Rally in front of PBEC - Are You Ready?

Would You Join Rally in front of PBEC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 12 is the date

WhyMe3200 said:
We'll have to prepare the memorendum content take permissions(or atleast find out if we need to take one) and let the word out to people. Immigration issue will still be hot in May. So it's not too far away. Please finalize 1 date or we'll waste 1 week on this. Also do not splitt between Philly & DC for this concern people should be willing to travel. Doing demonstration in fron t of PBEC is like giving a memorendum against Dell administration in their offshore office in Gurgaon. It's a satellite building, there's no official , there are contractors sitting there, what's the point of going to philly ?

It is Friday. I would say keep it May 12. Everyone will have one month to plan and prepare.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
It is Friday. I would say keep it May 12. Everyone will have one month to plan and prepare.

Is anything done on a Friday? come Friday 2pm, i cannot wait to get out of office and get into a bar!!

dude, friday is just way off, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday is best. any business major will tell you that tuesday is the best day for getting attention since the week has started and you are paying attention to your work.

again, my opinion is any date in May is too far. i vote for a rally in a week or two.

We need to come to a conclusion guys. Though I share your thought about friday, my first post on this thread was to do it on Monday i.e. May 1st.
code4food said:
Is anything done on a Friday? come Friday 2pm, i cannot wait to get out of office and get into a bar!!

dude, friday is just way off, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday is best. any business major will tell you that tuesday is the best day for getting attention since the week has started and you are paying attention to your work.

again, my opinion is any date in May is too far. i vote for a rally in a week or two.

My Banner....

Count Me In....Lets not put our minds too much. Too many chefs in the kitchen will spoil the food...Just pick a place and show up.

One of the reason why Illegal's rally was successful was that they had more followers than leaders...here ..we have other way round.

High Intellectuals.....Please apply your logic somewhere else....we are going for a rally for our rights.....
Just follow the date / time /place and show up with friends / family...How hard is that?

Those who can not without a GENUINE reason....we will fight for you anyway...Please have your Lou Dobbs show on that evening

I am goin to put a banner like this...
Treat us fairly else...
Return our Social Security paid for your Grand ma 's medicare.

Do not complicate the rally

WhyMe3200 said:
Guys let's talk about it. Does any body has a conferencing facility. Can we do conferencing ?

Yeah right...How about GPS/ XDA/ Wireless /Internet/ Vedio satellite linkage...etc...

Please do not get me wrong. Just keep it simple and straight. Show up as individual at a place on a given date....

AbstractVision said:
Count Me In....Lets not put our minds too much. Too many chefs in the kitchen will spoil the food...Just pick a place and show up.

One of the reason why Illegal's rally was successful was that they had more followers than leaders...here ..we have other way round.

High Intellectuals.....Please apply your logic somewhere else....we are going for a rally for our rights.....
Just follow the date / time /place and show up with friends / family...How hard is that?

Those who can not without a GENUINE reason....we will fight for you anyway...Please have your Lou Dobbs show on that evening

I am goin to put a banner like this...
Treat us fairly else...
Return our Social Security paid for your Grand ma 's medicare.

Code4Food, WhyMe3200 or AbstractVision ! Is anyone of you live close to DC and take Role "B" - inquire to take permissions etc.

'Return our Social Security paid for your Grand ma 's medicare.'--- that was a good one by Abstravtvision.

1. like someone earlier said, a Friday is not good.
2. get family, friends, neigbors
3. make your own banners. give ideas to others.
4. come well prepared with kids,food(a mini picnic on the brighter side).
5. meet at a spot/specific time.
6. It is absolotely not an impossible task, only thing is we need to move our big butt.

We need to do this, we and the DOL heads r tired of faxes and emails.

Above all illegals r so 'bindaas' and making noise,why shud we sit quiet. God knows if we were illegals, we wud have creeped under the carpet I think..

info

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Code4Food, WhyMe3200 or AbstractVision ! Is anyone of you live close to DC and take Role "B" - inquire to take permissions etc.

