Q3 (JUL-SEP) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Hey guys, as I suspected, the update to my status which I got yesterday @ 3:00 am was for FP. I got it in the mail today. Today is exactly two weeks since I sent my N-400 application and the FP appointment is on day 27th. I may infact get my US passport before christmas. That would be really nice :)

Hey guys, as I suspected, the update to my status which I got yesterday @ 3:00 am was for FP. I got it in the mail today. Today is exactly two weeks since I sent my N-400 application and the FP appointment is on day 27th. I may infact get my US passport before christmas. That would be really nice :)

You can try to Walk In to your ASC and have your FP done early

AUGUST TIMELINES

DO: Charleston, SC

GC Received October, 04
N400 Applied
08/25/09 - Fedex to lock box
08/26/09 - Receipt Notice
08/27/09 - NOA received
09/03/09 - Online changed to RFE
09/05/09 - LUD
09/07/09 - FP received
09/22/09 - FP Appointment ( Original Appointment )
09/18/09 - FP Complete ( Finished Early )
09/18/09 - FP Results sent back to USCIS.
10/01/09 - Initial Interview Notice Sent
10/xx/xx - Interview Letter Received
xx/xx/xx - Interview Date

GC date: 12/01/04
Region: Washington DC/Fairfax

Sent N-400 for wife and me: Sept 14
Packet received at Lewisville, TX: Sept 15
Check encashed: Sept 18
Fingerprint notice received: Sept 28
Fingerprint appt: Oct 14th

Finally got my Interview Letter after all the running around.

My online status had changed to SENT TO DO FOR INTERVIEW on Sep. 05, 2009. Usually you get the Interview Letter within a week max after this happens. I waited for 2 weeks and called USCIS. Had to escalate to the 2nd level as no useful info with the 1st; they just repeat whatever you see online. The officer wouldn’t reveal the date except that the letter was mailed on Sep. 3rd and the interview was somewhere in October. He just confirmed that it wasn’t clashing with my travel dates.

Waited for another week and called again this time the officer let me know the date (Oct. 20, 2009) and assured I would get the letter.

Again waited for another week and called; this time the officer said he would put in a request for a DUPLICATE LETTER to be mailed. And I should get it within the next 5 business days. And within 2 days I get a letter (no, not the duplicate interview letter ;) ) from USCIS instructing I make an INFOPASS appointment to resolve this. So, I make an INFOPASS appointment for the next available date, that was a week away (Houston is extremely busy?).

Next day the Interview Letter arrives at my door step. Apparently it was delivered to a neighbor! So, it was the USPS that was the culprit, rather this specific postman.

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 04): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
08/05/2009 (Day 06): Check Cleared
08/10/2009 (Day 11): NOA Received (Priority Date: 08/03/2009)
08/12/2009 (Day 13): Online Case Status changes to RFE (Finger Print Notice)
08/18/2009 (Day 19): FP Notice Received
08/25/2009 (Day 26): FP Done (Original Appointment Date: 09/04/2009)
09/05/2009 (Day 37): Online Case Status changes to CASE SENT to DO
10/03/2009 (Day 65): Missing Interview Letter arrives at the Door Step!
10/20/2009 (Day 82): Interview Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath Letter Receipt
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath

2nd Application time line updated in signature

ID- Sep 22, 2009 *** Passed

++++ Application #2 (Spouse)+++++++++++++++++
Sent- Sep 23, 2009 (Lock Box AZ)

Hi euskfnm,

Is there a reason you waited to clear your interview before sending wife's N400?

Yellow Letter received

Got yellow letter for the self on 10/05/09. Spouse got it on the 2nd. Letters say applicant should bring driver's license at time of interview with the yellow letter. USCIS site still says RFE sent on Aug 11th for self and spouse.

Hey Guys,

I went to do my finger prints today. I was told that they only allow walk-in for people whose scheduled appointment had passed. Fortunately for me, they were nice enough to allow me do my finger prints, so its done. I had to explain that I need some time next week to prepare for my exam and they were very understanding about it. It didnt take much time either. I was there for less than 25 minutes. The gentle man who took my finger prints even chatted with me for a few minutes during the process and a few minutes after we are all done. Nice experience!

If there is someone here who knows the FBI clearance line, I will appreciate it. I do not have any issue to be worried about but I will love to be 1000% sure there is no error anywhere.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with your naturalization processes and life after all that. Cheers!!

Call FBI at 304-625-5590. You will need to give either your A-number or your case number or email them liaison@leo.gov

Hey Guys,

I went to do my finger prints today. I was told that they only allow walk-in for people whose scheduled appointment had passed. Fortunately for me, they were nice enough to allow me do my finger prints, so its done. I had to explain that I need some time next week to prepare for my exam and they were very understanding about it. It didnt take much time either. I was there for less than 25 minutes. The gentle man who took my finger prints even chatted with me for a few minutes during the process and a few minutes after we are all done. Nice experience!

If there is someone here who knows the FBI clearance line, I will appreciate it. I do not have any issue to be worried about but I will love to be 1000% sure there is no error anywhere.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with your naturalization processes and life after all that. Cheers!!

Today I had my interview and passed it. My wife had hers' on 10-08-09 and she too had
passed. We could not take an oath as our 5 years will be completed only on Oct 26.
So we will have to wait for letter for an Oath date. The officer thanked me for reminding her about the 5 year period. Same thing happended to my wife too. Since now a days the citizenship process is sped up one has to make sure that Oath is done 5 years after GC approval. ( I heard that it could create a problem if you do an Oath before 5 years!!!!)
07/30/09: Priority Date
07/31/09: Checks cashed
08/06/09: NOA received
08/06/09: FP Notice Date
08/11/09: FP Notice (self and wife) received
08/21/09: FP done (self and wife)
08/28/09: IL Notice Date(wife)
08/31/09: Interview Letter received(wife)
09/02/09: IL Notice Date(self)
09/03/09: Case update "Case sent for interview...(self and wife)
09/08/09: Interview Letter received(self)
10/08/09: Interview Passed(wife)
10/13/09: Interview Passed (self)
00/00/00:Oath date

Interview/Oath Completed today at Baltimore

Myself and wife passed interview today. We were there by 10:00am and finished interview and came out by 11:30am. Nothing unusual. They just asked only the documents in the checklist they sent us. I just mentioned about my two speeding tickets from 10years ago, which I had paid (I hadn't mentioned in the application), but the officer said no issues. Didn't ask any proof of payment, though I had the copies of official check I paid. Asked us to come back at 2:30 for the 3:00pm oath. Everything was done by close to 4pm.

Glad that the whole process took just 2.5 months for us from the date we mailed our application.

Thanks all for sharing your information, it was very helpful in all stages.

Myself and wife passed interview today. We were there by 10:00am and finished interview and came out by 11:30am. Nothing unusual. They just asked only the documents in the checklist they sent us. I just mentioned about my two speeding tickets from 10years ago, which I had paid (I hadn't mentioned in the application), but the officer said no issues. Didn't ask any proof of payment, though I had the copies of official check I paid. Asked us to come back at 2:30 for the 3:00pm oath. Everything was done by close to 4pm.

Glad that the whole process took just 2.5 months for us from the date we mailed our application.

Thanks all for sharing your information, it was very helpful in all stages.

Congrats!!!