RFE on I-140 - EB2

Recived RFE notice by Attorney office in 3 Days

Hi ,

I know we all where waiting for the I-140 file to be graced by USCIS but its again the deliberate and painful delay by USCIS

I felt my day has come on April 22nd, i was shocked to see that they sent a RFE on the website.

I felt nervous and felt like I am still haunted by USCIS anarchy.

Today i.e on 28 th my attorney call s me and informs me to send 2003 W2 form and pay stubs and also he asked our company to give its latest tax returns .

All these i have faxed today and he promised to send to USCIS
by Thursday tomarrow.

I dont know what my I -140 fate will be after they recieve the
RFE reply.

Share if any of you have submitted the RFE and waiting for response or recieved approval.

Kumarvalluri

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the same boat as you, kumarvalluri. I was surprised to see an rfe also. I was asked the same things as you except for pay stubs. it's been almost 3 weeks (this friday) since they recd the response. nothing yet.
Now with this new memo and all, God knows in which bucket people like us fall.

Confusing.
J

My lawyer says it takes at least 3 mths for approval after RFE. Is this true? Actually she's a paralegal and I dont know if she knows what she's talking about. Plan to talk to lawyer after he comes back from vacation.

J

Originally posted by jrao124
My lawyer says it takes at least 3 mths for approval after RFE. Is this true? Actually she's a paralegal and I dont know if she knows what she's talking about. Plan to talk to lawyer after he comes back from vacation.

J

Its now exactly 6 months from the time INs has received my response to the RFE...no results so far...My lawyer says Vermont isbacklogged..I see so many folks with RFE being approved or denied within 1-3 months..don't know whom to beleive.. :mad:

lostRFE,

Looks like you could talk to an immigration officer if you call the national customer service center line.
Ask your company or attorney to do that for your lostRFE..
Good Luck!

Chandler: Any updates?

My attorney called me and informed me that they finally received my 140 RFE last Saturday which was reissued on April 28. The first RFE was issued on April 5 and then returned as undeliverable mail to INS on April 19 per on line message. I called INS and also my attorney sent a letter to INS requesting them resend RFE on April 20 ...

The RFE is to establish the employer had the ability to pay. It asked for company's 2000, 2001 and 2003 Corporate Tax return and my w2 forms and Tax statements ( I don't know what they means tax statements) in 2000 and 2001.

good luck to you all!

Chandler

Atulh,
Two of my cousines are in same boat as yours. Their RFE response was received by UCIS on 12/3/03 and 12/9/03. As of yet, there is no approval. They had filed their I140-EB2-with Consular Processing in Mumbai.
My lawyer called UCIS on 3/29/04 and was informed that one was approved and other was under review and he would receive an approval notice within 30 days. When he called last week, they refused to talk as 30days had not passed. He would gain call them tomorrow as neither he has received an approval notice nor online message has changed. Let me the details on your case. Their RFE was about companies ability to pay and an education re-evaluation.

Originally posted by parvardigar
Atulh,
Two of my cousines are in same boat as yours. Their RFE response was received by UCIS on 12/3/03 and 12/9/03. As of yet, there is no approval. They had filed their I140-EB2-with Consular Processing in Mumbai.
My lawyer called UCIS on 3/29/04 and was informed that one was approved and other was under review and he would receive an approval notice within 30 days. When he called last week, they refused to talk as 30days had not passed. He would gain call them tomorrow as neither he has received an approval notice nor online message has changed. Let me the details on your case. Their RFE was about companies ability to pay and an education re-evaluation.

Hi,

I had the exact same RFE, Education re-valuation and Company ability to Pay. I have opened an inquiry with BCIS on April 15, 2004. Not heard anything so far.

I140 in EB2 RD 06/08/2004
I485 RD 12/01/2003
1st EAD Approved 02/03/2003
FP done RD 03/04/2003
I140 RFE received 09/2003
I140 RFE response sent 10/29/2003
2nd EAD applied 01/13/2004 ????Stil waiting

RFE replied 4/28/04 and waiting

Originally posted by jrao124

J

Hello jrao124, kumarvalluri, compuser1973,
I am waiting just like you all. 140 RFE replied 4/28/04 and
website shows update. I logged in into my USCIS account
and it shows Last Update with today's date, although nothing
about the message changed.

Does it mean that they are doing a review at this time ? What
does 'Last Update' show for you all ? (Is it close to RFE reply
date or beyond ?)

140/485/EAD/AP ND 6/03/03
140 RFE 4/15/04
EAD and AP issued Mid july (7/11 and 7/15 I think)

8th Year H1 ND 3/31/04
2nd EAD/AP ND 3/19/04

sda21

lostRFE,

Did your online status after your RFE was resent? Or does it still show the date of Mar 5th? And did your lawyer request a resend today since its 30 days since the last request?

Message never got changed... same old... RFE was mailed on March 5,... if 14 days have passed....blah blah.

Even the last update date did not change.....

My lawyer will be contacting National Customer Service Center on Monday/Tuesday...

gcwaiter_74 said:
lostRFE,

Did your online status after your RFE was resent? Or does it still show the date of Mar 5th? And did your lawyer request a resend today since its 30 days since the last request?

I140 approved 05/07/04, RFE received date 04/09/04

My I140 was approved about 1month after my RFE was recieved by the INS.
RFE was about 2001 W2 and 2001 company's tax returns

Last edited by a moderator: