San Antonio TX - N-400 Timeline

Why didn't you go over to re-do the FP if you had such experience in the past? I am afraid you are delaying your own process by ignoring the request. Even if the FP letters were sent in error (duplicates), I would still go and re-do them or at least have taken the InfoPass appt than just ignoring it.

If you choose to ignore, you may be waiting for you interview letters for a very long time.

Thanks for your suggestions folks. I live in Austin and the ASC is about 80 miles from where I am. That is the reason I haven't been there again. Based on your recommendations, let me go there again or try InfoPass.

Thanks again. I will give an update later.

ctzn, I am in Austin as well and I know how big of a pain it can be to go down there - I have had infopasses that lasted 3 minutes and involved 160 miles of driving and couple of hours of waiting.

On the other hand - look what's at stake - your future...160 miles and a day lost seems like a small price to pay (at least to me).

Just my 2 cents.

I have an InfoPass appointment for the 19th. I have requested to meet with an immigration officer.

Breez,

How do you call the FBI?

Thanks.

guys, after being here for a couple of months, i do not see a value in calling the FBI...seems like everyone who called them got an answer "fingerprints received and checked and sent back same day"...not sure whether that provides any value.

fully agree with CroATM on FBI calls.

BTW folks, My interview is on the 22nd (mon). Unfortunately, my wife's interview has not been scheduled yet even though we applied together and our receipt numbers are very very close....wish me luck! will let you guys know how it went.

aramamo

Aramamo, good luck with your interview!

Exactly one week before the Oath!!!!! YAAAAAY! Can't wait!! My wife already bought me a big American flag to hang outside the house due to this event. :D

Time to take the passport photos, prepare the application and the fees so I can submit it all right away after the ceremony.

Update

Guys, Bummer :(

I just returned from the Infopass apointment. While the second fingerprint notice they sent me was indeed a duplicate (error), my fingerprints were returned by FBI as "unclassifiable". They are going to send me another fingerprint notice. They said they were adding me to the queue for fingerprint notices to be sent. They have advised me to use moisturizing lotion for my fingers from now until the fingerprints are retaken. I really hope that works.

Thanks folks.

sorry to hear that and good luck. at least you know where you are and not stuck in the name-check process. better get some NIVEA right away. ;)

CroATM said:
sorry to hear that and good luck. at least you know where you are and not stuck in the name-check process. better get some NIVEA right away. ;)
"sorry to hear that and good luck. at least you know where you are and not stuck in the name-check process. "

How bad that can be (I mean name checking process)?

Anyone has PD in late Sept. or early Oct.? Mine was Oct 2 (FP done Oct 20). Today used infopass to check status and he told me still 'security check'.

Another question is while my case is pending, if I travel internationally frequently for work, which might result in more than 183 days out of country, will that void my application?

you do not want to violate the physical presence requirement. i travel internationally for work but i have never come to be absent from the states for more than 6 months....that is not travelling, that is living abroad. ;)

Here is the FBI phone number if you want to call for your FP result:
1-800-375-5283. Good luck.

interview

Folks,

just got back from my interview. My application was approved. The officer was a nice guy who went ahead and interviewed my wife even though her case was not scheduled yet...the process took less than 30 min. routine questions and then the civics test. Learnt that austin folks are encountering delay in oath because LBJ library in austin is undergoing renovation and hence the austin folks have been invited to get their oath done in san antonio. We were told that the next oath will be on march 22nd in san antonio and the austin site will reopen in may..so now waiting for hopefully the last phase of this process...the oath letter!!!

good luck to the guys who have oath ceremony this friday..

aramamo

Hi CroATM,

Just a question??? What would happen if I move out of State( Boise Idaho to be specific)? Do you think they will cancelled my application and redo it in Boise? I don't have the letter for interview as well I'm getting a lil nervous. My husband get a pretty good job offer in Boise. Kinda wrong timing but what can I do? Any advice from you my friend? Thanks for any input.

DrMcCormac said:
Hi CroATM,

Just a question??? What would happen if I move out of State( Boise Idaho to be specific)? Do you think they will cancelled my application and redo it in Boise? I don't have the letter for interview as well I'm getting a lil nervous. My husband get a pretty good job offer in Boise. Kinda wrong timing but what can I do? Any advice from you my friend? Thanks for any input.

Hi DrMcCormac...they will not cancel the application - my understanding is that they would move the application to the new District Office and then they would be working on it from there.

It could possibly delay the application, but I do not think they would cancel it.

aramamo said:
Folks,

just got back from my interview. My application was approved. The officer was a nice guy who went ahead and interviewed my wife even though her case was not scheduled yet...the process took less than 30 min. routine questions and then the civics test. Learnt that austin folks are encountering delay in oath because LBJ library in austin is undergoing renovation and hence the austin folks have been invited to get their oath done in san antonio. We were told that the next oath will be on march 22nd in san antonio and the austin site will reopen in may..so now waiting for hopefully the last phase of this process...the oath letter!!!

good luck to the guys who have oath ceremony this friday..

aramamo

that is why i had to wait 3.5 months for my oath. :mad: :mad: :mad:

i was hoping to set a nice record with the processing but the oath wait totally derailed me. still, very happy that the completion is near. :p

CroATM said:
that is why i had to wait 3.5 months for my oath. :mad: :mad: :mad:

i was hoping to set a nice record with the processing but the oath wait totally derailed me. still, very happy that the completion is near. :p

All's well that ends well. congratulations. Do post about the how the ceremony went. Also, if possible, could you pl enquire about the next oath ceremony in san antonio?

aramamo

Thanks CroATM I appreciate it. Although I hate to have delays with my paperworks :(

Ara - Congrats with your interview. Good luck with your Oath Taking.

To bad I have my PD Oct. 25 and I have to do my fingreprints twice I'm hoping to have my interview soon. My husband have to leave me here in San Antonio until I'm done with this whole citizenship thing. Then just follow him in Idaho :( I have an infopass for Friday regarding my interview date ( I hope I could get an answer). Please include me in your prayers and I will do the same.

Gud Luck to you all!

aramamo said:
All's well that ends well. congratulations. Do post about the how the ceremony went. Also, if possible, could you pl enquire about the next oath ceremony in san antonio?

aramamo

I will ask - however, I think they are once a month on regular basis.