Rally in front of PBEC - Are You Ready?

Would You Join Rally in front of PBEC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
killingme...

how about 60*2(couples) make a crowd of 120 people look like...
trying to guess the size..will we make a fool of ourselves....!!

anymore whiners from the east coast had it from this thread...!!

WhyMe3200 said:
Too many cooks in the kitchen has allready burned the food. Now I know why legals can't reach anywhere.

This is half true. The other half is: We just to tell and guide others what to do but when we have to do something, no one is coming out of home. We had only 60 people ready to join rally. Pathetic !

I was ready to go even if 20 were ready, After all we just have to go and submit a memorendum to Elaine chou. But we couldn't even get to finalizing a date. People are talking about rally in NJ/NY, I mean all kind of weird thoughts.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
This is half true. The other half is: We just to tell and guide others what to do but when we have to do something, no one is coming out of home. We had only 60 people ready to join rally. Pathetic !

WhyMe3200 said:
I was ready to go even if 20 were ready, After all we just have to go and submit a memorendum to Elaine chou. But we couldn't even get to finalizing a date. People are talking about rally in NJ/NY, I mean all kind of weird thoughts.

i think 20 is good enough to get started. its obvious that this is a fragmented community that is kind of scared of being visual.

here is the game plan, we need 3 people. 1 to coordinate, 1 in dc and 1 in philly. i can take charge of coordination, if whyme and pbecis... take charge of the other 2 locations. my feel is that once we are out there and do something, it will be better.

Why are we even talking philly. What are you going to achieve by showing your billboards to the contractors sitting in philly. Every single person who we want to listen to us is in D.C.
code4food said:
i think 20 is good enough to get started. its obvious that this is a fragmented community that is kind of scared of being visual.

here is the game plan, we need 3 people. 1 to coordinate, 1 in dc and 1 in philly. i can take charge of coordination, if whyme and pbecis... take charge of the other 2 locations. my feel is that once we are out there and do something, it will be better.

don't be deceived by DOL

DOL always lies. PART Performance Measurements (2005 fisical year, page 212) said "in 2004, reduce backlog by 36.5% from 270,000,and in 2005, by 42% from 171,450 (revised goal: Elimination of backlog by end of 2006)"

Then, how come there were 363,000 when the eliminating centers were created?

Does anyone know how many times have they revised their goals?

By September 2007? They Just want you to stay put and not to make any noise.

RALLY is the only way, guys!

An open letter to President

We need action!

Dear legal immigrants:

We need take better action to fight for our green cards. I have drawn an open letter to President. Please review and contribute your opinion. We need union to fight for our green cards, otherwise many people don’t know our situation and nobody will pay high attention to legal immigration problem.

I have a couple of questions in my letter.

Illegal immigration is a hot issue right now and I haven’t found many good ideas about it. In order to contribute our thoughts, I put illegal immigration content in the letter, also it may have more people to pay attention to this letter and realize how important to make immigrant coming to USA legally. But the letter is too long, I am afraid if people will read whole letter. Please let me know your opinion ------ delete this part or keep it.

One voice or two voices are nothing. More voices may mean something. Please put your information in the bottom of the letter. If you have any suggestion or amend this letter, you are no more than welcome to contribute your thoughts. I’ll re-write this letter after I gather more new ideas, then send to President, Congress and media.

In order for me to get information easily, please click http://boards.immigrationportal.com...799#post1421799 and put all information in the same thread. Thanks a lot.

NJ EB3 RIR
PD Aug. 2002
45 day letter received and replied in Sep. 2005
Email: bluesky133@hotmail.com[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

President George W. Bush
The President of the United States
U.S. White House
Washington, D.C. 20001

An open letter to President George W. Bush

Dear Mr. President:

We write to endorse your admirable commitment to immigration issues. Recently, more and more illegal immigrant issues are in the newspaper and on television. We appreciate the idea that you disagree to letting illegal immigrants become U.S. citizens since the United States is a legal system country.

We are legal immigrants. All of us are skilled people and paying taxes. We would like to contribute our intelligence and skills to this country’s economic and advance technology development, but we have endless worry and pain waiting for a green card! We are suffering!

The green card process is extremely slow after 911. Some of us have been waiting for labor certificates several years and still waiting without knowing anything, when and whether we can get approval or not. We cannot change our job when another position is more fitting to us and the employer cannot find this kind of skilled person during our endless waiting.

Although the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) has taken some steps to reform the process and two backlog centers in Philadelphia and Dallas to handle all national backlog cases. There are many problems such as:

45 day letter: After backlog case is entered into system, 45 day letter will be sent to the employers / attorney who must reply to this letter within 45 days, otherwise the case will be closed. But the backlog centers send 45 day letters are out of order. We are unable to trace our case status and don’t know the process time schedule. In case 45 day letter mail is missing, miss delivery or employer has replied to the letter, but backlog center hasn’t received it, all of those things happened are resulting in our case being closed, but we are still waiting until we receive a cased closed notice. Some cases are closed by error. Some people who submitted application in 2001 haven’t got a 45 day letter yet.

“First in, first out” rule: As a matter of fact, many labor certificate approvals come out without an order. Some people have been waiting more than four years and are still waiting, but some people who submitted their applications in 2003 and even in 2004 have got labor certificate approval!

Immigration processing retrogress: Even if we get labor certificate approval finally, we need to file 140 Form which may take several months to years. After #140 approval, because of retrogress ((#485 cut off date is May 1, 2001 for EB3, it's more than 5 years behind now. it moved only 4 months in the past more than two years!), we may still have to wait several years before we can file #485 and apply for advance parole which allow us to travel. Our work visa has to be extended again and again while waiting. Our spouse with H4 visa can’t go to work. We can’t make long term plans for ourselves and our family’s future. Some people are planning to go back to their motherland country or other countries where skilled people are welcomed. Some of our friends who are in foreign countries have no intention of moving to USA after they hear our stories. The USA may lose some highly educated and skilled people.

For most of us who go through the labor certificate process, it seems that we may have to spend a decade to go through the entire employment-based green card process if we are lucky enough to get it. If we fail to get approval in any stage, we may have to leave this country soon. It is a very long green card journey. The journey is in the darkness. Many of us haven’t visited our family members and friends in our motherland country for many years because of green card problem. Also, it is hard for our family members to get US visas to visit us. We are very homesick; we miss our family members and friends so much. We can’t stand being apart from our family especially when our parents are very sick, but we are unable to take care of them. Some people even missed seeing their parents one last time before they passed away. Dear President, you have a family, therefore you can imagine how tough it is for us. We have lost our freedom in some way.

All of the above is based on facts and our experiences. We earnestly request you, Mr. President, to pay high attention to legal immigrant issues. We have below petitions:

1. “First in, first out” rule, every stage of green card process must follow this rule. There are too many backlog cases which may be messed up; it’s hard for the backlog center to get every single case done orderly, so the priority date should go through all processes no matter when the approval of Labor Certificate and #140 is issued.
2. The Labor of Department makes public the process time schedule at least once a month. Applicants can trace their case status from internet.
3. To speed up the green card process.
4. Someone who has been staying in the USA more than five years or working in the USA more than three years should be free to get a travel visa to travel especially to their motherland no matter in what the stage of his/her green card.
5. Someone who has been working in the USA more than five years, his/her spouse should be allowed to get work permission.

Mr. President, we know you are worrying about this country’s security and illegal immigrant issues. We also concern about these issues and have below suggestions for your reference.

1. Illegal immigrants who have been staying the USA more than five years can get three year work visa and renew another three years once in the USA but not allowed to apply for green card unless they go back to their country to apply for work visa and enter this country with legal documents.
2. Illegal immigrants who have been staying in the USA less than 5 years but more than three years can get non-renewable three year work visa and not be allowed to apply for green card unless they leave the USA to apply for work visa and enter this country with legal documents.
3. Illegal immigrants who have been staying in the USA less than three years must leave the USA to apply for work visa and enter this country with legal documents.
4. Set up fast and simple channel to get work visa. Give illegal immigrants a chance to be legal immigrants based on their conduct and US job market requirement. In order to encourage illegal immigrants leave USA early and apply for work visa legally, besides green card’s condition, this type of work visa need quota limited every year and special rules including below factors: How many years have they been in the USA before, their family member status, their behavior such as paying taxes, do not commit crimes and others while they are in the USA.

Note: Above four points showed importance of legal system and give illegal immigrants a chance to correct their mistake from humanitarianism.

5. Make more strict laws against the employer who hires illegal immigrant and lawyer who makes counterfeit documents for illegal immigrants. Increases penalties for employing illegal aliens.
6. Limited illegal immigrant’s rights by laws. Such as: Cannot get any financial service (bank account, loan and credit card). Not allowed to buy a car and take any transportation, no driver’s license. Cannot rent and buy a house/apartment.
7. Anyone who provides above rights to illegal immigrant will be fined for breaking the law.
8. Illegal immigration laws must be published and announced on newspapers, TV and radio for a long time period, let everybody know those laws.

Note: After illegal immigrants realize it’s very difficult to work and live here without legal document, they may leave USA and get legal document into the USA. In case some illegal immigrants don’t want to leave the USA, it will be more and tougher for them to work and live here. Eventually, they have to leave the USA. Then more and more people who are outside of USA will try to come to USA legally.

9. New crossing border illegal immigrants must be immediate deported and left their fingerprints with 10 years prohibit entering USA.
Note: After those illegal immigrants went back with 10 years penalty, their family members, relatives and friends will know immediately and may stop to cross border automatically.

10. Set up fingerprint verify information system for everybody in the United State, which connects with personal ID and social security number.

Note: Since a lot of places have used this system, it will not cost huge amount of extra money to build this system for more places, but it will be a big help for the home security in the future and reduce other crimes such as stealing ID and social security number.

The above suggestions may solve illegal immigrant issues for fundamental reasons and make the homeland security more efficient from now and in the future. We don’t think it is a good ideal to build a border. It may waste money but will be no help in preventing illegal immigrants. Open the legal channel widely for the people who are qualified to come to USA and make illegal immigrant very tough to survive here, we think, this is the key to prevent illegal immigrants.

Mr. President, we are looking forward to your solving both legal and illegal immigrant problems successfully during you are in office.

Sincerely,
Legal Immigrants’ Ally

Number State Category PD 45 day letter Stage E-mail
No.1 NJ EB3 RIR Aug. 2002 Sep. 2005 LC Bluesky133@hotmail.comundefinedundefinedundefined

Just a little comments

Thanks for drafting this letter. It is good, although I have a few points for you to consider.

Part of the illegal immigration issue is actually the legal immigration issue. The US needs talents and labor as it becomes an older and older society and more and more gloabal competition arises. However, the current legal immigration system has made it so hard and time consuming to come to the states and obtain a green cards that people start to circumvent the legal system and take extreme measures.

So in order to resolve the illegal immigration issue, the US should also revamp the legal immigration system. One of the solutions is to adopt an "earned" permenent residence status, namely to allow those who have come to this country legally and worked and paid taxes for a consecutive 5 year period of time to apply for green cards automatically (without going through labor certification) as the H1B application process has established the vacancy in the labor market and 5 years of consecutive services has confirmed the need of the US employers and society. (It is fine if it is only applicable to those with advanced degrees. Please note, it is not about if the position requires advanced degrees but whether the alien has an advanced degree as this will benefit the country.)

The adjudication of green card applications should not exceed a year so that before the end of H1B 6 year period, the aliens can obtain their permenent legal status. This will eliminate the need to extend H1B visa and therefore reduce the workload on the government agencies.

