• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

Yo Vladdy. I cannot call the embassy. The number is a premium line and both my mobile and work phone are not allowing me to make the call. My wife has the car so I cannot pop over home to give them a call. Asked people in the old country to call the embassy there. It is much more accessible that the one here.

I contacted London online but it usually takes couple of days to get a reply. Sorry Dude.

Last edited:
Yo Vladdy. I cannot call the embassy. The number is a premium line and both my mobile and work phone is not allowing me to make the call. My wife has the car so I cannot pop over home to give them a call. Asked people in the old country to call the embassy there. It is much more accessible that the one here.

I contacted London online but it usually takes couple of days to get a reply. Sorry Dude.
No probs franky, let's than wait in agony...
Hope simon is awake now ! I hope he can elabortate on this crapy story, or may be even better if he can do something about ! With sir percey superpowers :)

I think DV peeps should be OK. The interviews were scheduled between the embassies and KCC. I checked ESC website and my interview date is still there so embassies could use that to get DV interviews sorted. If not and we are going to get new dates then Euro is toasted. Flying all the way and he might face possibility of rescheduled interview?

Not god!!!

CEAC is working too so it is not Superbad I guess!

Franky;
On other hand in the kenyen thread some mates got the visa issued no problem, but they were told to wait for the print-out !
So may be our interviews won't be troubled, just that we will have to wait for the printing...
But that the passport will stay at the embassy, hope you got a spare one for your travellings ?!

I hope its the case and nothing to worry about genuinely.

I can wait even couple of months for the passports (both have UK passports) but it's been just too long now. I really don't want them to screw this up.

I made the travel arrangements, took the time off work, booked a hotel close to the embassy (at extortion level prices in that area of London :)) and I am mentally ready. My interview should happen in exactly 3 weeks and now this.......arghaagarah:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Franky;
On other hand in the kenyen thread some mates got the visa issued no problem, but they were told to wait for the print-out !
So may be our interviews won't be troubled, just that we will have to wait for the printing...
But that the passport will stay at the embassy, hope you got a spare one for your travellings ?!

I hope its the case and nothing to worry about genuinely.

I can wait even couple of months for the passports (both have UK passports) but it's been just too long now. I really don't want them to screw this up.

I made the travel arrangements, took the time off work, booked a hotel close to the embassy (at extortion level prices in that area of London :)) and I am mentally ready. My interview should happen in exactly 3 weeks and now this.......arghaagarah:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Do you think I should wake simon up?
Or rather not stress him out with a bad news right away ?!

I can't focus on anything anymore today, that wanst the news I expected when I woke up today.......grrRrrrrtrtr

One of the forum users in Warsaw called the embassy and was told that it's embassy specific. If there is no info on the embassy website then it should be OK. She was told that interviews in WRW are processed as scheduled.

One of the forum users in Warsaw called the embassy and was told that it's embassy specific. If there is no info on the embassy website then it should be OK. She was told that interviews in WRW are processed as scheduled.
Awww warsaw my favorite embassy :)
I'm glad to hear this feed back !
May be that guy on the FB is a charlaton? !
I'm sure simon will figure out if its an oficial page or not :D

Awww warsaw my favorite embassy :)
I'm glad to hear this feed back !
May be that guy on the FB is a charlaton? !
I'm sure simon will figure out if its an oficial page or not :D

The same message you can find on US embassy in Mexico so let's hope not every post will be affected.

The same message you can find on US embassy in Mexico so let's hope not every post will be affected.
Franky,

Our keneyan mate Nicy just got his visa granted few hours ago, and he was told to pick up his visa after 4 weeks, while the green paper says a week, therefore they won't be delaying the interview appointements, only the print-outs are affected :):):)

What a relief

his will impact visa applicants who already had an interview scheduled. Those interviews will have to be rescheduled. If you had an interview scheduled, the embassy or consulate where you applied will give you instructions for rescheduling.
This the answer a guy got :(
Wtf do you think the FB is an official one ?

No it won't. It just means they can't issue anything. Doesn't mean they can't interview.

U.S. Department of State: Consular Affairs
The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our passport/visa system.

This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category.

We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or visa at this time.

We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect our system to be fully operational again soon.

Did this ever happened in previous year ???

Yes we have seen several people experiencing tat (DV and non DV). It is not a big deal at all, it doesn't stop them issuing visas, just the physical visa stamp.

Yes we have seen several people experiencing tat (DV and non DV). It is not a big deal at all, it doesn't stop them issuing visas, just the physical visa stamp.
I told you guys. Don't worry now. Will be no more surprises for us. Is almost done. Keep calm.

Did they say that the reason for that was the system error??? If it's 4 weeks then Euro is cooked :(

It is just a printing problem. Relax! It isn't slowing anything down. It will only be a problem if someone needed to travel immediately after the interview....

Euro is flying over from the US with his family I believe and assumed that his passport will be delivered within a week or so.

If it's 3-4 weeks then he might be in trouble.

It is just a printing problem. Relax! It isn't slowing anything down. It will only be a problem if someone needed to travel immediately after the interview....

U.S. Department of State: Consular Affairs
17 hours ago · Edited
The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our passport/visa system.

This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category.

We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or visa at this time.

We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect our system to be fully operational again soon.

Simon has spoken :)
I'm glad you woke up simon! I couldn't cope today :D