San Jose Tracker - Through USC marriage

blues_traveler said:
Same here. The approval letter is supposed to come in the mail.

The thing that scared me was when the officer said that it would take atmost until September to recieve the FBI approval. But if nothing happens by then, they shall resubmit the paperwork to the FBI in Sept. So it could as well mean many years of waiting.

blues: have you received anything yet? are u doing anything about it? please let me know. I have not received anything yet.

Welcome Back !

Romit:

Welcome back dude ...How was your trip abroad? ...Name check mess is new for eveybody here and nobody knows how it will resolve if ever....I have read some article that FBI name check list is like a million strong and backlogged...so it could take a year or more ...its like an open ended process with no end in sight. You have to be lucky like "luckyyy" to not get caught in name check mess... But once you are there ....all you can do is wait....another way could be to get in touch with your local congressman and write to him enquiring about the status. I suggested blues the same thing earlier on ...I dont know what he is doing these days...

It will end ...but when....nobody can forsee..

Akshat.

akshat11 said:
Romit:

Welcome back dude ...How was your trip abroad? ...Name check mess is new for eveybody here and nobody knows how it will resolve if ever....I have read some article that FBI name check list is like a million strong and backlogged...so it could take a year or more ...its like an open ended process with no end in sight. You have to be lucky like "luckyyy" to not get caught in name check mess... But once you are there ....all you can do is wait....another way could be to get in touch with your local congressman and write to him enquiring about the status. I suggested blues the same thing earlier on ...I dont know what he is doing these days...

It will end ...but when....nobody can forsee..

Akshat.

Thanks Akshat. The trip was nice. Thank you for all the suggestions. I would wait for sometime to see if anythings shows up.

Romit

pls update us !

Bluesky123:

Please update us as to what happened to your AOS interview on 02/24. I hope you got your passport stamped.

Akshat

Did u make an appoinment !!

at_baig:

Any News man ...Did you make another appointment with BCIS via Infopass?

Akshat

Akshat,
I haven't made an appointment yet. I will let you the status.
I am hoping I get my employment based 485 approved soon, so I don't have to go to san jose office.

Baig

how long to cas chqs for AOS?

Hi,
My wife got her i-130 approval and we dropped off her AOS forms on Feb 18th, however the checks for i-485 / i765 have not been cashed yet. I noticed that most folks had their checks cleared within a couple of weeks. Any pointers to whom I can contact to ensure they got the packet?
Thanks

My spouse's Green Card timeline:
06/30/2003 - Mailed I-130
07/xx/2003 - Priority date
06/23/2004 - I got my US Citizenship
Took some time and trial and errors trying to figure out how to update from spouse of PR to spouse of Immediate Relative (of US Citizen)
08/20/2004 - Sent letter to CSC to update petition
10/22/2004 - Resent letter to CSC to update petition
01/05/2005 - Got i-797C approval notice
02/18/2005 - Filed I-485 and i-765 (not applying for parole visa)

Application Sent: 02/10
Checks Cashed:02/25
Still waiting...

How long at an average do one has to wait to get the EAD letter? I have a job waiting ........to join...!!

Hi guys,
Here is my time line after I got married with US citizen:
06/06/2004 drop AOS package at San Jose CIS office.
06/24/2004 check cashed.
07/14/2004 EAD approved and pick up.
07/24/2004 finger print.
02/02/2005 on site interview. Informed of I485 pending because of FBI name check.
Now I need to renew my EAD card and I called the center customer service about where I should file my EAD renewal application. The interesting thing is that one told me I should only file it in after 04/01/2005 and I need to mail the application to Chicago,IL, otherwise I will be rejected. So I called another time, the officer told me I only need to file the application in San Jose local office.
Do you guys have similar experience? Normally when will you file EAD renewal and where since 01/01/2005?
Thanks,
Arterial

arterial said:
Do you guys have similar experience? Normally when will you file EAD renewal and where since 01/01/2005?
Thanks,
Arterial

It's simple, do it online, you can fill the form online and pay online. With receipt in hand take the appointment for identification approval at extension center on zanker road / San jose. The form goes to NBC and the process is pretty fast.

SSJB - any updates - did you get any letter for the EAD?
My checks were cashed and I am also in waiting mode till the EAD... thx

2/18/05 - App sent (i485+i765)
3/10/05 - checks cashed

Re:

I finally recieved my EAD but again no fingerprinting letter. I recieved my EAD letter on 12th.
So still waiting .....

got interview letter

I got my interview letter yesterday for 4/28/2005, this is in a little less than 3 weeks and out of schedule since San Jose processing time for I-485 shows September 7th :eek: I expected interview to be in late may, june and now have to rush collecting all the papers. Are there any special tips/documents for San Jose center?
Also I already sent medical exam with my I-485 according 485 instructions but interview letter says i need to bring medical package. Do i need to do medical tests again or just bring xerox copy of original medical form???

GC_PROC, we filed about the same time, did you get your interview letter?

our history so far is :
10/18/2004 I-485 package dropped into san jose uscis box
12/08/2004 checks cleared
12/17/2004 picked up ead
12/21/2004 fingerprinting
04/09/2005 interview letter for 04/28/2005

hello rera

please post, which non-immigrant visa you on here in usa and please type your letter in details here, like list of docs needed. i mean in details as i filed on 10th dec,(cheque cashed).

please also dont forgot to post your experience of interview, which can really help me...thanks

Bally

I have not been active in this forum for a while. I just wanted to let all know that My employment based I-485 has been approved.

I filed for Family based 485 in San Jose on May 6, 2004. Got EAD and got finger printed but I never received the interview letter

My company filed for employment based 485 on Sept 16, 2004.
It was approved on April 7, 2005.

Baig

Baig, congradulations! you're lucky to had both AOS processes running :)

Bally,
I was on H1B, what letter are you talking about? I'll post more information after interview.

Yes Rera,

I also got my Interview letter dated 03-29, my interview in tomorrow 12th April. The processing time information is not accurate on the sites. I was also expecting my interview to be around september and i got it 3 months ahead of that, I am almost done with my paper work and it was about time. Amazing .. Here are my dates:

Package dropped: 10/01/04
checks cashed: 11/22/04
Picked up AP: 14/12/04
Finger printing : 12/21/04
Interview letter received: 03/31/05.
Interview on : 04/12/05.

rera said:
I got my interview letter yesterday for 4/28/2005, this is in a little less than 3 weeks and out of schedule since San Jose processing time for I-485 shows September 7th :eek: I expected interview to be in late may, june and now have to rush collecting all the papers. Are there any special tips/documents for San Jose center?
Also I already sent medical exam with my I-485 according 485 instructions but interview letter says i need to bring medical package. Do i need to do medical tests again or just bring xerox copy of original medical form???

GC_PROC, we filed about the same time, did you get your interview letter?

our history so far is :
10/18/2004 I-485 package dropped into san jose uscis box
12/08/2004 checks cleared
12/17/2004 picked up ead
12/21/2004 fingerprinting
04/09/2005 interview letter for 04/28/2005