• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Please Help (for my minor children)

Yes derivatives can be denied, nothing unusual about that. If the derivatives do not clear the background checks or their medical exam, they will be denied and there's no avenue for rectifying the denial. If a derivative is currently under a ban from entering the U.S., the derivative will be denied. The approval of the PA does not mean an automatic approval for the derivative.

Thanks Sm1smom.
More specifically, if derivatives pass all required checks (especially in the case of minors), can they still be denied visa's purely on the basis of lack of available visa's?
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I believe this will be a good place to clear our doubts.

Thanks Sm1smom.
More specifically, if derivatives pass all required checks (especially in the case of minors), can they still be denied visa's purely on the basis of lack of available visa's?
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I believe this will be a good place to clear our doubts.

Unfortunately yes. Once they run out of visas for the applicable FY, like in the case of the OP, that's it.

Both you as the sponsor and, if so required, a qualified joint sponsor need to complete either one of the two I-864 versions. Detailed information on your last question is included in the instructions to the form, as amounts are regularly adjusted and depend on factors described there, also.

Dear @Britsimon or someone else
If I do not have incomes at all and I am the petitioner, is it possible my joint sponsor to be the only sponsor and how much should be the amount of the incomes for my joint sponsor?
This is very important to me - please answer

Thanks again. Do higher CN's have a greater risk of derivatives missing out, or is this risk spread out to all CN's within the region?

It's mostly higher CNs. May be applicable to lower CNs if the PA gets put on AP though, and the AP doesn't get cleared until towards the end of the PY. If they only have one visa left by the time the PA clears AP, only the PA will get the visa, visas cannot be issued to the derivatives if the PA is pending.

Dear @Britsimon or someone else
If I do not have incomes at all and I am the petitioner, is it possible my joint sponsor to be the only sponsor and how much should be the amount of the incomes for my joint sponsor?
This is very important to me - please answer

Like @EURO2014 already responded, you still have to fill out the I-864 as a sponsor since your the petitioner, (even though you have no income and you get to state that on the form), in addition to having the joint sponsor fill out an affidavit of support also.

We can't tell you how much the sponsor is required to have as we don't know the number of people in his household. However if you check the following link, it should give you and your joint sponsor the information you need regarding the required income as related to the applicable household number:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Like @EURO2014 already responded, you still have to fill out the I-864 as a sponsor since your the petitioner, (even though you have no income and you get to state that on the form), in addition to having the joint sponsor fill out an affidavit of support also.

We can't tell you how much the sponsor is required to have as we don't know the number of people in his household. However if you check the following link, it should give you and your joint sponsor the information you need regarding the required income as related to the applicable household number:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Our household counts 4 members and my joint sponsor household counts 3 members

Our household counts 4 members and my joint sponsor household counts 3 members
Read the documentation @Sm1smom referred you to & Think: you and your wife do not need to be sponsored, you (or your spouse) are petitioning as LPR for your underage children which puts you into category F2A, meaning your I-130 priority date needs to be before October 1, 2013 in order to become current in June 2015 - are you/will you become current?

There is a dedicated forum to Family Sponsored USCIS processes:

http://forums.immigration.com/forums/family-based-green-card-through-marriage-relative.121/

However, this forum is focused on folks who know at least in principle what they are doing. If you unsure, you might want to reach out to a social immigration support group that comes for free or with a nominal fee. Most of them are naturally serving the Hispanic communities in the US, yet the underlying I-130 process is identical. As you probably found out already, the I-130 process you will need to manage not only takes longer and is more costly, yet there are many things which may go horribly wrong if not managed properly. My advice would be to reach out to the best possible support you can find and afford for this process, in the interest of your children. Best of luck to you and your family!

Last edited:
So assuming your joint sponsor isn't living in Alaska or Hawaii, his required annual income is $45,912

Hi, I went through the process for family members (two at the same time) - joint sponsor, who is the only joint sponsor (1d) needs to fill up two forms: each with a count of 4. That is, 3 household member and 1 child. Second child is not included, as it's not sponsored yet. The income is for 4 people and it's $30,312. Petitioner household is not included either (there is no sponsorship, it was DV).

Last edited:
Hi, I went through the process for family members (two at the same time) - joint sponsor, who is the only joint sponsor (1d) needs to fill up two forms: each with a count of 4. That is, 3 household member and 1 child. Second child is not included, as it's not sponsored yet. The income is for 4 people and it's $30,312. Petitioner household is not included either (there is no sponsorship, it was DV).
:) Well, if you say so... You don't seem to be the same guy @Sm1smom and I had responded to above. No problem. Nevertheless you might want to post your specific situation and I-130/I-864 related questions right here:

http://forums.immigration.com/forums/family-based-green-card-through-marriage-relative.121/