San Antonio TX - N-400 Timeline

T-1!!!!! Oath ceremony tomorrow! Plans are already in place for a nice dinner and a little celebration. Can't wait! :p

D-day!!! Off to San Antonio in a couple of hours...will post the oath ceremony experience here tonight.

Good luck to my fellow San Antonio DO applicants and congrats to those who have the oath ceremenoy today.

Oath in San Antonio

Finally, the Oath day has arrived. I decided to work from home in the morning and head to San Antonio around 9:45-10:00 since the Oath letter requested my presence at the Laurie auditorium at 11:45 for the 2 PM ceremony. A bit early but, hey, worth it.

Due to a lack of traffic down on I-35, my wife and I got there at 11 AM. So, entire 45 minutes earlier and 3 hours before the ceremony. Even though it was quite early, parking lots were almost full and people were heading to the auditorium to register.

The registration process was quite simple - they needed to see the Oath invite, the GC had to be submitted and the questions on the back of the Oath invite were supposed to be answered. I was quite surprised to see how many people did not fill that out before going to the registration and how many people did not wear the recommended attire for the ceremony. In addition, I was quite shocked how many people actually did not speak a lick of English even though they did not look that old not to have the language requirement.

The ceremony was very nicely done - at around 1 PM the voter registration folks and the USPS passport folks were handing out the forms as well as the bill of rights and the words to the Pledge of Allegiance. We also received American flag pins which I thought was a nice touch.

The 5,000 seat auditorium was nicely filled out with the lower level dedicated to the applicants while the upper levels were filled with the family and guests. Out of 750 applicants, 733 showed up for the ceremony (one has to wonder why the remaining 17 did not show up) and were sworn in by the Judge (do not remember his name). There were people from 70-something countries (Mexico and India were the most represented ones), however, there were quite a few exotics as well such as my country and quite a few small other ones.

We had a U.S. Army Medical Brigade (Division, do not remember) band playing quite a few pieces and I thought it was also a nice touch to have the military present there and honoring and welcoming the new citizens. San Antonio Distrcit President, Mr. Mario Ortiz, gave a very nice and appropriate speech and we were done.

The Naturalization certificates were handed out quite quickly and we were ready to head out and celebrate. There was an opportunity to take a photo with Mr. Ortiz and the Judge but the line was soooo long that I gave up on that since we needed to get back to Austin for dinner plans with friends and family. Will be applying for the passport on Monday AM.

I would like to thank everyone on this board and the board moderators for very helpful and useful information and comments.

To you who became the citizens of this Great and Proud Nation, congratulations, and to you who are on your way there, good luck!

Congratulations!

CroATM,

Congratulations! Please do visit this site now and then. We will miss your supportive posts.

Case Update in San Antonio,TX

Priority date:May 2006
FP date : June 2006.

So finally I made a Infopass appointment to enquire the status of my case. I was told that my FBI Name Check and Background security check cleared last week. On 12/19/2006, they released by application to schedule an interview. I was told to expect the letter in the next couple of weeks.

aramamo said:
great post, CROATM. congratulations!

How long was the ceremony?

ctzn - thank you...will do.

aramamo - i think it was winding down by about 2:45 and they started handing out the certificates of naturalization.

I applied for the passport this morning...expedited...will keep you posted on that.

awaiting oath letter

Hello,

Is there anyone on this forum who has completed his interview and is waiting for the oath letter notification from the san antonio office? If so, pl share your update. I finished my interview on Jan 22nd and is currently in the wait mode...

aramamo

aramamo said:
Hello,

Is there anyone on this forum who has completed his interview and is waiting for the oath letter notification from the san antonio office? If so, pl share your update. I finished my interview on Jan 22nd and is currently in the wait mode...

aramamo
aramamo, my interview was on Oct 23 and Oath on Jan 26...that means there could be a 3 month wait period to get to the Oath.

stay patient...the letter in the mail box will appear when you expect the least. ;)

aramamo said:
Hello,

aramamo

Had my interview on Jan 10th and Today got Oath letter to be held on Feb 22nd in San Antonio

cow_boy said:
Had my interview on Jan 10th and Today got Oath letter to be held on Feb 22nd in San Antonio
Wow, that is quick...I had to wait almost 3 months for my oath. Congrats.

Is it at Laurie Auditorium or at the Institute for Texan Studies?

CroATM said:
Wow, that is quick...I had to wait almost 3 months for my oath. Congrats.

Is it at Laurie Auditorium or at the Institute for Texan Studies?
Institute for Texan Culture

cow_boy said:
Institute for Texan Culture
looks like they alternate the sites....Laurie had about 750 applicants for the oath, not sure how big the Institute for Texan Culture.

cow_boy,

can you pl post your application timeline?

CroATM,
how long does it take for expedited passport? My wife's passport is expiring in april and i am hoping we get out american passport by then.

Anyone else expecting or have received oath letter in the last few days?

aramamo said:
cow_boy,

can you pl post your application timeline?

CroATM,
how long does it take for expedited passport? My wife's passport is expiring in april and i am hoping we get out american passport by then.

Anyone else expecting or have received oath letter in the last few days?
i applied on Monday, January 29th and it came on wednesday, february 7th..i have not received it yet as braniacs from the post office keep coming to my house at 11 AM when I am at work.

Oath Letter.

I had my interview yesterday Feb 12th 2007. I was told my oath would not be until sometime in May.2007

rganesh72 said:
I had my interview yesterday Feb 12th 2007. I was told my oath would not be until sometime in May.2007

Did they say why? I was told there is one coming up in march in san antonio and the one in may will be most likely in austin...

They also told me in October there was an oath ceremony coming up in November but I for sure was not a part of that one (finally I got the late January oath ceremony).

The problem is that San Antonio covers too large of an area with many applicants and they cannot get everyone into the next ceremony. Once they start doing them in Austin, it should be quicker.