Privacy Act Request From FBI

caliSun

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Two month ago, I wrote the first lady a letter to ask help of speeding up my name check, which is pending in FBI for quite a while. Today I got a letter from FBI, they asked me to fill out a "Privacy Act Request Form". The letter stated that this form is necessary in order to provide any information regarding a Name Check Status request.

I searched this forum, but didn't see any information regarding this. Did anybody have the similar experience?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Two month ago, I wrote the first lady a letter to ask help of speeding up my name check, which is pending in FBI for quite a while. Today I got a letter from FBI, they asked me to fill out a "Privacy Act Request Form". The letter stated that this form is necessary in order to provide any information regarding a Name Check Status request.

I searched this forum, but didn't see any information regarding this. Did anybody have the similar experience?

Thanks in advance.

It's a standard privacy release form that is required when you have someone make a request on your behalf.

probably they need you to approve the release of your info to the person asking about it (on your behalf).

Privacy Request

Howdy!

I am going to apply for citizenship base on 5 years as GC Holder in March 2009.
Do you think is it good idea to fill in Privacy Request from FBI and try to find out they have anything on my file by mistake (I have not done anything illegal), so I can appeal and fix it before filling N-400 and stuck in NameCheck.

Thanks
barnold

FOPA search request is different from name check. I got "no records" response from FBI to my FOPA request, but I was stuck for 3+ years in name check queue. They will not provide name check search results to you because they cannot guarantee that the search brings back records associated with you only. That's why name check is so inefficient.

the only thing you will get back is a "no records" if you do not have a main file. But since end of 02 the check also picks up if you have been merely referred to in some of their other files. they will not release info to you as to those files - at least not at this stage. if they release some of that other stuff to cis and cis uses it against you then you will likely be able to access that, e.g., in court. in any event, foipa is ok in theory but if you think any bureaucracy will release info it does not want to release you are deluding yourself.

No no
the form i have received is that they will send me the name check status promtly regarding for immigration purpose.
thanks

No no
the form i have received is that they will send me the name check status promtly regarding for immigration purpose.
thanks

Oregon, did you get any response from FBI after you sent the form. I got NOTHING so far.

I got a letter from FBI today saying "No records responsive to your FOIPA request were located by a search of the automated indices", how werid? I just ask my status of name check. Anybody can explain this for me?

Thanks a lot.