• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Pregnant applicant

Tamer1982

Dear guys,

Plz help me.my wife is winned this Dv2017 lottary.but she is pregnant and spouse the delivery will be in December. How can I fill the forms for unborn baby and what about the medical examination.
Thank you
Regards

Dear guys,

Plz help me.my wife is winned this Dv2017 lottary.but she is pregnant and spouse the delivery will be in December. How can I fill the forms for unborn baby and what about the medical examination.
Thank you
Regards

First of all, what's your wife's CN? Just provide the region and the first two digits after the series of zeros and X out the rest of the numbers - for instance AF50xxx.

If your wife gives birth to the baby before your CN becomes current, you'll need to email KCC and request for them to unlock your DS forms so that both of you can add the baby's information to your forms, then you'll also fill out a DS-260 for the baby before submitting the form.

If the baby is delivered after you've been scheduled, then you'll have to contact your embassy and ask for guidance on how to add the baby.

If you mean the case number.it's 2017AF00019xxx.
What does it mean became current.do you mean I can expect the interview date through this number???
Second.I emailed the KCC four days ago regarding my case but I didn't recive reply until now.is it normal????
Thank you

If you mean the case number.it's 2017AF00019xxx.
What does it mean became current.do you mean I can expect the interview date through this number???
Second.I emailed the KCC four days ago regarding my case but I didn't recive reply until now.is it normal????
Thank you

Yes CN = Case Number

With your CN of AF19xxx, you'll have enough time to update the DS-260 form after your wife puts to bed and before your case becomes current.

Yes, current refers to when you're likely to be scheduled for an interview, assuming your DS form is submitted early enough for KCC to be done with scheduling.

Yes the delayed response from KCC is normal.

So please tell me what I have to do now.I have to fill DS-260 form for each one and send to KCC without mention that my wife is pregnant. Or better wait KCC reply??

So please tell me what I have to do now.I have to fill DS-260 form for each one and send to KCC without mention that my wife is pregnant. Or better wait KCC reply??

You can go ahead and submit the DS forms for you and your wife now. There's no need waiting to inform KCC about the pregnancy or to wait for a response from them - there's nothing they can do about it - an unborn child can't be added as a derivative. However after the child is born, follow the instructions/guidance I already provided above.

Thank you so much for your help. But one more question. my wife she is the winner and will present all requested documents such as previous marriage or devorced certificate ....etc. Is that required for me as will to present these documents of me.??

Thank you so much for your help. But one more question. my wife she is the winner and will present all requested documents such as previous marriage or devorced certificate ....etc. Is that required for me as will to present these documents of me.??

Yes that's equally applicable to you too. The only documents you're not expected to present are educational documents.

Hello mom ,
I use this post to ask a problem that concerns me; My CN: AF23XXX.
As said before, I marry early September 2016, and if all goes well then my wife will be pregnant and probably she will give birth between April and May 2017, to coincide with the date of the interview very likely.
So my question is about the good timming to confirm (send) my DS206::
1. When my wife is pregnant, so it will be a problem with the Consular Officer?
2. If all goes well, and we get our visas, is that you recommend that my wife will give birth in my country or in the USA?
3. There will be problems for the new baby? (Visa problems or other problem).
I await your advice and what the best scenario you propose?

Hello mom ,
I use this post to ask a problem that concerns me; My CN: AF23XXX.
As said before, I marry early September 2016, and if all goes well then my wife will be pregnant and probably she will give birth between April and May 2017, to coincide with the date of the interview very likely.
So my question is about the good timming to confirm (send) my DS206::
1. When my wife is pregnant, so it will be a problem with the Consular Officer?
2. If all goes well, and we get our visas, is that you recommend that my wife will give birth in my country or in the USA?
3. There will be problems for the new baby? (Visa problems or other problem).
I await your advice and what the best scenario you propose?

1. It will not be a problem

2. I can't recommend, you'll have to decide on that. Each option to has its pros and cons and you know your own situation better. For instance if she where to give birth in the US, have you considered the financial cost? Will she have help with taking care of herself and the baby like she would have had back at home? Several questions you need to ask yourself about both options.

3. There should be no problem with being able to bring the baby to the US.

1. It will not be a problem

2. I can't recommend, you'll have to decide on that. Each option to has its pros and cons and you know your own situation better. For instance if she where to give birth in the US, have you considered the financial cost? Will she have help with taking care of herself and the baby like she would have had back at home? Several questions you need to ask yourself about both options.

3. There should be no problem with being able to bring the baby to the US.

Yes mom, I have to calculate both options, go to USA and give birth there, then it will cost too much, but if they give birth in our country then the costs will be reduced and there is support and assistance financial and moral. It is true that the costs of delivery of a baby cost about 20,000 dollars?
For me, I think the best scenario is this: Do not have children until reassure the deliverance of the visa, after a time in USA, my wife may be pregnant and for two or three months of its childbirth, she can return to our country to give birth the baby.
and I hope the baby will not have problems to get a visa or green card.

Yes mom, I have to calculate both options, go to USA and give birth there, then it will cost too much, but if they give birth in our country then the costs will be reduced and there is support and assistance financial and moral. It is true that the costs of delivery of a baby cost about 20,000 dollars?
For me, I think the best scenario is this: Do not have children until reassure the deliverance of the visa, after a time in USA, my wife may be pregnant and for two or three months of its childbirth, she can return to our country to give birth the baby.
and I hope the baby will not have problems to get a visa or green card.

Yes, delivery cost could be close to $20K or more, it varies.

You may both enter the US and activate your LPR status after being issued with your visas and your wife can return home to have the baby. There should be no problem as long as your wife has the baby with her the first time she returns to the US, the baby will be processed for his/her GC at the POE. Of course your wife must make sure she returns before the baby turns 2.

And if your wife is planing on staying back for one year or more after the initial activation trip, she will need to also apply for a re-entry permit for herself to ensure she doesn't loose her LPR status while she's outside.

Yes, delivery cost could be close to $20K or more, it varies.

You may both enter the US and activate your LPR status after being issued with your visas and your wife can return home to have the baby. There should be no problem as long as your wife has the baby with her the first time she returns to the US, the baby will be processed for his/her GC at the POE. Of course your wife must make sure she returns before the baby turns 2.

And if your wife is planing on staying back for one year or more after the initial activation trip, she will need to also apply for a re-entry permit for herself to ensure she doesn't loose her LPR status while she's outside.

thank you very much for this clarification.
So if I understand your advice: I have to go with my wife to activate our presence in the US for green cards, after, she will return to give birth in our country, but she must return to the USA before the age of the baby is 2 years.
she will have no worries when she comes back with the baby (With border police)?
What's the POE?

thank you very much for this clarification.
So if I understand your advice: I have to go with my wife to activate our presence in the US for green cards, after, she will return to give birth in our country, but she must return to the USA before the age of the baby is 2 years.
she will have no worries when she comes back with the baby (With border police)?
What's the POE?

POE - Port of Entry - the first place at which you get on US soil.

Yes, she must return with the baby before the baby turns two and it must be her first time returning since having the baby.

And don't forget the re-entry permit she must apply for if she plans on staying away for 1 year plus.

POE - Port of Entry - the first place at which you get on US soil.

Yes, she must return with the baby before the baby turns two and it must be her first time returning since having the baby.

And don't forget the re-entry permit she must apply for if she plans on staying away for 1 year plus.

Thank you very much.
Until then, I will return to you for other informations.
God bless you :)

Dear tamer,
Can u tell me what happened on your case about the unborn child, as I'm facing the exact case here.