• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

PLZ HELP ME TO FIND I-864 Affidavit Of Support

S-Parisian

Registered Users (C)
Hi , i'm a DV lottery winner from paris, i already passed my interview at the us embassy here in paris
they got everything, even my diploma and my passport too !

It the end they gave me a white paper with :

Your visa application has been denied under the section 221(g) og the immigration and nationality Act because you have not presented some required documents, your application will be reconsidered when you have returned the additional documents
indicated below.
if you fail to take the action requested within one year following visa denial under section 221(g) of the immigration and Nationality Act then your petition will be permanently terminated under INA Section 203(g).
Please be advised that for the U.S Visa purposes, including ESTA, this decision constitutes a denial of a via.

They told me to find a sponsor (I-864 Affidavit Of Support) , so come on guys help me plz....

Firstly, you must use an I-134, NOT the I864.

Second, you were advised a year ago to get an aos sorted out. You should have taken that more seriously - I'm sorry you didn't. You really need to look at your finances and position and decide how you will support yourself - what is your real plan. I'm guessing the CO is concerned about that in your case, hence their request/denial. Perhaps you will find someone you know to fill out an I134 - but understand that they will "ignore" a form completed by someone without a reason to support you - a real connection.

thanx for your answer , well they told me to bring the I-864 Affidavit Of Support and not i-134 !! it'r written in the white paper that they gave...in the end of my interview...

I-864 Affidavit Of Support it's not for dv lottery issues ....i saw it in the immigration services official website.

so why they requested me this STUFF and not all dv lottery winners...? i mean it's kind of discrimination ! i feel !

nobody gonna give me his personal informations u know ssn, name, adresse phone salary papers... no way !

Last edited by a moderator:
They've requested an AOS because they feel you have not shown you won't be a public charge. While as Britsimon says it is usually a different one, you are by no means the first DV winner to be asked to get an AOS.

And would you sign an undertaking to financially support someone you've never met? No? So why would you expect someone else to...?

Also, you've been given some standard form. You do not have a year to get it. You have till September 30.

yeah susie, it's so difficult for me..now...it's so hard when u feel so closer to u'r dream, the green card u lose it.. cause this STUFF of affidavit ...
parisian region is more expensive than new york it self, transportation, rent, food ..everything... i'm not a public STUFF here.. why would i there in the us... i'm a dv lottery winner and i'll work, i'll not a tourist in the us ! i'm in the black..

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately you didn't seem able to convince the CO of that.

Also do you really have to swear in just about every post?

I've edited your posts for the swear words. Please use better language.

You absolutely must use the I134 for DV. As you have seen this is clear in the rules so ignore the standard form they have given you. This isn't discrimination, every immigration case has to meet this standard - however, they don't always ask for proof. They do that when your present level of income/occupation/education and so on shows that you might struggle in America. In France, you have a support system, in the USA, that will not be there - so it is critical that you are able to support yourself. Frankly the fact that you have known about this for one whole year and chose to do nothing about it is confirmation that you might indeed struggle in the US. You haven't engaged with the people in this forum during that year, you could have done so much more. So - don't blame the CO, look to yourself. This is the your test - are you going to sort it out?

yeah i had all the whole year that's right, but i ignored the AOS cause a lot of my friends or the people who i know , who got the same situation (dv in paris, students...) they all had their visa without struggling.. no one of them talked about AOS, they don't request it in the us embassy in paris... that's why i ignored the thang ... otherwise, i have no body in the us (family) so even your closest friend can't give you his personal life, his personal SSN, payement issues, salary papers, taxes, w2.... no body gonna take that risk... so what i'm waiting....is a miracle ..

Well, if nothing else perhaps we should bookmark this thread for that last post, for all the people we get who say "but nobody at XX embassy ever gets asked for AOS so I won't have to do it either"

...part of the issue with that conclusion, obviously, is that no-one here will ever have spoken to or seen posts from more than a fraction of the hundreds or thousands of people interviewed by each embassy.

Parisian, I am sorry for you :(

Agreed Susie. This is exactly what we tell people. You won't always be asked to show financial support, but IF asked you had better be ready.

So - Parisian. Here is some advice. You can still save this scenario - there was a similar case in Moscow (one of the first to be interviewed this year). THe I134 is non legally binding on the person completing it (that is the major difference between that and the 864). So - a person filling it out must not lie (for fear of perjury) but they cannot be forced to provide the support to you. So - it is not a huge commitment for them to provide it to you - the worst thing is that they reveal their personal financial status to you).

So - no one here is going to do one for you because as I have said you have not built up any relationships here at all over the last year (something you could have done). However, you probably have a distant friend or relative or friend of a friend or acquaintance or someone that is already in the USA. You might be able to exploit that relationship and if you explain the low risk nature of the I134 perhaps someone will do that for you. The person has to be legally resident and paying taxes in the USA. Their income has to be above the federal poverty guidelines. We've covered that many times - so search for it here if you are unsure what that means.

