Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

Tomshu - We need you

Tomshu,
Like other "good" guys said, you have been doing an excellent job. You have been a fantastic source of information and inspiration. We all need you and please keep up your good job. Please do not let some deliberate negetive remarks hinder you from doing your good service to this forum. Best Wishes for you.

Orrissa,
I am sorry to hear about your procedings. I sincerely hope you get your LC pretty soon. We don't want to lose a good friend of us.

Best Wishes to all in this forum.

js07

Tomshu...don't stop your good work!

Tomshu,

We know how valuable your information is in our thread and even people in other threads refer to your posts.

we value your time and effort for gathering the information from DOL employees which not many succeeded.

Please continue your good work...

gc_pain

Buddy, don't worry about individuals who vent out their frustation suddenly. Just ignore. We continue to treasure your updates and know that you are just the messenger of news. We continue to be hopeful of good news. Keep up the good work.
And yes, since Akela noticed a slight withdrawl from the good lady due to constant updates, he suggested that only you call the lady. I recommend calling maybe once a week or maybe once in 2 weeks. You make the decision after talking with her. We should call her only as often as we do not burn our bridges.

tomshu said:
Hi guys,

I was only trying to pass some information I received from BEC as clear, as objective as possible. I am not their decision maker, neither is the lady I was asking for information from. Their guideline changes every week, believe it or not. If you feel my information frustrated you, please forgive me, that's not what I intend to do. In fact I wish we all can get what we are wishing for as quickly as possible.
If most of you do not like the information I posted, I may consider not to post what I received from BEC in this thread any more.

Good luck to everyone!

Tomshu

Last edited by a moderator:
tomshu,
the only thing that keeps my hopes alive are ur posting...keep up the good work...
"something is better than nothing"

Regards,
Sunkav
tomshu said:
Hi guys,

I was only trying to pass some information I received from BEC as clear, as objective as possible. I am not their decision maker, neither is the lady I was asking for information from. Their guideline changes every week, believe it or not. If you feel my information frustrated you, please forgive me, that's not what I intend to do. In fact I wish we all can get what we are wishing for as quickly as possible.
If most of you do not like the information I posted, I may consider not to post what I received from BEC in this thread any more.

Good luck to everyone!

Tomshu

err, tomshu, i stand corrected. there are infact 25 folks who are grateful to you for every 1 who doesn't like your posts. HA HA!! its time someone laughed around here.. chill guys/gals. lets enjoy the long weekend. we'll see what happens in dec and beyond..
best.

sunkav said:
tomshu,
the only thing that keeps my hopes alive are ur posting...keep up the good work...
"something is better than nothing"

Regards,
Sunkav

Tomshu: your info source is better than my lawyer's

Tomshu,

I'am silent reader of this thread and I would say your info source is the one to keep not only my hope, bul also my wife's and my 4 years daughter's. Just ignore the nonsense complaint and keep getting info from the nice lady.

I remember 3 year ago when I applied for LC, my co-worker who also was LC applicant told me : "The lawyer sent the package to SESA. Now forget about it. DON'T WAIT . Nothing you can do to make it better. Forget about LC process to make your life sufferable"

I read this thread just to know that somewhere out there, few thousands people are same boat with me and I'm not alone. To be honest, I do not trust much on the LC process . When I read "the letters will be sent out on ... bla bla .. and then bla bla .." Although I told myself "Well, hope so ! " , but at least Tomshu's post gives the fact that at DOL, they are PLANNING something ( and DOING the plan, it's different issue ). And at least, my H1B situation now is still better than ORISSA (also in VA), who is coping with deport situation. So what I complaint for ?

Tomshu, do not give up. We need you.
Song Lan

Thanks for your trust!

Since most of the people from this thread would like to receive BEC updates, I'll keep posting anything I received from them.

Updates:

1/. The Homeland Department was not happy with the security system of the previous computer system the BEC had, BEC is updating a new computer system with more security measures required the Homeland Department. Therefore the date for sending out those letters was delayed. Hopefully letters can be sent out before Christemas as a Christemas gift for us. :p

2/. Phil and SF regional DOL cases will be likely processed together since currently the Phil BEC only has these two regions' cases available.

3/. Cases will be likely processed according to the priority dates known as FIFO.

4/. RIR and none-RIR will be processed seperately.

5/. Cases from SWA have not been considered.

--Tomshu

Thank you Tomshu, you are the best!!!

tomshu said:
Since most of the people from this thread would like to receive BEC updates, I'll keep posting anything I received from them.

Updates:

1/. The Homeland Department was not happy with the security system of the previous computer system the BEC had, BEC is updating a new computer system with more security measures required the Homeland Department. Therefore the date for sending out those letters was delayed. Hopefully letters can be sent out before Christemas as a Christemas gift for us. :p

2/. Phil and SF regional DOL cases will be likely processed together since currently the Phil BEC only has these two regions' cases available.

