• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

PLZ HELP ME TO FIND I-864 Affidavit Of Support

i live here why i go back to algies, i pay the air plane , hotel, losing time and money, even when i played the lottery in 2012 i was here... but country of chargeability, stays my home country where i was born.... i don't think that i've done a mistake in this point... i'm so closer to the us embassy about 40 minutes... from my house, why should i go to algiers man lol

Euros point was that you might have had less chance of being asked for the aos in another embassy. Things are more difficult in Paris because being difficult is a French passtime, practiced to expert level in Paris (which would probably rub off on the American COs too) :p

thanx EURO2014 , i'll never let it go all i have is one chance...i'm going on with this...

uk vs france ! i've never been in britain but i know that's better than france, in freedom, democracy, life...everything...this's not the point...lol
i wanna go to nyc and i don't give a shhht about france or britain lol , even in my dreams ..i see nyc but not effeil tower lol
hope god give me what i want...i'll accept my destiny..anyway..let's move up ...

thanx EURO2014 , i'll never let it go all i have is one chance...i'm going on with this...

uk vs france ! i've never been in britain but i know that's better than france, in freedom, democracy, life...everything...this's not the point...lol
i wanna go to nyc and i don't give a shhht about france or britain lol , even in my dreams ..i see nyc but not effeil tower lol
hope god give me what i want...i'll accept my destiny..anyway..let's move up ...
Actually, I personally happen to like France and Paris, one of my favorite cities in the world, together with London and New York... Yet again, this was not my or Britsimon's point and, yes it is not important to you at the moment: don't get distracted by what other people may tell you and please focus on what you need to achieve, which is rather clear and obvious. Just do it!

Actually, I personally happen to like France and Paris, one of my favorite cities in the world, together with London and New York... Yet again, this was not my or Britsimon's point and, yes it is not important to you at the moment: don't get distracted by what other people may tell you and please focus on what you need to achieve, which is rather clear and obvious. Just do it!

Quite.

Hi Guestgulkan,

they're new immigrant in the usa ...They're X DV lottery winners,

a person who should help me , at least who had a work for 2 last years...

2 years.. where does it say that? I just checked the form and instructions and couldn't see this requirement.

Just get one of your friends to fill it out. It's not legally binding.

I'm British (with a little Indian law student thrown in). The British part and my experience of Paris/Parisians give me a certain perspective. It's ok if you don't understand now. Emigrate here and you might notice the differences...

Hello Mr.Britsimon

When I filled out my DS-260 as I didn't have my family in the US I have been told I need to self petition myself instead of having a US citizen petition my application.
while I'm waiting for my case to become current / schedule for interview do I need to fill out any form?
Please note that I had relative in the US but not family member.
Having self petition my application does it affect my visa being issued? Can this be changed if it affects the chance of getting visa.
Please note that I'm retired and have enough saving in my account to show for supporting my self ( do you know how much I need to show in my account? ) but please advise me if I need to get my relative do the petition for me.

Many thanks as always.

Hello Mr.Britsimon

When I filled out my DS-260 as I didn't have my family in the US I have been told I need to self petition myself instead of having a US citizen petition my application.
while I'm waiting for my case to become current / schedule for interview do I need to fill out any form?
Please note that I had relative in the US but not family member.
Having self petition my application does it affect my visa being issued? Can this be changed if it affects the chance of getting visa.
Please note that I'm retired and have enough saving in my account to show for supporting my self ( do you know how much I need to show in my account? ) but please advise me if I need to get my relative do the petition for me.

Many thanks as always.

You are mixing some terms here. "Normal" immigration, such as Family based immigration have a petitioner. Someone who is requesting a Green card be granted to a family member, or employee etc. so, those cases have a petitioner.

DV cases do not have a petitioner - so ALL DV cases are self petitioned. ALL.

Now, where the confusion comes in is that all immigration cases, including DV have to overcome a concern that the immigrant must not become a public charge. Some people prove they won't become a public charge by showing savings that will cover them for a few months/weeks before they get a job. Other people show that they will stay with a host, or produce an I134. However, having a host or someone who has completed an I134 is not having a petitioner.

So, showing savings is OK, and normally we say you need to show around $10000 per adult. However, you mentioned being retired. If you plan not to work in the USA you will need substantial savings to demonstrate you have a sensible plan to support yourself.

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding the I134, does this need to be handed on interview date or needs to be sent to KCC?
I'm planning to stay with my relative, should I consider filling out I134 ? I guess this needs to be filled out by relative in the US and send back to me?

Thanks again.

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding the I134, does this need to be handed on interview date or needs to be sent to KCC?
I'm planning to stay with my relative, should I consider filling out I134 ? I guess this needs to be filled out by relative in the US and send back to me?

Thanks again.

The I134 is handed to the CO by you if you need it - so yes it needs to be sent to you, along with supporting docs (in the instructions).

I would agree with britsimon that you will need to show a substantial amount of savings as a retired person, so anI134 would be very useful.

By the way: Are you aware that you are ineligible for many benefits as you will not have contributed to social security during your working life? Do you have an idea of what insurance and healthcare costs are? Moving to the US can be very expensive for older people. I have no idea what your situation is and you may be absolutely fine, but it may well worth checking out how the numbers add up, especially if you won't be staying with your relative forever and will need to find rent too.

The I134 is handed to the CO by you if you need it - so yes it needs to be sent to you, along with supporting docs (in the instructions).
Hi Mr.Britsimon ,
Could I ask do you mean by CO , on the visa appointment date when attending the interview?
Thanks