PBECIsKillingMe,

I will call Mayor's office to ger more details.....Meanwhile....read this,

http://dcema.dc.gov/dcema/cwp/view,a,1225,q,533074,dcemaNav,|31808|.asp

The MSETG meets to review presentations of proposed events the second and fourth Monday of each month, except on government holidays. Should the Monday fall on a government holiday, the MSETG will meet the following Tuesday. The organizers of proposed special events are required to appear before the MSETG and receive the concurrence of the group prior to the issuance of permits or licenses by the permit-granting agencies. Presentations to the MSETG on proposed events are required no less than sixty (60) days prior to the proposed scheduled date of the event. Requests to appear before the MSETG should therefore, be received in writing a minimum of one hundred twenty (120) days prior to the proposed scheduled date of the event.

DEFINITION
For the purpose of this guide, a special event is considered to be, although not limited to, a parade, walk, run, bike ride, procession (excluding funeral processions), or festival, requiring the temporary use of public space under the ownership or control of the District of Columbia that requires changing, restricting, or adapting the normal and usual regulations or controls of such space held open for use by the general public, but not including parks, for activities of a recreational, entertainment, amusement, educational, or civic nature, and subject to the special event user fees for permits and licenses and to cover the costs to the District of providing police, fire, and other public services that are necessary to protect public health and safety.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
hi,

i do not live anywhere close to the dc area, but i can call, so i called up 202-671-6522. Spoke to a nice Ms. Thompson. This is the department of police in the DC area. She did say that we need to file some paperwork, so prior to that we need to know where exactly we will congregate.

based on the location, they will tell us whom to speak to(which will probably be the county department). the process is not difficult, but it needs to be done.

so, we are rallying in one location for sure, outside the DOL in DC, PBEC is still up in air. i vote for PBEC and DC.

120 days prior ???

AbstractVision said:
PBECIsKillingMe,

I will call Mayor's office to ger more details.....Meanwhile....read this,

http://dcema.dc.gov/dcema/cwp/view,a,1225,q,533074,dcemaNav,|31808|.asp

The MSETG meets to review presentations of proposed events the second and fourth Monday of each month, except on government holidays. Should the Monday fall on a government holiday, the MSETG will meet the following Tuesday. The organizers of proposed special events are required to appear before the MSETG and receive the concurrence of the group prior to the issuance of permits or licenses by the permit-granting agencies. Presentations to the MSETG on proposed events are required no less than sixty (60) days prior to the proposed scheduled date of the event. Requests to appear before the MSETG should therefore, be received in writing a minimum of one hundred twenty (120) days prior to the proposed scheduled date of the event.

DEFINITION
For the purpose of this guide, a special event is considered to be, although not limited to, a parade, walk, run, bike ride, procession (excluding funeral processions), or festival, requiring the temporary use of public space under the ownership or control of the District of Columbia that requires changing, restricting, or adapting the normal and usual regulations or controls of such space held open for use by the general public, but not including parks, for activities of a recreational, entertainment, amusement, educational, or civic nature, and subject to the special event user fees for permits and licenses and to cover the costs to the District of providing police, fire, and other public services that are necessary to protect public health and safety.

Are they crazy?

All I was trying to saying is we should talk on phone and beat down things like date time place etc. rather than discussing it on the forum. as it is just getting dragged
AbstractVision said:
on the forum Yeah right...How about GPS/ XDA/ Wireless /Internet/ Vedio satellite linkage...etc...

Please do not get me wrong. Just keep it simple and straight. Show up as individual at a place on a given date....

Congregation area...

code4food said:
hi,

i do not live anywhere close to the dc area, but i can call, so i called up 202-671-6522. Spoke to a nice Ms. Thompson. This is the department of police in the DC area. She did say that we need to file some paperwork, so prior to that we need to know where exactly we will congregate.

based on the location, they will tell us whom to speak to(which will probably be the county department). the process is not difficult, but it needs to be done.

so, we are rallying in one location for sure, outside the DOL in DC, PBEC is still up in air. i vote for PBEC and DC.

I propose near Jefferson Memorial...as it has lot of empty space...Parks and lot of parking space along road side. Its not a political area...Kids can play in the ground ...For family..its a very open space...I wish we could do the rally in Cherry Blossom season......But its goin to be perfect....I have a gutt feeling.

Anybody else might want to suggest a better venue...Please...we need opinions right now before we start our paper works....Speak now or hold your peace for ever on this matter....;)

AbstractVision said:
I propose near Jefferson Memorial...as it has lot of empty space...Parks and lot of parking space along road side. Its not a political area...Kids can play in the ground ...For family..its a very open space...I wish we could do the rally in Cherry Blossom season......But its goin to be perfect....I have a gutt feeling.

Anybody else might want to suggest a better venue...Please...we need opinions right now before we start our paper works....Speak now or hold your peace for ever on this matter....;)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...38.89196,-77.013152&spn=0.002046,0.004404&t=h

i hope that link comes correct, well, item I on the map is Ms. Chao's address. how about there?

Also, an idea for a banner, "Can you see the pain, Ms Elaine Chow?"

code4food said:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...38.89196,-77.013152&spn=0.002046,0.004404&t=h

i hope that link comes correct, well, item I on the map is Ms. Chao's address. how about there?

Also, an idea for a banner, "Can you see the pain, Ms Elaine Chow?"

First of all, let me say that this is really a valiant effort. I am not from the area so can't attend, but I asked all of my friends in VA/DC area to join this rally.

Having said that, I would think protesting against DOL or PBEC may not help as much as protesting against senate offices or may be US Capitol. DOL/PBEC have always attributed this backlogs to senate policies and lack of budget given to them. They don't have any authorities to change these things. They will attribute this to the allocated budget and the backlog generated by 245i amnesty. They have all the reasons to not let anyone know about this except themselves because it demonstrates their inefficiency and lack of respect for fairness.

I suggest the protest is organized so that senate/house members can see our plight and make DOL accountable for what they promised namely ending all backlog in 2 years-by march 07. Also, I feel we need to have everyone aware about how lack of FIFO and new PERM system is a slap in the face of fairness and consistent case processing as it was promised.

My 2 cents...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the irony of the whole issue. When asked about Funds etc. DOL always quotes we have enough funds. It is a matter of ignorence and their 'go to hell ' attitude. That's what we want do to share by meeting with Elaine chow we give her memo. that you guys sucks. now Do your job or tell us you can't do it so we stop bothering about about applications in BECs
fastergcwanted said:
First of all, let me say that this is really a valiant effort. I am not from the area so can't attend, but I asked all of my friends in VA/DC area to join this rally.
......My 2 cents...

fastergcwanted said:

Having said that, I would think protesting against DOL or PBEC may not help as much as protesting against senate offices or may be US Capitol. DOL/PBEC have always attributed this backlogs to senate policies and lack of budget given to them. They don't have any authorities to change these things. They will attribute this to the allocated budget and the backlog generated by 245i amnesty. They have all the reasons to not let anyone know about this except themselves because it demonstrates their inefficiency and lack of respect for fairness.

I suggest the protest is organized so that senate/house members can see our plight and make DOL accountable for what they promised namely ending all backlog in 2 years-by march 07. Also, I feel we need to have everyone aware about how lack of FIFO and new PERM system is a slap in the face of fairness and consistent case processing as it was promised.

My 2 cents...

well, you make some good points. but with the whole illegal immigration million people marches, dont you think these 500-odd legislators have enuf on their hands.

our "beef" is with PBEC and that is something that is we (as people stuck at PBEC) will have to address, noone else will. here is my explanation http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1399384#post1399384

we all will appreciate your support in this particular cause. on the success of this rally, we can go ahead and think about doing what you want the next time around.

True, it may not be easy currently to get noticed when illegals have been rallying for last few weeks and in huge numbers in front of legislators.

No matter where the rally happens I have all my support. Doing something is better than doing nothing. If someone contacts local WB2/NBC/FOX news channel, I am sure they will be happy to cover this at least in the local news. They are always looking for new topics.

This might be in the plan already, but I think it would help to hand over a formal letter for what we are fighting for, to all the DOL and BEC officials.

Let's do it friends...we suffered too much already.

code4food said:
well, you make some good points. but with the whole illegal immigration million people marches, dont you think these 500-odd legislators have enuf on their hands.

our "beef" is with PBEC and that is something that is we (as people stuck at PBEC) will have to address, noone else will. here is my explanation http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1399384#post1399384

we all will appreciate your support in this particular cause. on the success of this rally, we can go ahead and think about doing what you want the next time around.