3/. Cases will be likely processed according to the priority dates known as FIFO.

4/. RIR and none-RIR will be processed seperately.

5/. Cases from SWA have not been considered.

--Tomshu

Needs clarification!

Tomshu,
Thanks for the update. One thing that triggered me to write this message is your last comment:

What do you mean when you say that the cases from SWAs have not been considered? Does it mean the cases which are still @ SWA will sit there until they are done processing backlog from San Francisco and Philly or what? I am kind of confused because according to memo, all unopened cases will be forwarded to BEC centers.

Correct me if I am wrong but is following the right sequence of transferring/processing application @ BECs:

Applications from San Francisco region
Applications from Philly region
Applications from all other SWA/regions

any comments?

also on the average, how many labor applications are being filed daily across the country? that count would help to figure out the expected processing date for one's case @ BEC

Thanks,
Stewart

I believe, according to Tomshu,

SF and Philly cases will be processed first and together according to the prioirty date.

Stewart__Rogers said:
Tomshu,
Thanks for the update. One thing that triggered me to write this message is your last comment:

What do you mean when you say that the cases from SWAs have not been considered? Does it mean the cases which are still @ SWA will sit there until they are done processing backlog from San Francisco and Philly or what? I am kind of confused because according to memo, all unopened cases will be forwarded to BEC centers.

Correct me if I am wrong but is following the right sequence of transferring/processing application @ BECs:

Applications from San Francisco region
Applications from Philly region
Applications from all other SWA/regions

any comments?

also on the average, how many labor applications are being filed daily across the country? that count would help to figure out the expected processing date for one's case @ BEC

Thanks,
Stewart

Priority Date

There is only one definition for "priority date" in the context of Labor Certification - the date the Labor Application was filed at the State Workforce Agency.
One of the key questions that I would love to have answered is the range of priority dates that they have currently entered into the system - i.e., what are the priority dates for Philly that they are likely to process in the first round...

Tomshu, any chance you can ask them this next time you call?

Thanks,
VK

The goal of the whole centralization excercise is to have uniformity all over the US regions in terms of wait time for LC approval. That means all the centralized LC processing units will process LC based on priority date (when SWA received LC application irrespective of region). This will benefit most people from states like NJ, NY and calif. and discourage people from so called "forum shopping".

vk2003 said:
There is only one definition for "priority date" in the context of Labor Certification - the date the Labor Application was filed at the State Workforce Agency.
One of the key questions that I would love to have answered is the range of priority dates that they have currently entered into the system - i.e., what are the priority dates for Philly that they are likely to process in the first round...

Tomshu, any chance you can ask them this next time you call?

Thanks,
VK

In response to Tomshu's Info

So if the applications at Phily BEC/BRC are processed according to the priority date ( date at which application was filed with the State Agency,

Does it mean that my application, filed from VA in Oct 2002, now with Phily Regional since July'04, will be processed before, say someone who filed from Harrisburg in Oct 2003 and whose application is also sitting at Phily Regional, say since Dec 2003???

Priority date

I think the priority date, as far as BEC is concerned, means the date when Philly DOL received the application (if I remember correctly, Tomshu has clarified this for someone earlier).

yours_sincerely said:
I think the priority date, as far as BEC is concerned, means the date when Philly DOL received the application (if I remember correctly, Tomshu has clarified this for someone earlier).

I NEVER said that!

"There is only one definition for "priority date" in the context of Labor Certification - the date the Labor Application was filed at the State Workforce Agency." -vk2003

gcmail said:
So if the applications at Phily BEC/BRC are processed according to the priority date ( date at which application was filed with the State Agency,

Does it mean that my application, filed from VA in Oct 2002, now with Phily Regional since July'04, will be processed before, say someone who filed from Harrisburg in Oct 2003 and whose application is also sitting at Phily Regional, say since Dec 2003???

I think that is true, atleast I hope that its true. However important question I think right now is to find out what are the range of dates from Philly region that have been entered in the system who will receive the letters? :confused:

GC_Lover said:
I think that is true, atleast I hope that its true. However important question I think right now is to find out what are the range of dates from Philly region that have been entered in the system who will receive the letters? :confused:

Includes all the Phil & SF Regional DOLs currently pending cases.

Keep us posted.

yours_sincerely said:

Now people are quoting Tomshu as if he is a lawyer. Tomshu, I bet if you open up a company to process immigration cases, you can get a lot of clients, many from this forum and I might be one of the first few.

You know more than my lawyer knows. Keep up the great job of keeping us posted. How about Tomshu Immigration Services? Buy one get one free..

Last edited by a moderator: