San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Thanks folks for the details.
Here are mine.

Application Sent on: 06/03/05
FP: 7/20/05

rest will follow.

We had our fingerprinting taken today at 122 Charcot Ave, San Jose, CA. If you are going to this service center for taking your finger prints, not that yahoo map slightly misguide you.

Following are directions from Yahoo from Cupertino,

Take 280 south, Take 880 North, Take Brokaw Rd exit, Take Left of E Brokae Rd., Take Right on Zanker Road, Take Right on Charcot Ave.

Everything is fine except last step, i..e Take Right on Charcot Ave. Instead of Right, take left on Charcot Ave, after few feet take left on first street and immediate right in the parking lot. Firgure print service center is located at other end of the parking lot after entering.

I hope this will help to everyone who is going to above service center for fingure printing.

Dilip Jaju

How long between Interview and Oath

Hi All

I just completed my oath in San Jose. ( July 12th). Just wondering how long it takes to get to the oath stage. Understand that there is a oath scheduled on Aug 23rd and am wondering if oath is scheduled at such a short notice after Interview ?

jboddu said:
Hi All

I just completed my oath in San Jose. ( July 12th). Just wondering how long it takes to get to the oath stage. Understand that there is a oath scheduled on Aug 23rd and am wondering if oath is scheduled at such a short notice after Interview ?

You mean you just completed your interview in San Jose. Can you post your timeline? Also can you post your interview experience. How about history and civics questions? Were they all from standard 100 questions? I think that you will get Oath letter in a week or two for Aug 23rd. For some DO, oath is on the same day as interview.

FP notice received

Applied: 6/28
Received: 6/30
Priority date: 7/1
Check cashed: 7/12
FP notice: 7/19
FP date: 8/9

(Ditto for wife)

-Raju

dilipjaju said:
You mean you just completed your interview in San Jose. Can you post your timeline? Also can you post your interview experience. How about history and civics questions? Were they all from standard 100 questions? I think that you will get Oath letter in a week or two for Aug 23rd. For some DO, oath is on the same day as interview.

The interview was very simple. Took about 6-7 minutes. The immigration officer basically went through the N400 application. One questions per page on an average. Nothing special. My wife's took maybe 10 minutes.

I went there really prepared. Took lots of paperwork like 5+ yrs of tax returns, all travel/visa paperwork, etc but you don't need them. They pretty much went by the book in my case. Do remember to take what is required though :) The person sitting next to me forgot his passport! Green card, driver's license, passport were checked.

Regarding the questions, asked both of us from the standard list.

Dates:
Priority date: 3/1
Interview: 7/12

jboddu said:
The interview was very simple. Took about 6-7 minutes. The immigration officer basically went through the N400 application. One questions per page on an average. Nothing special. My wife's took maybe 10 minutes.

I went there really prepared. Took lots of paperwork like 5+ yrs of tax returns, all travel/visa paperwork, etc but you don't need them. They pretty much went by the book in my case. Do remember to take what is required though :) The person sitting next to me forgot his passport! Green card, driver's license, passport were checked.

Regarding the questions, asked both of us from the standard list.

Dates:
Priority date: 3/1
Interview: 7/12

Thanks for an update. Please also update us when you receive your Oath letter. Good Luck to you.

Dilip

Early fingerprint...

I am scheduled for FP on 8/9. However, I have a potential business trip that would conflict with it. So I was thinking of doing FP earlier.

Does anyone have experience in doing FP earlier than schduled at San Jose INS application support center? Do I need to call them or just show up.

Thanks.

-Raju

Fingerprinting done...

Went for earlier FP today due to a conflicting business trip. They accepted without much fuss.

FP scheduled date: 8/9
FP actual date: 7/26

(Ditto for wife)

Thanks DilipJaju for corrected direction.

-Raju

raju_lad said:
Went for earlier FP today due to a conflicting business trip. They accepted without much fuss.

FP scheduled date: 8/9
FP actual date: 7/26

(Ditto for wife)

Thanks DilipJaju for corrected direction.

-Raju

You are welcome. Good Luck.

dilipjaju said:
Thanks for an update. Please also update us when you receive your Oath letter. Good Luck to you.

Dilip

Got my interview appt in mail yesterday. Scheduled for Aug 24th.

jboddu said:
Got my interview appt in mail yesterday. Scheduled for Aug 24th.

You mean got your Oath Letter? In your previous post, I think you are already done with your interview. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks, Dilip Jaju

Fingerprint Notice Rec'd

Been following this thread. here is my info:

N400 Applied: 6/27
Received by CSC: 6/28
Checks Cashed: 7/1
Notice Date: 7/8

Priority Date: 6/28

Fingerprint Notice Date: 7/15
Fingerprint Appointment Date: 8/2 @ INS Oakland, 10 am

Updated time line FYI:

N-400, San jose, PD:3feb05,FP:11mar05,intvw:22jun05, oath:7/13 @ campbell.
passport applied to SFO -self (expedited mailg):7/16. Ppt received: 7/25.
passport applied to SFO -child (expedited mailg):7/16. Ppt received: 7/28.

Yes, all interview Qs are from those 100. Written Qs. Good luck.

My dates San Jose

Hello,

Here are my dates:
Mailed July 19, 2005
Recd. July 20
Priority Date: July 20
Check Cashed: July 25
Notice Date: July 27
Notice Received: July 30
Awaiting Finger Printing

Thanks,
Kane

Did you file N-400 from Laguna Niguel ?

Hi

Please could you let me know , if you filed your N-400 to Laguna Niguel ?
Because , my colleague filed it a mth ago...and has not yet received his priority date letter.. His application has been received and check encashed...but no further correspondence..

Thanks
anjalimf

my timeline in Los Angeles

Hello Kane
this is my time line from los angeles ....i wish the luck for all of us :)

Anjalimf,
When asking a question, kindly share your timeline as well.. for everyone's benefit.
It is to Laguna Niguel.

MrLA thanks very much for sharing your details...!

Last edited by a moderator:
wait

Hello Kane,
It's my pleasure to share my timeline, we all apply to Laguna Niguel, but it's up to local office, and how many staff they have...i have feelings you will get your fingerprint letter this weekend or by next week, :) ...the best to all of us