• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Regarding minor's passport for DV visa

daydreamer155

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I have a question that I want to ask you/share with you.This is regarding minor's passport for DV lottery visa.

If a minor(less than 16 yrs/18 yrs-that depends on the individual country) has no travelling document(as in some countries passport is issued when the child is not minor i.e.after 16yrs/18yrs of age and in others passport can be applied for even after birth ) and has to submit documents for the DV visa issue as US embassy,than which of the following options is better:

1) As childs name is endorsed on mother or father passport(mostly on mothers) and child is for e.g. 6 yrs old(minor).Will US embassy accept that and issue child's DV visa on mothers/father passport?

2)To get 'new passport' for child(time consuming work)

What do you think guys? Yous replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If the 'normal' practice in the applicable country is for the government to endorse minors' on parents' passports, the applicable US embassy in that country will be aware of the practice and not have a problem with issuing the minor's DV visa on a parent's passport.

If the reason for a minor not having an individual passport is simply because it's too stressful to obtain one, then you probably have another problem on your hand.

If the 'normal' practice in the applicable country is for the government to endorse minors' on parents' passports, the applicable US embassy in that country will be aware of the practice and not have a problem with issuing the minor's DV visa on a parent's passport.

If the reason for a minor not having an individual passport is simply because it's too stressful to obtain one, then you probably have another problem on your hand.

Thanks Sm1smom for your prompt kind reply.Actually my daughter and her mother are from an eastern europe country where passport is issued after 16 yrs of age BUT her name is endorsed on mothers passport and both migrated to North America where Passport can be issued to an year old child.So if they will win the lottery than do they have to submit for daughter any travelling document or submission of mothers passport(with daughters name endorsed) for both visas is sufficient?
Applying for passport is stressful in the sense that --very time consuming....:eek:

Getting most of the documents required in support of the DV visa application is usually stressful and time consuming. So if your family is already in North America where your country's passport can be issued to minors, you should seriously consider getting one for your daughter in support of the DV visa if you/they win just to avoid unpredictable hassles you/they may have to contend it. Just my personal opinion!

Getting most of the documents required in support of the DV visa application is usually stressful and time consuming. So if your family is already in North America where your country's passport can be issued to minors, you should seriously consider getting one for your daughter in support of the DV visa if you/they win just to avoid unpredictable hassles you/they may have to contend it. Just my personal opinion!

Thanks for your opinion.There is no use of guessing and its better to start the process for passport application now than later.
Thanks for your opinion.:)

Thanks for your opinion.There is no use of guessing and its better to start the process for passport application now than later.
Thanks for your opinion.:)

US embassies/consulates does not issue minors visa in parent passport. You need to find out how to get one for your child.