• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

previous adres

akmal

hi everyone,
i just found out this forum today. and i read very useful information in it. i have some questions as well. first, i got married last summer to country of birth for 2 months. and during that period i got married. but i forget to input my 2 months residence in my country of birth in online application form. however i entered information about my marriage date and date place accurately. question is : should i reopen my online application form and do some changes ?
second, my wife came to korea (south) to stay with me and she had to go back to our home country while living in 2 months. question is : should we input this 2 months stay in online application form?
thanks in advance

hi everyone,
i just found out this forum today. and i read very useful information in it. i have some questions as well. first, i got married last summer to country of birth for 2 months. and during that period i got married. but i forget to input my 2 months residence in my country of birth in online application form. however i entered information about my marriage date and date place accurately. question is : should i reopen my online application form and do some changes ?
second, my wife came to korea (south) to stay with me and she had to go back to our home country while living in 2 months. question is : should we input this 2 months stay in online application form?
thanks in advance

Unlock your forms and update the address. As 2016 selectee, there's plenty of time to correct/make minor changes if need be.

thanks a lot. i am from Uzbekistan. our address system is different from US 's. i live in a village/town. i wrote my town name a city of birth. is it acceptable? or should i write my district name? what should i do? (village, district, province, country this our address type). second question about middle name. is my father's name is my middle name? my father's name is written in my passport. my passport has two pages which include data about me. first page is in my native language, second page is english language. my father's name is written in the first page but not provided in second page. however when i filled DV lottery application form i wrote my father's name as a middle name. Advice is important

What did you write in your eDV application? Normally, you should write whatever is shown in your birth certificate.
Regarding middle name, as I have the same issue, since DS-260 asks you for your name as it appears in your passport, I wrote only first and last name in English. The form also asks for your name in your native alphabet, so I included my middle name there. Also, I have my middle name showing on my Degree Certificate translitirated in English, so I listed my first, last and middle name in English in the "other names used" section.

What did you write in your eDV application? Normally, you should write whatever is shown in your birth certificate.
Regarding middle name, as I have the same issue, since DS-260 asks you for your name as it appears in your passport, I wrote only first and last name in English. The form also asks for your name in your native alphabet, so I included my middle name there. Also, I have my middle name showing on my Degree Certificate translitirated in English, so I listed my first, last and middle name in English in the "other names used" section.
Ok i wrote my village name at that time as a cit of birth in eDV. My birth certificate includes my village name , district name and profince name. So now ..... what shloud i do?

Ok i wrote my village name at that time as a cit of birth in eDV. My birth certificate includes my village name , district name and profince name. So now ..... what shloud i do?
I would write the village name. As long as it accurately represents the location where you were born and is in your birth certificate, the difference in administrative nomenclature would not be a problem for a Consular Officer.

I would write the village name. As long as it accurately represents the location where you were born and is in your birth certificate, the difference in administrative nomenclature would not be a problem for a Consular Officer.
Thank you very much. What would be if i write both my village and district name?

It's not a big deal really. Your village name matches eDV with birth certificate. So if you add district name to the "city of birth" line in the DS-260, it has a slight chance of creating confusion.
Do not overthink this, it's really immaterial in your case.

It's not a big deal really. Your village name matches eDV with birth certificate. So if you add district name to the "city of birth" line in the DS-260, it has a slight chance of creating confusion.
Do not overthink this, it's really immaterial in your case.
Thanks a lot. U helped me get rid of overthinking

sorry but now i want to ask one more question. during July as a vacation i want to go to my home country. i will stay there one month. so should i make changes for address information when i come back to Korea?

Unlock your forms and update the address. As 2016 selectee, there's plenty of time to correct/make minor changes if need be.
Hi
thanks a lot
sorry but now i want to ask one more question. during July as a vacation i want to go to my home country. i will stay there one month. so should i make changes for address information when i come back to Korea?

No need.

Hi

thanks a lot

No, you don't need to update your address for that.

hi guys thanks so far. today when i want to changes to preparer information part i can not edit anything to it. it is locked i guess. what should i do? should i add assistant's middle name there? should contact to Kentucky concular center?

Hi man. I have some questions. When i first filled out E-DV. I wrote my middle. There is X alphabet on my middle name in my native language and wrote as it is when i filled dv lottery form. But i know that X should be KH english. So in ds260 i changed it in KH. Question is it ok to change it like this?
Another question is about my spouseprevious addres information. She gotmarried to me september 2014 and has been living since. After two month thus innovember she came to korea with me and lived with for two month and went back tohome country again. In Ds 260 from present addres started living (what should i write there ::: time when she came frst to my house as anewly married or when she went back to my home country )

No worries guys. I did change it. I entered sing and submit part. It opened.

Hi man. I have some questions. When i first filled out E-DV. I wrote my middle. There is X alphabet on my middle name in my native language and wrote as it is when i filled dv lottery form. But i know that X should be KH english. So in ds260 i changed it in KH. Question is it ok to change it like this?
Another question is about my spouseprevious addres information. She gotmarried to me september 2014 and has been living since. After two month thus innovember she came to korea with me and lived with for two month and went back tohome country again. In Ds 260 from present addres started living (what should i write there ::: time when she came frst to my house as anewly married or when she went back to my home country )

No, you don't need to update your address for that.

What's your CN number?
I would rather have the same spelling of names in the e-DV and DS-260. Also, if you used both versions of the spelling in your life, you should list both in the "other names used section".
Address:
"Previous addresses should only include those addresses at which you established a residence (for example on campus housing where you lived for an academic term at your college or university) and should not include places at which you were temporarily present (for example a hotel at which you stayed for vacation)."
You can read it in the DS-260. If I am not mistaken if there is a gap between to addresses in DS-260, it will not allow you to proceed in the next page. So when your wife married you, should would be expected to take up permanent residence with you. If she was visiting N.Korea to stay temporarely with you there, and came back to the original residence, than she did not established a residence in N.Korea, and there is no need to list it.
I would unlock the DS-260, make the changes, and look carefully at all the sections to see if you need to change anything else before submitting.