• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

question concerning the requirement of a person who will welcome me in USA.

fakloun

Registered Users (C)
hello everyone
I was selected in the DV lottery 2013 and I had to validate all form and photos KCC.
lately I received the date of the interview The U.S. embassy.
but I recall that I have no attachment or name or address or phone someone I know lives in USA.
I must have someone I know who lives in usa?
if it's required , i tel the consular at the interview about all theses informations?
thanx

Case No: 2013AF0004XXX
Entry checked: 9th May 2012
Forms sent to KCC: 15 June 2012
Received by KCC: 09 July 2012
2nd NL: 09 April 2013
Interviews: June 2013

No, you dont have to have somebody in US. This is not a requirement. The only thing you HAVE to have is an address where you wannt your green card to be sent.

thanx a lot Dziecka, my question i must give the adress at the interview time?

thanx a lot Dziecka, my question i must give the adress at the interview time or when i goes to USA?
i can make a us mail box by internet ?
please i need help
thanx

It is A MUST. You should have an address at the interview, otherwise you may be issued a blue paper called „rejection worksheet“ by the Embassy. You have almost no chances if they now they do not have an address where you GC is going to be sent, it is not negotiable. I read about people who went to the interview and gave address of their remote cousins in US and although they never communicated with those remote cousins, it was sufficient to be granted with the immigrant visa. Maybe you can find online a place for a rent and give the address of a future landlord

Reserve a P O Box with USPS can be qccepted in interview?

Please anyone khnow if reserve a P O box with www.usps.com can be accepted in dv lottery interview at embassy.
please if anyone has used it or khnow someones used tell me, my interview will be in June.plzzz help

Please anyone khnow if reserve a P O box with www.usps.com can be accepted in dv lottery interview at embassy.
please if anyone has used it or khnow someones used tell me, my interview will be in June.plzzz help

There's no problem with that as some countries have a PO Box number for mail as it doesn't go to the physical residence BUT have a physical address too (to tell them where you live).

physical adress can be a hotels booking?

my problem is that I dont khnow someone who live in usa .
for the interview I must give an adress for receiving GC, and i must give a physicall adress too ,but i haven't actualy where to stay and i think to book a room in hotel but after getting visa .

how can i do?? plzzzz help

You can give them an address of the place (hotel) where you are going to stay. They will mail it there. I personaly know ppl who did that and they had no problems.

You can give them an address of the place (hotel) where you are going to stay. They will mail it there. I personaly know ppl who did that and they had no problems.

Dzieka are you sure they will mail to a hotel? Green Cards and SSN come through 6 weeks after entering the US so would someone stay in a hotel for 6 weeks? I'm just curious because I've never heard or read GC or SSN being sent to a hotel address.

Alternatively it could also be that a person enters the US and stays in a hotel until they quickly find their own accommodation in which case they could inform the KCC and SSN authority to send their GC and SSN card to the new address.

ok Momo1980.
I can give us embassy an adress for a friend ,but i will travel to another state and reserve a PO box ,after that I will tel Uscis to new mailing adress.it's can resolve my status?
thanx

Dzieka are you sure they will mail to a hotel? Green Cards and SSN come through 6 weeks after entering the US so would someone stay in a hotel for 6 weeks? I'm just curious because I've never heard or read GC or SSN being sent to a hotel address.

Alternatively it could also be that a person enters the US and stays in a hotel until they quickly find their own accommodation in which case they could inform the KCC and SSN authority to send their GC and SSN card to the new address.

why it's through 6 weeks after entering the US ,I readed that some people get their GC and SSN after 3 weeks and 1 month.

I can give us embassy an adress for a friend ,but i will travel to another state and reserve a PO box ,after that I will tel Uscis to new mailing adress.it's can resolve my status?
thanx

If you have a trusted friend in the US, use his/her address to receive your GC and SSN, you can arrange for your friend to send the items to where ever you move to after your arrrival. Don't try to get USCIS to do an address update before you receive your GC, USCIS isn't quite so effective when it comes to updating personal information within a short period of time and your GC may 'get lost in transit'. But once you have your documents, you can go ahead and update your address with USCIS, all LPRs are required to update their address every time they move to a new address.

If you have a trusted friend in the US, use his/her address to receive your GC and SSN, you can arrange for your friend to send the items to where ever you move to after your arrrival. Don't try to get USCIS to do an address update before you receive your GC, USCIS isn't quite so effective when it comes to updating personal information within a short period of time and your GC may 'get lost in transit'. But once you have your documents, you can go ahead and update your address with USCIS, all LPRs are required to update their address every time they move to a new address.

fakloun if someone here knows what they're talking about its Sm1smom. I would go with her suggestion and don't trust the hotel to handle your documents/GC/SSN.

And I agree with Sm1smom that don't start making address changes with USCIS until you receive your GC and SSN.

As for timeframe and from what I have learnt from other DV winners (and what I have read) the GC and SSN take 4-6 weeks to arrive at your address. 3 weeks is impossible considering you would just have entered America and are finding your feet there in a manner of speaking.

Have you been to the US before?

fakloun if someone here knows what they're talking about its Sm1smom. I would go with her suggestion and don't trust the hotel to handle your documents/GC/SSN.

And I agree with Sm1smom that don't start making address changes with USCIS until you receive your GC and SSN.

As for timeframe and from what I have learnt from other DV winners (and what I have read) the GC and SSN take 4-6 weeks to arrive at your address. 3 weeks is impossible considering you would just have entered America and are finding your feet there in a manner of speaking.

Have you been to the US before?

No it's my first change to travel to US and although I try to succeed .

Last edited by a moderator:
Address

At the interview: [/B]
- they accept a bank statement for the last six or so months (instead of Affidavit of Support, provided you are not suspicious in any way) - the more money on the account, the better;
- by rule they ask for an address. Then they ask for a print out of e-mail, sent t you by your friend or cousin as a proof of communication between you and the person who is providing you with a place to stay; then they ask who is the person who sent you the e-mail. The e-mail is informal.
- if you have an invitation letter, it begins with "To whom it may concern")

The best is to call them in advance and ask whether xxxxxx - e.g. a solid bank statement, e-mail, P.O. box or whatever you have- can be accepted
GC can arrive within 3 weeks

At the interview: [/B]
- they accept a bank statement for the last six or so months (instead of Affidavit of Support, provided you are not suspicious in any way) - the more money on the account, the better;
- by rule they ask for an address. Then they ask for a print out of e-mail, sent t you by your friend or cousin as a proof of communication between you and the person who is providing you with a place to stay; then they ask who is the person who sent you the e-mail. The e-mail is informal.
- if you have an invitation letter, it begins with "To whom it may concern")

The best is to call them in advance and ask whether xxxxxx - e.g. a solid bank statement, e-mail, P.O. box or whatever you have- can be accepted
GC can arrive within 3 weeks

ok Now i must have from the person who is providing me :address , phone , and an email sent to me by him for encouragement printed.
to appear with it's in the interview.
its ok or not?

That is OK. The e-mail is nothing special, just a friendly relaxed form of communication, basically XY is inviting AB to stay in his house at the address .....upon his arrival to the US
(it is not necessary but XY can write that he will help AB find a job, socialize)...it would be great if the email contains a contact phone number (in case they want to check something) ...Print it all out and take to the interview
It would be great to hear in this thread how the interview went. Good luck

Basically just like ZokotheCat (love the name! lol) says you need some form of affidavit letter from your host in the US stating something like this:

The Consular Officer
Embassy of The United States of America
(indicate the city and country the embassy is based here)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hereby confirm that I shall be hosting fakloun (put your full real name not fakloun!), a DV Lottery selectee/winner from DV2013 upon his arrival in the United States of America.

Please find herewith along with fakloun's documents the I-134 Affidavit of Support form which has been completed by myself and indicates the level of support (only write this if you are taking an I-134 form to the interview).

I shall also provide assistance to fakloun in seeking employment and any other matters which will require familiarisation such as obtaining his driver's license from the DMV, road networks et al.

Should you wish to contact me, you may reach me on (put the host's phone number) and I shall be more than pleased to assist you with your query.

If you wish to conduct a reference check my Social Security Number is (indicate the person's social security number) and taxpayer identification number is (indicate the person's tax identification number) - this is just optional if you want to put it.

I thank you for your assistance in processing and facilitating fakloun's DV Lottery documents for entry into the United States of America.

Sincerely,

Name of Host