Another point is that the US should discontinue the so called "chain immingration". The US should only allow the spouse, minor kids and maybe parents (who only have this one child) to apply as dependents for a green card and do not allow sponsorship of any sisters, brothers, or any other indirect relatives. The visa lottery should be discontinued as well. I know a lot of people will not like this point. But I think it is important to give those with skills and knowledges a priority as the country will benefit more from them.

Fair said:
Thanks for drafting this letter. It is good, although I have a few points for you to consider.

Part of the illegal immigration issue is actually the legal immigration issue. The US needs talents and labor as it becomes an older and older society and more and more gloabal competition arises. However, the current legal immigration system has made it so hard and time consuming to come to the states and obtain a green cards that people start to circumvent the legal system and take extreme measures.

So in order to resolve the illegal immigration issue, the US should also revamp the legal immigration system. One of the solutions is to adopt an "earned" permenent residence status, namely to allow those who have come to this country legally and worked and paid taxes for a consecutive 5 year period of time to apply for green cards automatically (without going through labor certification) as the H1B application process has established the vacancy in the labor market and 5 years of consecutive services has confirmed the need of the US employers and society. (It is fine if it is only applicable to those with advanced degrees. Please note, it is not about if the position requires advanced degrees but whether the alien has an advanced degree as this will benefit the country.)

The adjudication of green card applications should not exceed a year so that before the end of H1B 6 year period, the aliens can obtain their permenent legal status. This will eliminate the need to extend H1B visa and therefore reduce the workload on the government agencies.

Another point is that the US should discontinue the so called "chain immingration". The US should only allow the spouse, minor kids and maybe parents (who only have this one child) to apply as dependents for a green card and do not allow sponsorship of any sisters, brothers, or any other indirect relatives. The visa lottery should be discontinued as well. I know a lot of people will not like this point. But I think it is important to give those with skills and knowledges a priority as the country will benefit more from them.
Following your logic we can go further. Let's ask Congress to create a law that would allow me and whoever I choose to obtain green cards. The processing time should be no more than 10 minutes. ;). No other applicants allowed.
I know a lot of people will not like this point but it is important to give me this possibility as I am the best and the country should make me a priority

Last edited by a moderator:
An open letter to President (Version)

Dear immigrants:

I have re-written the letter after I gather some ideas from this forum and listened to the President’s speech last night. Since a lot of people are paying high attention to illegal immigration issue and media concern this issue a lot too. So I still put a few suggestions for illegal immigration issue, which may have more people to read this letter.

I appreciate many people contribute opinions. Unfortunately, a lot of people don’t leave information. Please note that every individual case information is very important part of this letter. If there are only 5 people, the powerful people or media may not pay attention to this letter. Don’t wait or keep silent. Please contact more legal immigrants and put the case information in the bottom of this letter soon. We need to send this letter out as soon as possible.

Bluesky

President George W. Bush
The President of the United States
U.S. White House
Washington, D.C. 20001

An open letter to President George W. Bush

Dear Mr. President:

We write to endorse your admirable commitment to immigration issues. Recently, more and more illegal immigrant issues are in the newspaper and on television. How about the problem with legal immigration system? Is America a real welcoming country? We, as skilled legal immigrants, have been facing the tremendous delays and problems in our green card process.

1. Backlog labor certificates
Some of us have been waiting for labor certificates several years and still waiting without knowing anything, when and whether we can get approval or not. We cannot change our job when another position is more fitting to us and the employer cannot find this kind of skilled person during our endless waiting.

2. 45 day letter:
After backlog case is entered into system, 45 day letter will be sent to the employers / attorney who must reply to this letter within 45 days, otherwise the case will be closed. But the backlog centers send 45 day letters are random. We are unable to trace our case status and don’t know the process time schedule. In case 45 day letter mail is missing, miss delivery or employer has replied to the letter, but backlog center hasn’t received it, all of those things happened are resulting in our case being closed, but we are still waiting until we receive a cased closed notice. Some cases are closed by error. Some people who submitted application in 2001 haven’t got a 45 day letter yet.

3. “First in, first out” rule:
As a matter of fact, many labor certificate approvals come out without an order. Some people have been waiting more than four years and are still waiting, but some people who submitted their applications in 2003 and even in 2004 have got labor certificate approval!

