• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Police Certificate and laminated documents DV2023

Hi,

I have my interview very very soon but scared as hell. I have lived in several countries and have police certificates for all. However, for one of the countries, I have a certificate that covers up to February but I left that country in May. I have never gone back since. I also have a copy of another certificate from the same country that covers up to two weeks before my departure flight. Should I take this copy and try to explain? Am I right to be worried since technically it "does not cover the entire period" yet the guidelines say

"""
If these three items are all true, you must bring a more recent police certificate to the interview:

1. You are older than 16 years of age;
  2. You obtained a police certificate more than one year ago; and
  3. You still live in the country that issued the police certificate.
"""
For me, 3 is no longer true.

Also, I laminated my high school certificate due to being naive as a younger person. Will this cause any issues? I have two Bachelors degrees so not sure if I can show these instead. I am so sleepless from the worry.

Thanks

1. Take both certificates along.
2. Take the Bachelor degree certificates along with the HS Diploma.
I think you’ll be fine.

Thank you. I hope I will update here with good news soon. ETA: For the second police certificate, I no longer have the original, just a photocopy with stamps from the embassy of the country I currently live in as I gave them the original for visa purposes.