If that fails you can also demonstrate your own ability to support yourself. If it is just you, you would need to demonstrate savings/liquid assets of around $10k (about 7500 Euros). That really is not a lot of money, if you don't have that how will you pay for air tickets, accommodation for the first few weeks and so on. So - get the money together. Got a car? Sell it. You live in Paris anyway. Got jewelry, sell it. Sitting there with a massive CD collection, get selling. See where I am going with that? Still short? Can any of your friends loan you a couple of thousand Euros for a month or two to sit in your account. Hopefully once you have done all that you should be able to show your ability to support yourself. If you can't do that, then the CO is right to deny you. Sorry if that sounds harsh - but it is hard moving to another country and so far you are failing to do what is necessary to succeed. Millions of people would have like the selectee letter you got and you were lucky enough to get a low enough number to get an interview (unlike many just starting to deal with their harsh reality). So - are you going to solve your problem or not?

THANX BRITSIMON . YOU SAID A LOT OF GREAT THINKS...
WELL THE AOS IS SO COMPLICATED AND I DON'T THINK I'LL FIND SOMEBODY....NO ONE GONNA TRUST ME ! THIS'S LIFE U KNOW
I'M A MASTERS STUDENT AND I HADN'T WORK THAT'S WHY THEY REQUESTED ME THE AOS.....

I'LL TRY THE SECOND SOLUTION.THE ACCOUNT....

i’ll hv interview on august.iam from sri lanka. my mother’s
full name is wrong in DS form. what
should i do ..?

i ignored the AOS cause a lot of my friends or the people who i know , who got the same situation (dv in paris, students...) they all had their visa without struggling.. no one of them talked about AOS, they don't request it in the us embassy in paris... that's why i ignored the thang ... otherwise, i have no body in the us (family) so even your closest friend can't give you his personal life, his personal SSN, payement issues, salary papers, taxes, w2.... no body gonna take that risk... so what i'm waiting....is a miracle ..

See where I've underlined and bolded your words? You know lots of people in the USA. Get an I134 off one of them.

Here's an English saying for you: "If you don't ask, the answer is always 'no' "

As an aside, I don't really understand people in this forum who refuse to accept their situation, are stubborn, and argue with senior members who are trying to help.

Hi Guestgulkan,

they're new immigrant in the usa ...They're X DV lottery winners,

a person who should help me , at least who had a work for 2 last years...

Hi Guestgulkan,

they're new immigrant in the usa ...They're X DV lottery winners,

a person who should help me , at least who had a work for 2 last years...

As long as they fulfill all I-134 requirements as defined, it does not matter specifically how long they have been in the US. Detailed documentation/substantiation of financial data will be of utmost importance, of course, as all your argumentation will rest on the I-134 information they will provide to you. Are you a French national living in Paris, i.e. not a foreign student or otherwise living in France temporarily? Just asking, as if this is the case it will presumably be rather straight forward to present an account statement in your name with a few thousand Euros in it. How otherwise will you pay for the flight ticket and the first few months in the US before you'll find work? Having the visa stamp in your passport is important, yet obviously just one step in the process.

Last edited:
i'm a master of computer science so i don't think that i'll stay with no job in nyc ! i think i have all upportunities to find a job in few weeks or 3 months at least !
i'm not a french citizen just a foreign student in paris !

i'm not so far from my visa, all a gotta do is the find a sponsor or an bank account... they already have my full files, originals diplomas and my passport, otherwise, i checked my status in ceas , and i'm in PA....administrative processing...

i'm a master of computer science so i don't think that i'll stay with no job in nyc ! i think i have all upportunities to find a job in few weeks or 3 months at least !
i'm not a french citizen just a foreign student in paris !

i'm not so far from my visa, all a gotta do is the find a sponsor or an bank account... they already have my full files, originals diplomas and my passport, otherwise, i checked my status in ceas , and i'm in PA....administrative processing...

Let's therefore presume for a moment you are from Algeria (it doesn't really matter, this is meant as an example): there are very numerous, close-knit Algerian communities here in the US - find the right angle from your home country and identify your I-134 sponsor. Otherwise present them a French account in your name with a few thousand Euros in it. Whatever you do, do it quickly, you have until September some time to get out of AP processing or you are toast. Best of luck!

yeah euro2014, u have right
the only think that scaring me is the cota (50 000 visa) , for now they've already gave about 34000 visa since october 2013 !

yeah euro2014, u have right
the only think that scaring me is the cota (50 000 visa) , for now they've already gave about 34000 visa since october 2013 !
Dont' worry too much about this now, rather focus on what you need to do and do it as quickly as possible. The US Consulate in Paris has kept your passport, which is a good sign in the sense that they expect you to be back. Yet time is of the essence! By the way, this is purely academic now, yet the US Consulate in Paris is the worst option you possibly could have chosen in your specific case, why did you not decide to go with the US Consulate in Alger, I would bet you would be in a better position right now. Anyway, it is what it is ... now you just have to go for it. I wish you best of luck!

i live here why i go back to algies, i pay the air plane , hotel, losing time and money, even when i played the lottery in 2012 i was here... but country of chargeability, stays my home country where i was born.... i don't think that i've done a mistake in this point... i'm so closer to the us embassy about 40 minutes... from my house, why should i go to algiers man lol