Q2 (APR-JUN) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

I came back from vacation on 8/11/2009. I had interview on 8/12/2009 at 1.00PM. The whole interview took place including paperwork less than 15 minutes.

I took oath same day(8/12/2009) at 4:15AM. So by 4:45 PM I was out of the building. Normally in Washington DC office, the oath will be done on the same day unless you request for name change.

Currently I am in the process of updating SSA and applying for passport.

05/15/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX
05/18/09 : N-400 recieved
05/18/09 : priority date
05/20/09 : Check Cashed
05/26/09 : NOA Received
06/05/09 : FP Notice Received
06/19/09: FP Date
06/27/09 : Interview Letter
08/12/09 : Interview at 1:00PM
08/12/2009 : Oath Date 4:15PM

Congrats

I came back from vacation on 8/11/2009. I had interview on 8/12/2009 at 1.00PM. The whole interview took place including paperwork less than 15 minutes.

I took oath same day(8/12/2009) at 4:15AM. So by 4:45 PM I was out of the building. Normally in Washington DC office, the oath will be done on the same day unless you request for name change.

Currently I am in the process of updating SSA and applying for passport.

05/15/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX
05/18/09 : N-400 recieved
05/18/09 : priority date
05/20/09 : Check Cashed
05/26/09 : NOA Received
06/05/09 : FP Notice Received
06/19/09: FP Date
06/27/09 : Interview Letter
08/12/09 : Interview at 1:00PM
08/12/2009 : Oath Date 4:15PM

Hi DC2009

Congrats. You are lucky. My oath is scheduled on 09.09.09 1.00 pm. Good luck to you.

@DC2009 - Congratulations!!

@SF2009 - Congrats for your OL! I think 09.09.09 is a really cool date to have your oath on... you'll never forget the day you became a USC!

@DC2009 - Congratulations!!

@SF2009 - Congrats for your OL! I think 09.09.09 is a really cool date to have your oath on... you'll never forget the day you became a USC!

Yes, Indeed a cool date. nine is my lucky no.

my priority date is 18=1+8=9
my birth date is 18=1+8=9
my oath date is 9.9.9=9+9+9=27=27/3=9
I will be USC in 09 and so on

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my Oath Letter yesterday with oath date of 09/04/09 at 8:30 AM but i am going out of the country on cruise that day which i booked long back and i cannot cancel the cruise as i will lose all the money and the option i have is to reschedule the oath. I set up an InfoPass Appt at local Dallas office and will ask them if they can prepone the Oath or re-schedule it to a different data. I will show them my travel tickets.

Anyone of you out here did reschedule Oath? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Raj

As i said in this post that i scheduled INFOPASS Appt to re-schedule Oath. I went in today morning at 7:00 AM (appt at 7:30), took the number and waiting for my turn and after 15 minutes or so got my turn and went in to the officer and gave her my infopass appt and she asked me the reason for my appt and i told her that i received Oath for 09/04/09 and on that day i am leaving out of country and after hearing me she said to send the Oath and a letter requesting for the re-scheduling.

I told the officer that my wife is upstairs for the interview (appt at 7:20 AM) and asked her if she gets same day Oath will i be eligible to take the oath with her. then she paused for a moment and said how can you say that your wife will get same day oath and i said people ahead of her are getting same day Oath. She asked me to wait and went inside to talk to somebody else and after few minutes she came back and said (most probably i should get oath today if they have any left). She said she is incharge of Oath today and asked me to wait for another 15 - 30 minutes and this was around 7:40 AM and i went back and waiting for her to come back with a positive answer. In the mean time my wife finished her interview and came downstairs by 8:00 AM with Oath letter in hand for same day oath.

I was eagerly waiting for the Officer to come with an Oath letter for me and in the mean time around 8:15 AM, she came back with another officer and the Oath letter for the same day and told me to come in the afternoon at 1:30 for the oath and at that time i told her that my wife also got oath for same day at 1:30. I think I am one of the lucky guys to get oath when i went for re-schedule.

FINALLY OATH IS DONE FOR BOTH ME AND MY WIFE and we are PROUD U.S. CITIZENS.

Here are the questions asked in the interview for my wife
1) What did the Declaration of Independence do?
2) What does the President’s Cabinet do?
3) We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?
4) How many justices are on the Supreme Court?
5) If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
6) Name one branch or part of the government.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE WAITING!! and CONGRATULATIONS for all of them who are Naturilzed and THANKS a lot to all of them here in the forum.