4. Immigration processing retrogresses:
Even if we get labor certificate approval finally, we need to file 140 Form which may take several months to years. After #140 approval, because of retrogress ((#485 cut off date is May 1, 2001 for EB3, it's more than 5 years behind now. it moved only 4 months in the past more than two years!), we may still have to wait several years before we can file #485 and apply for advance parole which allow us to travel. Our work visa has to be extended again and again while waiting. Our spouse with H4 visa can’t go to work. We can’t make long term plans for ourselves and our family’s future. We heard that there are about 145K unused EB3 quotas during 2001-2004 due to the serious delay in green card process. Some people are planning to go back to their motherland country or other countries where skilled people are welcomed. Some of our friends who are in foreign countries have no intention of moving to USA after they hear our stories. The USA may lose some highly educated and skilled people.

All of the above are based on facts and our experiences. We earnestly request you, Mr. President, to pay high attention to legal immigrant issues. We have below petitions:

1. “First in, first out” rule, every stage of green card process must follow this rule. There are too many backlog cases which may be messed up; it’s hard for the backlog center to get every single case done orderly, so the priority date should go through all processes no matter when the approval of Labor Certificate and #140 is issued.
2. The Labor of Department makes public the process time schedule at least once a month. Applicants can trace their case status from internet.
3. To speed up the green card process.
4. Someone who has been staying in the USA more than five years or working in the USA more than three years should be free to get a travel visa to travel especially to their motherland no matter in what the stage of his/her green card.
5. Someone who has been working in the USA more than five years, his/her spouse should be allowed to get work permission.

Mr. President, we know you are worrying about this homeland’s security and illegal immigrant issues. We also concern about these issues and read your proposal about illegal immigrant issue. We have below suggestions for your reference.

1. Illegal immigrants in the United State:
Set up fast and simple channel for the qualified illegal immigrants to get temporary work visa but not allow them becoming US citizen unless they re-enter to USA with legal documents then go through the same path to citizenship as legal immigrant. They will bring positive information to the people who want to come to USA that the United State is a nation of laws and there is no any hope to become citizenship if anyone enters this country illegally.
2. New illegal immigrants
Leave digital fingerprint and deport them immediately. If they are caught again, they will be denied to enter USA forever. Give all new illegal immigrants this information and US new immigration law before deport them.
3. Open the legal channel widely for the people who are qualified to come to USA and make illegal immigrant very tough to survive here. This is the key to prevent illegal immigrants.

We have more detail thoughts for above suggestions. If you are interested in more details, we will write you another letter.

Dear President, all of us are skilled people and paying taxes. We would like to contribute our intelligence and skills to this country’s economic and advance technology development, but we have endless worry and pain waiting for a green card! We are suffering!

For most of us who go through the labor certificate process, it seems that we may have to spend a decade to go through the entire employment-based green card process if we are lucky enough to get it. If we fail to get approval in any stage, we may have to leave this country soon. It is a very long green card journey. The journey is in the darkness. Many of us haven’t visited our family members and friends in our motherland country for many years because of green card problem. Also, it is hard for our family members to get US visas to visit us. We are very homesick; we miss our family members and friends so much. We can’t stand being apart from our family especially when our parents are very sick, but we are unable to take care of them. Some people even missed seeing their parents one last time before they passed away. Dear President, you have a family, therefore you can imagine how tough it is for us. We have lost our freedom in some way!

Mr. President, we are looking forward to your solving both legal and illegal immigrant problems successfully during you are in office.

Sincerely,
Legal Immigrants’ Ally

Number State/Category PD 45 day letter Stage E-mail
No.1 NJ/EB3/RIR Aug. 2002 Sep. 2005 LC Bluesky133@hotmail.
2.TN/EB3 Apr. 2001 I-485
3. CSC/EB3 Mar. 2002 I-140
4.TN/EB3/RIR Mar. 2004 May 2005 LC