similar organization, they are coming for us. Jews aren't always far from being insulted behind black/hispanics. I have seen reports in conservative circles of a Jewish conspiracy to destroy the financial system as we somehow ran Wall Street. :mad: If you haven't seen such reports, wait till ACORN is off the front papers, then Jews are placed on the fore-front. I am not sure how long you have been living in the US, it happens every couple of years, usually when the GOP has been defeated. ;)

People getting married with intention get Immigration Benefits everywhere not only in the military. But only military can punish them harder than civilian prosecution.

Uncle J,

The military should stop this practice of keeping other people in the barracks and others with civilians. :confused: Why can't we call get along? I mean knowing that your wife is where you are, wouldn't that improve morale and productivity? After you complete training, what is the counter-argument to live on the barracks with your family?

This BAH is a source of problems, because if all soldiers where getting it, then no one would be allowed to live on the barracks. So, soldiers get married to avoid living like eucuchs on behalf of their government, what is the problem with that? :cool:The logic that it requires order and don't need disruption is over-rated, a soldier living off the barracks with a hot young wife can do more harm to himself than what military barracks can offer...:eek: