• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Second Letter from KCC and also from Embassy

herrmeister0159

Registered Users (C)
I just received the second letter from Embassy yesterday but also got the letter from KCC last month. They sent me packet 4 including DS-230 part II which indicate that I have to complete again and submit with the letter at the time of the interview.
Do I have to complete it again? Does anyone experience this?

You should to take a copy of the ds-230 original that you completed the first time and change the date.

Can you please post what's the gap between your interview and the date you received 2nd package.
I am still waiting for the 2nd NL for a long time. My number is AS132XX

My interview has been scheduled on beginning of January. My second letter was recieved from KCC on November 26 (normal second letter with details of applicant name and embassy location in my country and list of documents) and another second letter from US embassy was received also on December 11 (packet 4 with details of applicant name lists, appointment date, medical form, how to get police certificate and DS-230 part 2)
Well, I'm not sure I have to complete DS-230 part 2 again. I never heard someone had to complete it again.

Got my second letter yesterday from KCC scheduling interview for 3rd week of Feb. Do I get any letter from US Embassy also ? When do I expect ? I don't have enough money in my account just (£10,000) for a family of 4. I ask a affidevit support from a friend of mine from US, but he said this is not required anymore because of lots of fraud arrised earlier days about a form I-134. He also insist that just a letter of sponsers will be enough ! Is that right ? any idea ? please help.

I ask a affidevit support from a friend of mine from US, but he said this is not required anymore because of lots of fraud arrised earlier days about a form I-134. He also insist that just a letter of sponsers will be enough ! Is that right ? any idea ? please help.

Sounds more like he's gotten doubtful about filling out an official document. Happens a lot, unfortunately. A letter alone and no other form of support, such as money or a job offer, will not do. Talk to your friend about it and point out that he can never be held responsible for not taking care of you. It might be good to reassure him of that.

Got my second letter yesterday from KCC scheduling interview for 3rd week of Feb. Do I get any letter from US Embassy also ? When do I expect ? I don't have enough money in my account just (£10,000) for a family of 4. I ask a affidevit support from a friend of mine from US, but he said this is not required anymore because of lots of fraud arrised earlier days about a form I-134. He also insist that just a letter of sponsers will be enough ! Is that right ? any idea ? please help.

You will be diffinitely asked for I-134. You should find it now otherwise you should have to come back to US embassy later.

The poverty line for a houseold of 4 is about $21,000, so 10,000 GBP could not be enough. But nobody know, all depends on the consular officer.

it is actually $22,200 but you have to meet 125% of this so it is fact $26,500

Is this just money in the bank?
Or can they take into account ownership of a house/apartment asset or ownership of a car (with no loan payments outstanding)?

Ill be hoping about €15,000 in my bank, €4,000 in wifes bank account, €9,000 in joint account, full ownership of a car worth €10,000 and mortgage on an apartment we both will be enough.
Wont have job offer and think the I-134 is too invasive of personal details to ask any relatives in the states to complete for sponsorship.

Last edited by a moderator:
They do, e.g. a Condo or something like that, but not a car. I know someone who tried it at Frankfurt embassy and they declined to accept it.

Ok thanks. I should be ok then i hope.
Wish they'd hurry up and release todays (this weeks) bulletin. Hoping im in the next round

Hello everyone !

As I mentioned earlier, I have £10,000 balance on my account. If I deposite more £7000 now to make in about $26500.00 to meet poverty guideline for a houseold of 4, would it be accepted ? Do I have to show source of fund extra £7000 ? I have a property (house) which I am submitting my mortagage balance document and valuation documents too. DOES IT MATTER WHERE THE MONEY COME FROM ?

By the way I am going to attend interview on 3rd week of Feb.

As Smcg says, I-134 is too much of someone's personal details to ask to complete for sponsorship.

I wouldn't put in a big lump sum.
Or actually why not. Just say you sold your car and was from that.
Remember though you will need that plus the interview $775.
if you can add a bit more

But your property will stand a lot to you too

If I'm right -the following website states that for I-134, we should use 100% of the poverty line. 125% is for family based immigrants.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...82.html#income

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

Nope.
Its stated .....
"When processing immigrant visa cases subject to the Affidavit of Support (I-864) requirement under INA 212(a)(4)(C), posts must use the figures in the column on the right (125% of poverty guidelines) as the minimum income that a petitioner and/or a joint sponsor must demonstrate, or the column on the left (100%) for an active member of the U.S. Armed Forces sponsoring his orher spouse or children."