Q3 (JUL-SEP) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Hey guys, I got a status update today with "This case has been sent for a standard interview" as the new status. From the look of things, I should get my interview letter in the mail between now and Saturday afternoon. I am really getting excited now. The possibility of becoming an American citizen before Christmas is becoming more feasible. In fact, I beleive it could happen before Thanksgiving :)

I wish the rest of you waiting for some status update the very best. It will happen before you know it!

Cheers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I got a status update today with "This case has been sent for a standard interview" as the new status. From the look of things, I should get my interview letter in the mail between now and Saturday afternoon. I am really getting excited now. The possibility of becoming an American citizen before Christmas is becoming more feasible. In fact, I beleive it could happen before Thanksgiving :)

I wish the rest of you waiting for some status update the very best. It will happen before you know it!

Cheers!!!

It will come soon but I don't think you will be a citizen before thanksgiving, because the interview is usually a month out from the date they send it, then you have to wait for the oath, unless your DO offers same day oath. But for sure before Christmas! haha Good luck!!!!!

I got my interview letter in the mail today. My interview is schedule for November 19th. For those of you still waiting for one update of the other, I wish you the best. Between now and my interview, I will occassional check to see if there is any insight I can offer anyone. I will so love to give back to this forum as much as I can because the resources and guide you guys provided has been very helpful. Depending on how the Oath is scheduled, citizenship before thanksgiving is still possible!!! :) :) :)

Wish you all the very best!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Received Oath Letter

I received Oath Letter (both self and spouse) scheduled for Oct 27th 2009 at 10:00 AM from NBC. I thank you all for your inputs and help.

I wish you all good luck who are waiting for interview or oath letters.

Finally - Back in the game - 1st FP was declared LOST and had my second FP done on 15th Oct . It was processed and sent back the same day --

Showed up for my interview Oct 20th. Parked the car on street and entered the USCIS building half hour before; it was fairly empty. Placed the letter in tray and waited for 5 minutes. An Officer called out my name, asked for my GC. Showed me the date on GC and said we’ll have the interview next week after I complete 5 years. Asked me to wait for the reschedule letter, which I got in next 30 minutes. So, now my new date is Oct 28, 2009.

Wish the NBC folks pay attention to the GC anniversary date or rather change the rule of allowing to apply 90 days in advance.

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 04): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
08/05/2009 (Day 06): Check Cleared
08/10/2009 (Day 11): NOA Received (Priority Date: 08/03/2009)
08/12/2009 (Day 13): Online Case Status changes to RFE (Finger Print Notice)
08/18/2009 (Day 19): FP Notice Received
08/25/2009 (Day 26): FP Done (Original Appointment Date: 09/04/2009)
09/05/2009 (Day 37): Online Case Status changes to CASE SENT to DO
10/03/2009 (Day 65): Missing Interview Letter arrives at the Door Step!
10/20/2009 (Day 82): Original Interview Date
10/28/2009 (Day 90): Rescheduled Interview Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath Letter Receipt
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath

Oath Done

Finally I got mine and my wife's Oath done yesterday -- there were 25 people for 10am ceremony. It took 1-1/2 hr from start to finish including waiting time (Actual Oath Ceremony took just 20 mins).

This forum is so great and I wish good luck for all who are waiting to become citizens.

Finally I got mine and my wife's Oath done yesterday -- there were 25 people for 10am ceremony. It took 1-1/2 hr from start to finish including waiting time (Actual Oath Ceremony took just 20 mins).

This forum is so great and I wish good luck for all who are waiting to become citizens.

Congrats nova- US citizen!! :D:D

Received my WIFE'S Oath letter finally on Oct. 31st. Five days after five year GC anniversary.
07/30/09: Priority Date
07/31/09: Checks cashed
08/06/09: NOA received
08/06/09: FP Notice Date
08/11/09: FP Notice (self and wife) received
08/21/09: FP done (self and wife)
08/28/09: IL Notice Date(wife)
08/31/09: Interview Letter received(wife)
09/02/09: IL Notice Date(self)
09/03/09: Case update "Case sent for interview...(self and wife)
09/08/09: Interview Letter received(self)
10/08/09: Interview Passed(wife)
10/13/09: Interview Passed (self)
10/31/09: Oath letter(wife)
11/10/09:Oath date (wife)

Hi Everyone,

Did anyone receive an email update around 10-28 " Sent to "interview and Testing" and did not receive the IL as of today? Please share your experience.

Thanks,

After parking the car in the next door public parking we arrived to Baltimore War Memorial Building(around 9.25 a.m) as I mentioned in the previous post I did not have a Oath letter. So I was bit unsure about my Oath thus I went to the desk, before I said anything, the lady called me by name and showed me my naturilization certificate gave me the oath letter asked me to fill it up and sign. After some time USCIS officers asked the candidates to stand in line based on the color of the Oath letter mine is white and my wife's is green(came in mail). In the line it self officers questioned us and in the desk we submitted our green cards also officers verified our name, country of origin, DOB printed in the certificate.
Once it was done ceremony started. Since 11/11 is a Veterans day there was military ceremony and welcoming remarks, key note address and congraulatory speech by USCIS officers and military officers. Then they called us by our name to hand over our certificates and we had congratulatory hand shake by military and civilian officers. Everything was over by 12 p.m. There were TV crews interviewing newly naturalized citizens.
It was well organized and new citizens are proud and happy. And I should say USCIS officers are very polite and treated us very well.
GOOD LUCK Every body.
Thank you. These forums are very useful.
10/30/09: Oath notice date(wife)
11/05/09: Oath day notice by cell phone(self)
11/10/09:Oath done (wife)-US CITIZEN
11/10/09:Oath done(self) -US CITIZEN

After parking the car in the next door public parking we arrived to Baltimore War Memorial Building(around 9.25 a.m) as I mentioned in the previous post I did not have a Oath letter. So I was bit unsure about my Oath thus I went to the desk, before I said anything, the lady called me by name and showed me my naturilization certificate gave me the oath letter asked me to fill it up and sign. After some time USCIS officers asked the candidates to stand in line based on the color of the Oath letter mine is white and my wife's is green(came in mail). In the line it self officers questioned us and in the desk we submitted our green cards also officers verified our name, country of origin, DOB printed in the certificate.
Once it was done ceremony started. Since 11/11 is a Veterans day there was military ceremony and welcoming remarks, key note address and congraulatory speech by USCIS officers and military officers. Then they called us by our name to hand over our certificates and we had congratulatory hand shake by military and civilian officers. Everything was over by 12 p.m. There were TV crews interviewing newly naturalized citizens.
It was well organized and new citizens are proud and happy. And I should say USCIS officers are very polite and treated us very well.
GOOD LUCK Every body.
Thank you. These forums are very useful.
10/30/09: Oath notice date(wife)
11/05/09: Oath day notice by cell phone(self)
11/10/09:Oath done (wife)-US CITIZEN
11/10/09:Oath done(self) -US CITIZEN

Congratulations!

Interview & Oath (Houston, TX)

I kept off the forum for a while. The last update was my interview being rescheduled for a week later; to match the 5 year completion date (Oct 28, 2009).

Interview Day (Oct 28, 2009)
Getting to the USCIS was a bigger deal than the interview itself. Battling the morning rush hour reached there at 8:29 AM (Interview was at 8:30 AM). Parked on the street and rushed inside the empty USCIS building. There was just one person waiting in the Naturalization Area. Later 2 more joined me. All of us were rescheduled, as we hadn’t completed 5 years on the actual interview date. USCIS seriously needs to take this into consideration when scheduling an interview. The interview was straightforward; the IO rapidly browsed thru the thick folder of documents, saw my transcripts, degree certificates, etc. Asked 6 questions (The Bill of Rights, 4 years - Presidents Term, Mississippi River, 1787, Native Americans, Nancy Pelosi, We the People). Asked to read “When is Columbus Day?”. Write “Columbus Day is in October”. Reviewed the application form once more. That’s it. Done. Waited back in the Naturalization area and picked up the oath letter in next 10 minutes. Oath was on Nov. 18th.

Oath Day (Nov 18, 2009)
Took the forum’s advice and reached MO Campbell Educational Center (Aldine ISD’s Basketball Stadium) 1 hour late at 8:00 AM! Good decision. There was no waiting in lines in bitter cold. And no queues at the booths. The booths were sorted based on the last 3 digits of your Alien #: 000-100, 101-200, and likewise. They are manned by eager volunteers. You eyeball your Naturalization Certificate for discrepancies and give it back. Entering the seating arena the volunteers hand out booklets: Declaration of Independence & the US Constitution, Passport Application forms, Voter Registration forms, etc. The place was packed and people were dozing off on the seats, walking about. Felt bored to sit, so stepped outside to go get Cappuccino at the corner McDonalds. The actual ceremony started at 10:00 AM; Boy Scouts parading the flags, the judicial proceedings, swearing the oath, pledge of allegiance to the US flag, national anthem, speech by guest speaker. Then people were called out (as per the color sheets they were given while entering) to pick-up their Naturalization Certificates. There were people waiting in lines to take picture with the judge and the guest speaker. The order they call people is Last in Last out. So, I was one of the last to get out! Went straight from there to the US Post Office and submitted my Passport application (Passport and Card, all for 120 bucks).

That’s it guys. Thanks for all your inputs, there is a wealth of information on these forums. And selfless gurus jumping to your aid. Thanks to Rajeev Khanna for making all this happen.

Some Tips:
Do early walkins for fingerprints only if necessary. Otherwise you might be triggering early interviews. And have to make two trips for the interview.
Name change doesn’t seem to add any extra time, at least at the Houston DO. Again that might vary on a case by case basis.
Just take the bare minimum documentation for the interview, if your case is straightforward.
Seems like you can get to Oath Ceremony even as until 9:00 AM.
If you insist on getting there at 7:00 AM, you have plenty time for breakfast and coffee at McDonalds on the corner. You can walk there.
When done you can also exit thru a back road, don’t crowd to get onto Aldine-Bender in the front.

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 04): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
08/05/2009 (Day 06): Check Cleared
08/10/2009 (Day 11): NOA Received (Priority Date: 08/03/2009)
08/12/2009 (Day 13): Online Case Status changes to RFE (Finger Print Notice)
08/18/2009 (Day 19): FP Notice Received
08/25/2009 (Day 26): FP Done (Original Appointment Date: 09/04/2009)
09/05/2009 (Day 37): Online Case Status changes to CASE SENT to DO
10/03/2009 (Day 65): Missing Interview Letter arrives at the Door Step!
10/20/2009 (Day 82): Original Interview Date (Was rescheduled to later date for me to complete 5 Years)
10/28/2009 (Day 90): Rescheduled Interview Date (Done, Approved, Received Oath Letter)
11/18/2009 (Day 110): Oath Done
11/18/2009 (Day 110): Applied for the US Passport