Sample Recommendation Letters?

GoFast,
I think authenticity/sanctity of the source from where you get information matters a lot. You don't want information from the sources which look fishy, in this sense I made my comments. I am sure http://qunsoft.50megs.com/immigration/USA/index.html is made by some non english speaking guy. one can very easily find the difference between this site and www.greencardforyou.com. Greencardforyou has a very strong customer support service also while the other site has none.

ashu62 said:
GoFast,
I think authenticity/sanctity of the source from where you get information matters a lot. You don't want information from the sources which look fishy, in this sense I made my comments. I am sure http://qunsoft.50megs.com/immigration/USA/index.html is made by some non english speaking guy. one can very easily find the difference between this site and www.greencardforyou.com. Greencardforyou has a very strong customer support service also while the other site has none.

ashu62, thanks for your suggestion. Basically, my purpose is to get useful information, I don't mind to try another kit and this is what I am doing now (already got two kits). I would be surprising if I can get real useful FREE sample letter from the site you mentioned without buying it and I would try it before I can say if it is fishy(I don't know if you have bought its kit, and I would like to hear from you). I usually recomend/share my own experience in this forum instead of saying something without aparent evidence. I would recommend you to try http://qunsoft.50megs.com/immigration/USA/index.html and its service if you haven't tried it before.

Last edited by a moderator:
alex2 said:
hi gofast,ashu62 and other experts. i have been visiting this site quite regularly but i am putting my post for the first time. before saying anything i would first like to thank all of you for providing so much information. i recently applied for my niw and eb1-ea. in the begining i was also not sure whether i should hire an attorney or not, finally i decided to take safe step and did both. for niw i hired attorney and for eb1-ea i filed myself. i did lot of research about all these things. i also visited the sites which gofast and ashu62 have suggested in their posts. i found services provided by these sites particularly www.greencardforyou.com very useful. the thing that i liked most about this site was that it does not go into the controversial issue of whether one should hire an attorney or not. but it provides useful information and the formats of sample letters which are essential in either case, whether you hire attorney or do yourself. if one is aware of the procedure than it also becomes easier to cooperate with attorney.

I agree with you, alex2. I am hiring a attorney for my EB1-2 and trying to do NIW or/and EB1-1 by myself. The DIY kits I got help a lot in my process (please see my another tread for details http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=130430). I don't like the way that people choose/like one thing and deny/refuse anthing else. We can actually do both if that helps in getting our GC quickly.

The other thing I would like to share is I have contacted a few attorneys. Some of them even said that they would not give me a copy of the petition letter of my own case to me if I hire them (how do I expect to get a sample from them?). They said that is the property of their law firm... Witout the interactivity between attorney and client, I doubt they can do it well. Of cause, I kicked them off. I just want to say that sometimes, the attorney may not give you the chance to borrow the idea from your own case.

Come on Max, I am just a poor post doc researcher with little resources. How can I own these kind of sites? :eek:

I totally agree with GoFast. Sometimes attorneys are more of pain than help. However this is not true for all the attorneys. There are good attorneys also, who are very helpful. But ofcourse their number is definitely low. Most of them are in the profession just to make lot of money without much work. As far as DIY kits are concerned I feel it is a good idea to get one or two of them. These definitely help. I have used couple of them but I definitely liked www.greencardforyou.com . If somebody is interested I will be happy to share these kits with him/her.

You are so nice.

subhap said:
I totally agree with GoFast. Sometimes attorneys are more of pain than help. However this is not true for all the attorneys. There are good attorneys also, who are very helpful. But ofcourse their number is definitely low. Most of them are in the profession just to make lot of money without much work. As far as DIY kits are concerned I feel it is a good idea to get one or two of them. These definitely help. I have used couple of them but I definitely liked www.greencardforyou.com . If somebody is interested I will be happy to share these kits with him/her.

I am hiring an attorney and he gave me about five letters, only two of them are ok. Could you share your DIY kit with me. My email is gwang28@hotmail.com.

Thank you so much,

Subhap,
Would you also share this kit with me, much appreciated: muji100@yahoo.com.

I e-mailed greencardforyou inquiring about their recommendation letters - they charge about $5 per standard recommendation letter - minimum of 4. Also, they write customized letters based on your resume/CV which is only 12.99 - a steal, methinks - having said that I have not seen the outcome yet.

muji100

yaa, i will be happy to share. But I don't have letters alone, I bought two kits which contain letters also. I think all the sites charge money, nobody gives for free. Anyway you yourself think why should they give free, if they give free then how will they survive? ;) Simple question of economics :confused: I think it is worth spending 10-20 dollars to make things better. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
subhap said:
yaa, i will be happy to share. But I don't have letters alone, I bought two kits which contain letters also. I think all the sites charge money, nobody gives for free. Anyway you yourself think why should they give free, if they give free then how will they survive? ;) Simple question of economics :confused: I think it is worth spending 10-20 dollars to make things better. :)

Subhap, When you bought the two kits, how did you know they are same kit or not? I would be happy to buy different style of kits from different sources.

gwang, One kit is for NIW and other for EB1-EA. Both of these kits are in almost new condition.