Prediction on weekly receipt update times

Vorpal
I was told in writing by USCIS IO that my case is pending and I will NOT get FP notice unless FBI completes the name check. Do u thing they are making up stuff??

That is not correct. FP is generated autmatically when the Receitp number is generated. FP notice usually goes out within a week of the case being entered. Namecheck has to logically follow that not precede FP.

That is not correct. FP is generated autmatically when the Receitp number is generated. FP notice usually goes out within a week of the case being entered. Namecheck has to logically follow that not precede FP.

Lets ask some more folks to comment on it if they had different experiences. I can also copile the list of users who posted same thing as I did (i.e, waiting for FP due to pending NC)

Are you serious??? I have never heard of anything like that. The only possible explanation that I can come up with (and it's a long shot) is that USCIS is trying to eliminate the necessity for additional FP appointments, in case an applicant gets stuck in name check. That actually would make sense, come to think of it. However, I received my FP notice at the same time as my NOA. There's no way they could have already completed my name check by the time my NOA was generated. Anyone have any ideas?
Actually, Vorpal, from what I understand this could possibly be true (although it flies in the face of everything else that I have read). The reason I say this is that your check is cashed and your information is entered into their system well in advance of receipt of your initial NOA (in my case, there was almost a one month delay from CC to NOA receipt). FP notices are issued anywhere from a few days to a few weeks from the initial NOA, and this tends to vary by DO (and most likely by DO's case load).

In reading the name check section on the FBI web site, the FBI maintains that it periodically receives a magnetic tape from various government agencies, one of which is USCIS, with a whole bunch of names to check. The FBI also maintains that the majority of name checks are completed within 72 hours of being submitted to them, and the "vast majority" are completed within 60 days. Assuming that your name goes on this magnetic tape as soon as your information is enetered in the system (around the time your check is cashed), USCIS could very easily wait until the name check is complete prior to issuing a FP notice and in most cases the applicant would not know the difference.

However, since we know some people get stuck in name check for months, this would also imply that some people would literally wait for months just to receive a FP notice. Has anybody noticed recent cases like this on the forum? Seems like everybody gets their FP notice within about 5 weeks of the NOA receipt.

Again, this is different from everything that I have read, but it could possibly be true. If it is, then it means that everybody who has received a FP notice has also cleared name check!

Again, this is different from everything that I have read, but it could possibly be true. If it is, then it means that everybody who has received a FP notice has also cleared name check!

I was just thinking the same. I'm definitely going to ask about this at my InfoPass next week. As I've mentioned earlier, this could quite possibly be a new USCIS measure to prevent FPs from expiring. I also received my NOA 4 weeks after my check was cashed, so there's no way to tell what happened during those 4 weeks.

Recent name check numbers

Has anybody very recently tried to call FBI for name check status and got a +ve response. I tried few (202) numbers and was told they do not accept calls any more.

Please only response if u have done it in last few months. Do not shart few years back numbers as I got a list of them........
tnx

Has anybody very recently tried to call FBI for name check status and got a +ve response. I tried few (202) numbers and was told they do not accept calls any more.

Please only response if u have done it in last few months. Do not shart few years back numbers as I got a list of them........
tnx

FBI does not accept name check status requests from individuals anymore. You must contact USCIS directly for name check status.

N400 update from Dallas TX

N400 update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the latest update!!!!!!!!!!!

N400 mailed on 8/20/07 to TSC
Priority date of 8/21/07
NOA received 12/21/07

Namecheck initiated on 12/20/07

infopass on 1/31/2008
Name check pending and USCIS can not proceed unless name check cleared.

02/06/2008 FP letter receied
02/22/2008 FP done

Does it mean NC cleared- no idea. any thoughts ????????????