Project Cosmos

#3 - All the members of Senate Immigration Sub-Committee, 6/14/04

Please post details after faxing. Thanks!

operations said:
I need every one's input. All view points including those I disgree with are welcome.

What does this all mean? Nothing. They could have drafted a more fair response and narrowed the controversy. They chose not to do so. This is their right as defendants. But I find it shameful that our government litigates in a manner calculated to waste the time of the courts rather than achieve justice.

Just because they deny facts or law does not alter either. If they wish to go to trial, we will line up the court with witnesses who can testify as to the harm suffered.

Agreed, they have strong legal arguments. the strongest one being the separation of powers - normally - court will not tell an agency how to run its business. Nevertless, it is upto the court to intervene or not. That is why we are here, in court.

What will we do? We will fight - win or lose. And as a community, we will never again be treated with disregard. We will try always to fight for the right cause - win or lose. It is the struggle that is important.

We must simultaneously approach Congress for help and not just fight on the judicial front.

The first big test in this litigation would be the determination on the class action. Let us see where that goes.

Hang tight. I will keep you informed.

We need some more leadership amongs you folks. More people to plan, organize, move.
Just my two cents. My warmest regards to all of you.

This is one of Rajiv's posts in the Complaint forum. I saw fit to post it here again.

I have just faxed my letter to 11 Senators.
As the fax lines of Cornyn (R TX) and Feinstein (D CA) have been busy, I will try tomorrow.
-kashmir
cosmos said:
Republican Members
Saxby Chambliss, GA (Chairman) (202) 224-0103
Charles E. Grassley, IA (202) 224-6020
Jon Kyl, AZ (202) 224-2207
Mike DeWine, OH (202) 224-6519
Jeff Sessions, AL (202) 224-3149
Larry Craig, ID (202) 228-1067
John Cornyn, TX (202) 228-2856

Democratic Members
Edward M. Kennedy, MA (Ranking Democrat) (202) 224-2417
Patrick J. Leahy, VT (202) 224-3479
Dianne Feinstein, CA (202) 228-3954
Charles E. Schumer, NY (202) 228-3027
Richard J. Durbin, IL (202) 228-0400
John Edwards, NC (202) 228-1374

No more takers? :eek:

This is positively embarrassing. Roughly 1000 people (including guests) visit the 485 forums and less than 10 have sent faxes.

It is all right if you disagree with the message and/or effectiveness of the campaign, but why don't you offer suggestions to make it better? Appreciate your inputs, ladies and gents.

Just an update

I faxed yesterday through the free online fax facility. Few bounced back but roughly about 5 went through. all republicans. So, i will keep trying further.

kashmir said:
I have just faxed my letter to 11 Senators.
As the fax lines of Cornyn (R TX) and Feinstein (D CA) have been busy, I will try tomorrow.
-kashmir
I have just completed faxing to Cornyn (R TX) and Feinstein (D CA).

When I tried yesterday, their fax lines had been busy.
Senators in the large states such as Texas and California might be busy.