Sick of I-140 denials !!!

I-140 denied, submitted I-290B

I have submitted my GC application concurrently last year. I have been fingerprinted on May, 04. My I-140 is denied on the basis of not having permanent position on June, 04, although my employer has stated in the emploment letter that my position is permanent and funded by Gov Grants. My employer has changed my employment status as permanent. Then I file I-290B with a new employment letter. It is more than two months over, I didn't heard anything from UCIS. In the receipt notice it is mentioned that the processing is taking 30-180 days and I will be informed when a decision will be taken. I was wondering about the chances of getting approval of this type of cases with a new document.
Could anyone in this forums please let me know how long the processing takes and what are the chances of getting the approval of a case like me?

sarbotutu

sarbotutu,
Sorry to hear and your I-140 is based upon future employment based??
pl.let us know. Thank you

rb180

My employer has gave me a permanent research position now. I have submitted my appeal with a new employment letter. Waiting ~4months.

Application Type: I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER

Current Status:

Your I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER was received on June 11, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

I don't understand, what does it means.

Thanks

I140 MTR approved

1st petition
I140 EB1 (OR w/o LC) TSC
RD 7/30/2002
Denied 9/6/2003 (my company couldn't meet the requirement of Research Institute, etc)

2nd petition
I140/485 EB2 (advanced w/ LC) TSC
RD 7/25/2003
Denied 8/20/2004 (LC was EB3)
MTR
RD 9/17/2004
Approved 10/13/2004

Praise my God !
Thanks a lot Unitednations for your valuable advice.
God bless you all on this board !

Hi All

I am new to this form. I am also victim of H1B 6 years limit. I want to go for labor substitution. will you please clarify me following doubts:

1.LC which I am going to use require only Bachelors and 2 years of experience. I have Bachelors (3 years from india) and masters (2 years from india) in computerscience and have 3 years experience. will it be any problem using this LC?

2. In LC under experience, previous IT guy mentioned 10 years of experience. where as I have only three years of experience. In LC under job offer require (14 th column) only 2 years of experience.will it cause any problems in my I140/I485 stages?

3.which is my priority date? is Lc (sustituted) filed date or I140 filed?

4. Can it be possible to change employers after 180 days passed and I 140 approved (luckily) in labor substitution cases?

I appreciate your information. Thanks in advance.

I-140 issue due to my lawyers mistake....

Hi,

My LC gog approved in EB3 category(RIR) in January-2004.

My lawyer filed I-140 and I-485 in the month of Feb and March'2004.

Recently while talking my lawyers I discovered they filed my I-140 in EB2 category. My education qualification is Bsc.(Economics) +6 years of experience.

Will this cause an issue now?

My lawyer says we should wait and USCIS may approve it in EB2.

What are the implications in this?if I amend the case now I will loose 7 months of wait time for I-140, so is it advisable to wait till I get rfe/denial so lawyers can correct the issue,at that time?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Gc Pain said:
I am new to this form. I am also victim of H1B 6 years limit. I want to go for labor substitution. will you please clarify me following doubts:

1.LC which I am going to use require only Bachelors and 2 years of experience. I have Bachelors (3 years from india) and masters (2 years from india) in computerscience and have 3 years experience. will it be any problem using this LC?

--> it is EB-3, then

2. In LC under experience, previous IT guy mentioned 10 years of experience. where as I have only three years of experience. In LC under job offer require (14 th column) only 2 years of experience.will it cause any problems in my I140/I485 stages?
--> first check is it filed under EB2 or EB3.If it's EB3, you have some chance that ur lawyer argue that ur Exp. may be sufficient... in EB2.. Real Problem !!
3.which is my priority date? is Lc (sustituted) filed date or I140 filed?
always LC
4. Can it be possible to change employers after 180 days passed and I 140 approved (luckily) in labor substitution cases?

if 140 approved + 180 days of 485 --> Sure ( if orig. employer has not revoked ur 140 before u send AC21 letter)
I appreciate your information. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
GC Guy said:
Hi,

Recently while talking my lawyers I discovered they filed my I-140 in EB2 category. My education qualification is Bsc.(Economics) +6 years of experience.

What are the implications in this?if I amend the case now I will loose 7 months of wait time for I-140, so is it advisable to wait till I get rfe/denial so lawyers can correct the issue,at that time?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Approved LC in EB-3, Filed in EB-2, you should expect RFE, I guess. Check with 'unitednations', he did ovecome Educational RFE successfully.

http://www.ImmigrationPortal.com/showthread.php?t=137088&goto=newpost

You should switch to 3rd

It looks like you have same trouble with me.

My RFE (02-20-04) said
"Do you want to change your requested classification to 3rd preference? A skilled worker or professional. If so, please so state. If not, please so state"

Unfortunately, my attorney ignored this option and it was denied on 08-20-04.

If you receive this kind of RFE, YOU SHOULD SWITCH to 3rd. Otherwise you will get into trouble like me.
Anyway, RFE will delay the approval at least 6 months or more.

-Freewill

GC Guy said:
Hi,

Please advice.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for reply Free Will

I was thinking to send an amendment via my lawyers since we have discovered this mistake well ahead in time. Do you think it makes sense to send an amendmend?Would you know how long it will take/delays the process?

Another alternative based on your reply is, not do do anything now and as you mentioned just wait for that RFE where I am able to select EB3.

Please let me know your opinion

I have no idea about amendment. Please try if you can.
Otherwise you will probably receive a RFE about 6 -7 months later since you filed I140 based on my case.

Good luck !

GC Guy said:
Thanks for reply Free Will

I was thinking to send an amendment via my lawyers since we have discovered this mistake well ahead in time. Do you think it makes sense to send an amendmend?Would you know how long it will take/delays the process?

Another alternative based on your reply is, not do do anything now and as you mentioned just wait for that RFE where I am able to select EB3.

Please let me know your opinion

180 days over, but My I-290B still pending

Hi folks, Although 30-180 days time frame for my I-290B is over on 12/11/2004, the LUD does not changed. Could you please let me whether it is normal or abnormal? Is there any possible possibity of getting the approval?

Thnks

sarbotutu

I-140/485 approved. Landslide victory of UN !!

<Drama in Real Life>

My 2nd I-140 finally approved which was destined for denial even after struggling for 3 years.

Here is my real story. Please see my postings right from April 8th'2004 since my fisrt 140 was denied and dismissed on appeal too. This was the time I registred with boards and wanna discover any way out of this mess.

Here is my attemts and survival story: ( I just wanna give facts not the feelings)

Apr'04: My first 140 was denied and Appeal was dismissed based on my company's Y2000/2001/2002 financials. Reason: Petitioner did not establish 'Ability to Pay' since PD of the LC 10/2000 to 04/2003.
Attorney asked my company CPA to work back on company financials to show ability. Company's CPA summarily rejected that 'There was nothing to work on as company financials are bad. That's it'. Eventually, Attorney argued on his own on the appeal based on company's subjective matters like 2001 was in economic depression and could not do much business and 2002 onwards it's picking up with and currently paying proferred wage in 08/2003 with improved revenues.
After 10 months, Appeal was dismissed that USCIS's director's earlier decision was right and Petitioner did not establish 'Ability to Pay' on PD. In short, AAO and USCIS didn't buy bulls**T subjective arguments. Lesson learned.

Consequently after denial I made futile attempts on searchng possibilities for

Strategy 1: Tranferring LC to different company. ---too complicated.
Strategy 2: Applying AC-21 on pending 140. Never heard any +ve news. Every one said use it as last resort and again not an option; So ruled out.

Basically, left with no choice other than fighting back on 'Ability to Pay' I could not find any info on boards, so started thread "Sick of I-140 denials !!! http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136329 " and posted my issues. Nobody answered/understood my issues for a while. Well, out of a blue moon, "unitednations" replied to my burning issues on 'Ability to Pay' by answering/educating me on this with patience.

Since then (July'2004), Not only I have been in constant touch with him, also, UN, by himself checking with me on my options on 'What's the strategy to encounter third denial on my case?'

I asked my lawyer same Q in Sept'04 what if my case denied again, attorney said in single liner response "We will deal when it's denied". which scared me that he had no idea what so ever.

Well, I resorted back to this thread in Oct'04 and asked UN. UN replied that we gotto see comapany finances since PD (10/2000) to check any potential. Please note that UN did volunteer finding a solution by checking comapny finances by educating me on GOLDEN THREE RULES for "ability to pay'.

It took me two months to get tax returns of Y00/01/02/03 from company. Reason: Employer is not willing to share company finances with employees for various reasons.

Once I got those tax reruns, then forwarded to UN for any potential to salvage my case. While I was least expecting any response from anyone after looking at company's wretched finances of
Y00 -> 60k
Y01 -> 12k
Y02 -> 23 k
Y03 -> 20k ,
thing is by looking at above company finances, previously, no CPA dare to say a word on matching up wih my 90k annual salary for LC.

Out of total surprise, UN called me and shed me light that there was 100% potential on 'Ability to pay' but only by amending taxes. Amending those taxes is not trivial thing because the numbers were too tight. Well, I could not comprehend (I'm a techy) how UN managed this tough task by his exceptional accounting skills/methodologies to solve the riddle. One thing is sure that he spent great deal of time and hardwork in researching these accounting issues in immigration standpoint and explaining the passive-employer.

After that, UN researched strategies by combinations of USCIS policies like Yates memo, AAO decisions and various accounting methodilogies to prove ability to pay on my case. Final documentation became so huge like ~90 pages. It's so tough to read and assimiliate the hundereds of AAO decisions based on immigration and economic rules even if you get paid to do that.

One thing, I noticed that UN is always optimistic and enthusiastic all along the way and worked with whole hearted commitment to encounter the denial on my cases from all perspectives.

Everyday, I remember his words when I said that I was not quite sure of this whole thing. Does it really work? UN said, "I'm 100% sure wholeheartedly you will get approval. This is rock solid case with my best accounting skills. I'll stand by you to fight with any RFE/denial till you get approval."

Then, recalling his words time to time, I forwarded final documentation to my lawyer. Now, new trouble came up. Lawyer didn't want to send doc to USCIS and said 'we can't send documentation here and there little, little. Mail room reject it', INS does not like you !!." ..... I'm speechless for a while.." Reason, 'ego' came into the picture by looking at UN's work. When I spoke to lawyer that however, later, lawyer undeniably said that he's amazed by the CPA's handsome documentation.
At this juncture, UN proactively assured and supported me to take the risk of pushing the attorney to file it on 02/24/2005.

After that, I've been checking the case status everyday couple of times.. but no LUDs.. So, I got skeptical whether it made to my pending file ..?..but UN is following up with me regularly and boosting my morale... that we can re-file 140 in other category as a backup proactively.

By waiting/checking and keeping fingers crossed we filed new 140/eb3 on 03/04/2005 as there was no LUD on my pending 140 and anticipating RFE.

Fianlly, after a quiet and traceless limbo of 12 days, yesterday evening I got magic emails that your case APPROVED. I was totally stunned with pleasant unbelievable shock. I could not believe that my 140 was APPROVED and 485 also after exactly 45 minutes. I confirmed it sevaral times by checking on-line case search..

WOW, Thank God.. it just happend .. UN's documentation made thru my file and CIS approved it..
Then I just prayed God for a while and first person I called to break the news was Guess Who? it's 'unitednations' and expressed my whole-hearted gratitude for his help by recalling his words ...I'll stand by you to fight till you get approval......"

In short, 'unitednations' is my Hero and Savior of my immigration life in US now on.... :)

With special thanks to 'unitednations' for his goodwill, hardwork and perseverance.

-lohithkc@yahoo.com

P.S.> To get my full story, search the forum with my id 'lohith'

Congratulations. What an amazing story.

Thank you UN for your efforts to save some ones future.

lohith said:
<Drama in Real Life>

My 2nd I-140 finally approved which was destined for denial even after struggling for 3 years.

Here is my real story. Please see my postings right from April 8th'2004 since my fisrt 140 was denied and dismissed on appeal too. This was the time I registred with boards and wanna discover any way out of this mess.

Here is my attemts and survival story: ( I just wanna give facts not the feelings)

Apr'04: My first 140 was denied and Appeal was dismissed based on my company's Y2000/2001/2002 financials. Reason: Petitioner did not establish 'Ability to Pay' since PD of the LC 10/2000 to 04/2003.
Attorney asked my company CPA to work back on company financials to show ability. Company's CPA summarily rejected that 'There was nothing to work on as company financials are bad. That's it'. Eventually, Attorney argued on his own on the appeal based on company's subjective matters like 2001 was in economic depression and could not do much business and 2002 onwards it's picking up with and currently paying proferred wage in 08/2003 with improved revenues.
After 10 months, Appeal was dismissed that USCIS's director's earlier decision was right and Petitioner did not establish 'Ability to Pay' on PD. In short, AAO and USCIS didn't buy bulls**T subjective arguments. Lesson learned.

Consequently after denial I made futile attempts on searchng possibilities for

Strategy 1: Tranferring LC to different company. ---too complicated.
Strategy 2: Applying AC-21 on pending 140. Never heard any +ve news. Every one said use it as last resort and again not an option; So ruled out.

Basically, left with no choice other than fighting back on 'Ability to Pay' I could not find any info on boards, so started thread "Sick of I-140 denials !!! http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136329 " and posted my issues. Nobody answered/understood my issues for a while. Well, out of a blue moon, "unitednations" replied to my burning issues on 'Ability to Pay' by answering/educating me on this with patience.

Since then (July'2004), Not only I have been in constant touch with him, also, UN, by himself checking with me on my options on 'What's the strategy to encounter third denial on my case?'

I asked my lawyer same Q in Sept'04 what if my case denied again, attorney said in single liner response "We will deal when it's denied". which scared me that he had no idea what so ever.

Well, I resorted back to this thread in Oct'04 and asked UN. UN replied that we gotto see comapany finances since PD (10/2000) to check any potential. Please note that UN did volunteer finding a solution by checking comapny finances by educating me on GOLDEN THREE RULES for "ability to pay'.

It took me two months to get tax returns of Y00/01/02/03 from company. Reason: Employer is not willing to share company finances with employees for various reasons.

Once I got those tax reruns, then forwarded to UN for any potential to salvage my case. While I was least expecting any response from anyone after looking at company's wretched finances of
Y00 -> 60k
Y01 -> 12k
Y02 -> 23 k
Y03 -> 20k ,
thing is by looking at above company finances, previously, no CPA dare to say a word on matching up wih my 90k annual salary for LC.

Out of total surprise, UN called me and shed me light that there was 100% potential on 'Ability to pay' but only by amending taxes. Amending those taxes is not trivial thing because the numbers were too tight. Well, I could not comprehend (I'm a techy) how UN managed this tough task by his exceptional accounting skills/methodologies to solve the riddle. One thing is sure that he spent great deal of time and hardwork in researching these accounting issues in immigration standpoint and explaining the passive-employer.

After that, UN researched strategies by combinations of USCIS policies like Yates memo, AAO decisions and various accounting methodilogies to prove ability to pay on my case. Final documentation became so huge like ~90 pages. It's so tough to read and assimiliate the hundereds of AAO decisions based on immigration and economic rules even if you get paid to do that.

One thing, I noticed that UN is always optimistic and enthusiastic all along the way and worked with whole hearted commitment to encounter the denial on my cases from all perspectives.

Everyday, I remember his words when I said that I was not quite sure of this whole thing. Does it really work? UN said, "I'm 100% sure wholeheartedly you will get approval. This is rock solid case with my best accounting skills. I'll stand by you to fight with any RFE/denial till you get approval."

Then, recalling his words time to time, I forwarded final documentation to my lawyer. Now, new trouble came up. Lawyer didn't want to send doc to USCIS and said 'we can't send documentation here and there little, little. Mail room reject it', INS does not like you !!." ..... I'm speechless for a while.." Reason, 'ego' came into the picture by looking at UN's work. When I spoke to lawyer that however, later, lawyer undeniably said that he's amazed by the CPA's handsome documentation.
At this juncture, UN proactively assured and supported me to take the risk of pushing the attorney to file it on 02/24/2005.

After that, I've been checking the case status everyday couple of times.. but no LUDs.. So, I got skeptical whether it made to my pending file ..?..but UN is following up with me regularly and boosting my morale... that we can re-file 140 in other category as a backup proactively.

By waiting/checking and keeping fingers crossed we filed new 140/eb3 on 03/04/2005 as there was no LUD on my pending 140 and anticipating RFE.

Fianlly, after a quiet and traceless limbo of 12 days, yesterday evening I got magic emails that your case APPROVED. I was totally stunned with pleasant unbelievable shock. I could not believe that my 140 was APPROVED and 485 also after exactly 45 minutes. I confirmed it sevaral times by checking on-line case search..

WOW, Thank God.. it just happend .. UN's documentation made thru my file and CIS approved it..
Then I just prayed God for a while and first person I called to break the news was Guess Who? it's 'unitednations' and expressed my whole-hearted gratitude for his help by recalling his words ...I'll stand by you to fight till you get approval......"

In short, 'unitednations' is my Hero and Savior of my immigration life in US now on.... :)

With special thanks to 'unitednations' for his goodwill, hardwork and perseverance.

-lohithkc@yahoo.com

P.S.> To get my full story, search the forum with my id 'lohith'

i-140 got denied based on co's financial statement-Pl. reply asap.

Hello,
My I140 is denied based on company's financial statement. My co. doesn't have audited financial statement for the period (year 2001) for which they used approved labor for me. They filed their tax return through bank balance and not based on revenue to save the taxes. They are going to re-open the case, but I want to know if my case can go thorough or it is must to provide audited financial statement? I also want to know what would be my legal status now? I have EAD but will that be valid on denied I140? Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Thanks in advance.

Prash

Ability to pay issues

jayjinendra said:
Hello,
My I140 is denied based on company's financial statement. My co. doesn't have audited financial statement for the period (year 2001) for which they used approved labor for me. They filed their tax return through bank balance and not based on revenue to save the taxes. They are going to re-open the case, but I want to know if my case can go thorough or it is must to provide audited financial statement? I also want to know what would be my legal status now? I have EAD but will that be valid on denied I140? Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Thanks in advance.

Prash

There is a dedicated thread for 'Ability to Pay' issues run by 'unitednations'. He is not only resolving 140 related issues but also working hard with affected-members to get approvals.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=137088

As far as I know, your AP/EAD/485 will be denied soon once your underlying petition 140 was denied. you have max 180 days to stay with-out status under 245(k), you better not to get paid thru pay-roll till u get leagal status.

I-140 Denial based job requirements

Hi UNITEDNATIONS
I-140 is denied based on job requirements mentioned in column 15 and column 14 says BS plus 5 years experience.

RFE says:
"In order to establish that the job requires an advance degree, the ETA-750 must actually state that a Master's degree or Master's degree or equivalent is required in the education requirement in part 14. A bachelor’s degree plus 5 years experience is equivalent to a master's degree, but it is not true for the job requirements. Stating that the job requires a bachelor’s degree in the education requirement and 5 years in the experience requirement is not the same as requiring a master's degree.

Submit evidence that the job requires a professional holding an advanced degree or the equivalent or an alien of exceptional ability."

My attorney replied with supplemental stating that job requires BS + 5 years progressive experience.

On Aug second week 2005, case is denied stating following reason.
"The service has required that in order to establish that the job requires an advanced degree, the ETA-750 must actually state that a master's or higher is required in the education requirement in part 14. The ETA-750 in this filing only requires a B.S. or Equiv. Degree. Therefore, the position itself does not meet the criteria an advanced degree professional.

In view of the above, the petition is denied."

My attorney is saying to fight back. Please advise is it better to go appeal or EB3.

Does anyone have similar issue?

Thanks