Sample Recommendation Letters?

doitrite

Registered Users (C)
Could anyone let me know of the web sites with sample recommendation letters for NIW/OR/EA? Or if you have some, I'd appreciate if you could share them with me. Thank you.

do it rite

There are some self-help kits available for NIW petition, as you probably are aware of. If you have money, you should use a lawyer for NIW petitions.

Even though the best way to go is using a lawyer; when I was working on mi NIW petition I used a couple of the sample letters of one the do it yourself kits. I don't remember which one it was, but it sure helped me.

Doitrite,

... I gotta tell you - everything you heard about term papers pulled of internet applies fully to recommendation letters. The ones you may find in DIY kits have been used blindly, hundreds of times, and officers are sure to recognize them. Nothing is a substitute to your own imagination, so use any sample as an outline. First, write long letters from your advisor(s) that provide a comprehensive review of your accomplishemnts, then write additional shorter letters that address specific projects - that will help them look and feel different. Do not hesitate to use strong words. Describing your own research as "seminal" and "groundbreaking" may make you cringe but that what you've got to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely true. Even if you have a lawyer, NIW petitions are a 2way street. You have to work as much as your lawyer.

to lamonte

Hi Lamonte,

can you please send a copy of your sample letters to me too ? I am currently preparing for a NIW pertition. Thanks a lot.

sam

Could I bother you for sample letters too

Any chance to send to me too.
Sorry to be a pain.
muji100

hi lamonte, I don't know why you could not access this site from your computer. for me it is working perfectly. may be when you tried too many people were visiting this site and hence it was slow. You can contact customer support of this site (e-mail: customersupport@greencardforyou.com).

Letters

Do you need to purchase a kit in order to get these sample letters. Is there any website that gives them for free.

muji100

muji100 said:
Do you need to purchase a kit in order to get these sample letters. Is there any website that gives them for free.

muji100

I haven't found such site that provides free sample letters. So I bought a kit from http://qunsoft.50megs.com/immigration/USA/index.html recently for my NIW case, which has 5 sample recommendation letters, 1 sample cover letter and 1 sample petiton letter, as well as other related stuff. By average, one letter is less than $10. You could try this DIY kit or others, ask them what will they include in the kit.

I also appriciate people who could provide some useful information on other kits they bought.

muji100, i don't think u need to buy the kit. just go to contact section of www.greencardforyou.com and write your details. They provide sample recommendation letters as well as customized letters. I will not recommend the site suggested by GoFast. This site looks too unprofessional and they do not even have a professional domain name. They mainly sell do-it-yourself kits.

ashu62 said:
muji100, i don't think u need to buy the kit. just go to contact section of www.greencardforyou.com and write your details. They provide sample recommendation letters as well as customized letters. I will not recommend the site suggested by GoFast. This site looks too unprofessional and they do not even have a professional domain name. They mainly sell do-it-yourself kits.

Well, just visted greencardforyou, didn't see any big diference (except you think a domain name does have impact on the application). This one also asks for money. I also noticed that the website has somthing like "Copyright 2003-2008, ...", is this professional? What year is it now?

Did you get your free sample letters (recommendation/petition) from them after sending your information over, I would give it a try if you did. Anyway thanks for your information.

I would be cautious when the sample letters are under the "miscleneous" category. In preparing a professional document, spelling counts! :)