Finally, it's my turn: got my IL yesterday (8/20) for Oct 1st interview.

Actually the IL notice date was 8/17 which is the day I called USCIS, but by then the second level IO couldn't tell me the actual date from her computer, she just said I should get the IL soon. My online message was updated on 8/19.

Anyway, it's time to study those questions.

Thanks everybody for good wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
tsc123102, congratulations!!

What online status do you get now? Was it changed to "sent for a standard interview"?

INFOPASS Appointment today

I passed my interview today. My appointment was at 9 AM, I showed up at 8:30. I got called in around 10:15.

The officer went through the application asking several questions on the application. I mentioned speeding tickets (that I did not list on the application), he asked what they were (100$ fines etc) and said not to worry about them. He gave the written/reading and the 6 questions and I passed.

He was ready to give me a oath appointment for the same day but I pointed out to him that I will finish my 5 yr mark on 7/30/09. He went to his supervisor to check if he can give me oath today (7/22). He came back after a few mins and said they cant do it today and I will get an oath letter in the mail. He aplogized that he didnt catch the issue before he offered me the oath.

He also mentioned that all the supervisors got an email recently from the CIS counsel issuing guidance about oaths before the 5 yr mark. They are not allowed to give oaths unless you pass the 5 yr mark.

Anyway, I am happy to put the interview behind but back in the waiting game. Hope to get the oath letter soon.

Local DO Washington Field Office - Fairfax, VA
07/30/04 Green Card
04/30/09 UPS N400 to Lewisville, TX (Day 0)
05/01/09 Application Package Rec'd at Lewisville, TX (Day 1)
05/01/09 Priority Date (Day 1)
05/05/09 Cheque Cashed (Day 5)
05/05/09 Notice Date (Day 5)
05/08/09 Rec'd I-797C NOA (Day 8)
05/13/09 I-797C Fingerprint Notice Date (Day 13)
05/16/09 Rec'd I-797C NOA Fingerprint Notice (Day 16)
05/19/09 FP done (Walk in) at Alexandria ASC (Day 19)
06/05/09 Fingerprint Date - Scheduled (Day 36)
06/15/09 Interview Letter Notice Date (Day 46)
06/18/09 Interview Letter Received (Day 49)
07/22/09 Interview Date (PASSED ) (Day 83)
XXXXXXX Oath Letter Rec'd
XXXXXXX Oath Ceremony
08/24/09 Infopass Appointment to check status

I took an Infopass appointment today... the officer said my file is lost in transit--- whatever that meant... he also said not to worry and joked that he exactly knows which room it is in. I asked when I can expect oath as it has been more than 30 days (thats the timeline the officer gave me during the interview). He said I can expect to get an oath letter in the next 30 days and he asked to come back with an Infopass appointment if I dont get an oath letter. He took a photocopy of my interview results letter and wrote on the letter that my file is missing in transit and said he will ask he records folks to locate the file.

Any idea what lost/missing in transit means? Is this something to be concerned?

Had my interview today. 8.10 appt time., so we got there at 8 and I only waited 10 minutes to get in right on time. My officer was really friendly and helpful. She didn't even look at any of the evidence/certificates etc, or even my passport, just my drivers license and green card.

She went through the application and verified everything, then when it came to the part of the application about Selective Service she asked if I'd applied. I told her I had, and she asked for the written proof, which I didn't have. I explained that I'd been automatically signed up when I got a driver's license while I was still on a student visa, and didn't know what it was when I received it in the mail, so I didn't keep it. She was satisfied with that, and said it was no problem, she would look it up online at sss.gov and print out the information from the webpage. Whew! I guess this might mean that the printed web page from sss.gov might be sufficient as evidence if you're in a bind and don't have your registration card.

She then asked the questions:
  1. Who is in charge of the executive branch?
  2. What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?
  3. During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the United States?
  4. If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
  5. There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them.
  6. What is one reason colonists came to America?
I hadn't really studied much, as I was pretty familiar with American history and government. The only question I had trouble with was the Cold War one (nuclear proliferation? Russia?) but she gave me a hint and I got it. It felt like she was really on my side. Wrote the sentence (California has the most people) and read aloud the other (Which state has the most people?) and then she gave me an interview results sheet with the Congratulations! box checked. She told me my oath ceremony would probably be in October.

And that was pretty much it. Again, my officer was really nice and it was a painless experience. I hope it will be the same experience for all of you still waiting!