San Jose Tracker - Through USC marriage

Fanner, you dropped off your I-485 packet at San Jose CIS, right?
Now I'm very worried...But the person at the window in the CIS told me to wait for 3 months...I don't know what to do...
Are there anyone who are waiting for the receipt from CIS???

We dropped package on Oct 18 and checks were cashed yesterday. iiuc time to cash checks is about 7 weeks(gc_proc and my cases).

Fanner, you are lucky to get it cashed under 3 weeks :)

Now waiting for ead and ap...

justmarried said:
Hi everyone!

I dropped off my I-485 package at San Jose CIS office on Oct.16th, 2004, but I haven't heard anything from them and my checks are not cashed yet..
From this site, i learned that the checks whose package submitted on Oct.1st was cached on Nov.22. Are there more recent information bout this time line??
Thanks in advance:)

Last edited by a moderator:
package dropped: Oct 1st.
Checks Cashed: Nov 22
Nov 26th: Recieved a letter with A # xx xxx xxx and receipt with information of AP / EAD approved and infopass information for pick up, and the letter also says following "Your application for adjustment of status has been received. Please retain your receipt(s) as proof of filing your application. The normal processing time for permanent residency is approximately 6-8 months. you will be notified when further action is taken in your case"
Dec 14th: Pick up date set on Infopass..

Things are moving....

justmarried said:
Now I'm very worried...But the person at the window in the CIS told me to wait for 3 months...I don't know what to do...
Are there anyone who are waiting for the receipt from CIS???

In my case and rera's case our checks got cashed in 7 weeks. Your checks should have cashed it by now. It's a thing of concern, but don't panic. maybe they are taking little more time in your case .. 8 weeks!!!. You anyways can go to them after 12 weeks and ask the status. Don't worry, things will happen for good.

gc,
these are good news, did you receive already scheduled infopass or had to schedule it yourself? i wonder if i can schedule it in advance :)

gc, rera, thank you for your valuable information...
So now I know, the packets are not processed in order of the submittion obviously...Maybe CIS people are processing packets from the top of the pile, and mine is at the bottom....This situation makes me imagine so many things....
I'll try not to be panic and wait for 4 more weeks..

It's kind of embarrassing. but my packet was returned back to me today. (no wonder it hasn't been processed yet..)
The reason was missing document of family register issued in my country..
I didn't include it because I included my birth certificate issued in the consulate of my country which said this certificate is based on a certified copy of the official Family Register....
Anyway I should have included more than less...
Hope this info can help other people in the future...
Hope I dont have any more mistakes on my packet......wasting of two months of processing means a lot to me....

rera said:
gc,
these are good news, did you receive already scheduled infopass or had to schedule it yourself? i wonder if i can schedule it in advance :)

I scheduled it myself. Actually rera it's not a bad idea, you may immediately schedule an infopass appointment and you should be expecting the letter in a day or two. You can always cancel the infopass appointment if the letter doesn't reach you by that time.

Received Interview Letter

Those who are interested, I finally received the interview letter. The interview is on January 13th. The same day I had a ticket to travel outside USA with Advance Paroll. Hopefully, I will have a stamp to travel, no need for advance paroll paper.

I dropped my package in San Jose Box on June 14th, 2004.

- Romit

Congrats romit. You are the one who started this thread and the thread continued to serve some valuable information. Now since you have an interview kindly let us know how it goes and what kind of questions were asked and general experiences of to do and not to do things.

Thanks.

Congratulations and good luck, Romit! :)

My application was sent even before yours (early June), so I guess the interview letter is coming to me sooooooooooon... :D

Please share your interview experience later.

romit said:
Those who are interested, I finally received the interview letter. The interview is on January 13th. The same day I had a ticket to travel outside USA with Advance Paroll. Hopefully, I will have a stamp to travel, no need for advance paroll paper.

I dropped my package in San Jose Box on June 14th, 2004.

- Romit

Congratulations Romit

Congratulations romit. Let us know how the interview goes.

lucky mine was file May 6, 2004. I haven't received interview either.

I'll update if receive mine.

Baig

This is interesting. I received the letter before atbaig and luckyyy although they submitted the packages before me. I am sure it is coming for you soon.

now I am in the process to collect all info and papers ready for the interview.

I think Date for dropping package doesn't make any sense. Waiting for the Interview makes sense by the date you received the receipt with A #. I dropped my package on 1st oct, but received my receipt only on Nov 26th. So, I think my interview should be around June 26th 05 :) , long time to go. Those of you who are not feeling good about why they didn't get Interview letter before Romit, check your receipt dates.

Dont lose heart guys

I think people who have been married more than 2 years before they applied for AOS are stacked in a different line as they would get GC for 10 years straight if approved. For others, I mean who are married for less than 2 years they are stacked up in another line so it may take more time for them to get the interview letter. Don't lose heart it will be here before you guys know. The above explanation that i just gave is simply based on my general analysis of how BCIS works so it may be wrong.

I have been following this thread for a long time.

Congrats to romit...

Akshat

I am trying to locate my receipt number so I can make an InfoPass appt, but can't seem to find the right one. All I can find is the Alien Registration number. Thats no good for making an InfoPass appt. Anyone, how do I find the 13-character receipt number (thats required for the InfoPass appt).

Thanks !