Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

tomshu said:
1/. All the about 30,000 letters will be sent out starting from Nov. 22 2004, which include Phil & SF Regional Cases. The whole process could take about 2-3 weeks however.

2/. Phil Regional cases will be processed first

3/. No SWA cases have been even considered at the time being.

4/. The rule for processing all the cases will be according to the priority dates. That has been updated since last week, it used to regional DOL's receipt dates, but not any more.

Finally I hope most guys from this thread can be relaxed a little bit after all. :)
I believe they should send out the letters according to priority date and process the case as soon as the replies are received. I hope they will not hold up cases with responses waiting for the non-responsive attorneys or employers for the full 45 days. Philly cases deserve processing first since those cases have been suffering for a long time for BEC! If BEC had been set up somewhere else, most of us would have been in I-485 stage already.

PennWaiting

Last edited by a moderator:
tomshu,

As for eternity, I really thank you for your priceless information.

AwardMyGC ;)

tomshu said:
1/. All the about 30,000 letters will be sent out starting from Nov. 22 2004, which include Phil & SF Regional Cases. The whole process could take about 2-3 weeks however.

4/. The rule for processing all the cases will be according to the priority dates. That has been updated since last week, it used to regional DOL's receipt dates, but not any more.

Finally I hope most guys from this thread can be relaxed a little bit after all. :)

Hi Tomshu,

Thanks a lot for you update. Although I seldom post in this forum but I have been reading this thead almost everyday for over 18 month. Your inputs are always most valuable and acurate.

I have one more doubt about the letter thing, do you know what kind of response will BEC be expecting? Just a simple "yes, we do" reply or will they be asking for some documents and etc.

Since we'll be receiving letters soon, so it is important that we can get prepared and response ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

Is there any RIR and NON_RIR difference?

TOMSHU,

or just based on the priority date?

your prioirity date is the same day as it appears on FLCDATACENTER database (state received date in www.flcdatacenter.com) ? the reason I asked this qeustion is because in Dallas region, the state received date in the data base is only two days earlier than regional received date. but in fact, my Lc was filed half year earlier than that date....

thanks for your all the useful posts.

kennethxu said:
Hi Tomshu,

Thanks a lot for you update. Although I seldom post in this forum but I have been reading this thead almost everyday for over 18 month. Your inputs are always most valuable and acurate.

I have one more doubt about the letter thing, do you know what kind of response will BEC be expecting? Just a simple "yes, we do" reply or will they be asking for some documents and etc.

Since we'll be receiving letters soon, so it is important that we can get prepared and response ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

The confirmation letter could contain two parts:

1/. Whether the employer has the intention to continue the case. Basically your artoney needs to contact your employer for the confirmation.

2/. If the case misses some documents, the atorney also needs to prepare and enclose them all in the responding letter.

tomshu said:

according to 2) it is clear that FIFo of BEC is not nationwide, it is by regional center. i mean when all cases of phili get processed before the one of SF it means that the FIFO system is not of the mix(phil and SF).
the scenraio will be BEC finish cases of one region or state than they go to another one.they will go one by one.
any thoughts?

AwardMyGC said:
tomshu,

As for eternity, I really thank you for your priceless information.

AwardMyGC ;)

Hi thomshu,

Can u tell us where did u find the information.Did all those 30,000 letters will be send on the same day(nov 22nd) or they starts sending letters on nov 22nd.

Thanks in advance
Satvika

I know that some people haven't been following this thread consistently or some are quite new to this thread. Can you please take the trouble to trace the messages on this board at least 10- 20 postings back if you haven't been following the postings. Some questions have already been addressed in Tom Shu's postings. I see a lot of repeated questions here.

Let us just wait and see

Guys / Gals:

I think we should just wait for the next couple of weeks and then start posting if anyone has recieved those letters or not. If we do not hear anything for the next 2 weeks then Tomshu can enquire. Till then i think we should just wait and not pose same questions again and again. I would not like to trouble tomshu or akela

TOMSHU's Past post.

THANKS TOMSHU.

Some points from BEC (Nov 16 from TOMSHU)

NOTE:
The confirmation letter could contain two parts:

1/. Whether the employer has the intention to continue the case. Basically your artoney needs to contact your employer for the confirmation.

2/. If the case misses some documents, the atorney also needs to prepare and enclose them all in the responding letter.

NOTE:

Only one priority date per application: which is the receipt date from SWA.

(Qestion: do u know when they will begin processing the applications once they receive the reply to the letters? i mean would they begin processing them by late january or early december?)

They will be starting processing the applications as soon as they have the responding letters received.

More Information (Nov 10 from TOMSHU)

I called a different number, points:

1/. No differences between RIP and None_RIR cases when processed.
2/. The letter format the atorneys going to receive could be: a/. Whether the case need to be preceded; b/. If some facts are missing, the atorney also has to provide those evedences in the responding letter.
3/. Once responding letters received by the BEC, the case will be opened for further completion but accoding the the case's regional DOL number order.
4/. However something is different from what I heard from yesterday: The Phil Regional DOL cases will be processed ahead of SF's. It's a good news, isn't?
5/. Two years are the timeframe for the contractors to finish all the current existing backlog cases nationwide.
6/. Priority date does not apply to LC process, but it will certainly effect I140 and I485, even though it may only apply to I485, but traditionally if a case's I485 does not meet the current priority date, I140 may also be put off on wait until the case's priority date is current.
7/. The only place to get the DOL processing time infor is still http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp, and NO AVM will be available at any time soon.

NOTE:
A good case takes only about 20 minutes to complete. A trouble case could take a whole day. So averagely 2-3 hours per case would be a reasonable guess. Therefore 2 cases /person/day may be used to calculate the time.

Information received from BEC(Nov 9 from TOMSHU)
1/. Phil and SF. Regionals' cases will be processed together.
2/. The date to send out those letters is 11/22/04
3/. Total amount of cases for both regions are about 35,000
4/. All the cases for the above DOLs will be processed according to the applications' REGIONAL DOL's RECEIVE DATE rather than Priority Date.
5/. All the state levels will be processed afterwards.

Additional info from Phil DOL (Oct 12 from TOMSHU)

I once again called the lady I am familiar with. Basically I asked a few questions, her answers are:

1/. The BRC is finishing in inputing data to the new computer system, a couple of weeks more time may be needed.
2/. By next month, many lawyers are expected to receive those confirmation letters.
3/. NOTE: all SESA cases will be processed at some point time, butwill be after all the regional cases being finished. and all the newly approved cases will be forwarded to the BRC directly.
4/. The original Phil regional DOL has be moved to merge into the BRC.

Hopefully we will see some lights after November.
(I hope this post can clear some doubts for those guys from the SESA.)

Thanks Boboli!

Next week is the week of Thanksgiving. If they start sending letters out on Nov.22, I doubt we would hear anything before December.

Un-opened SWA Cases

Boboli, Thanks for the summary.

Can you or someone confirm if following is true for Un-opened SWA cases?

1) Once all Phily/SF regional cases are processed, other un-opened SWA cases from Phily/SF (VA etc.) will be transferred to backlog centers.
2) There will not be two separate stages (state and regional) anymore and cases will get approved directly at backlog centers.

I am still little confused on how SWA cases would get processed and if they will turn out to be quicker or slower because of this. Also would state cases from Phily/SF be tranferred to backlog centers before other regions?

Thanks in advance.

dcmetro22042 said:
Folks: Due to lack of reponse in VA thread, I am posting this here. Could anyone respond back from their experience:

Once Recruiting Report is submitted with SWA (VA SWA) in response to recruting efforts for Regular Labor Petition, in how much time can we expect to hear back from VA that they have approved and forwarded the petition with Regional DOL?

I dont want to derail the thread but since so many of you have gone thru the Labor process, can you please answer my question. I am hoping to find someone who filed the application using the regular process. Your reply shall be appreciated a lot.

dcmetro22042 said:
I dont want to derail the thread but since so many of you have gone thru the Labor process, can you please answer my question. I am hoping to find someone who filed the application using the regular process. Your reply shall be appreciated a lot.

my case was filed in may 2003 from philadelphia using regular process.

I'm also in the same boat. After sending the ad results to the swa nothing moved. Its just staying where it was before. I posted the same question in the forum long time back. Nobody really answered to my question. So my answer is I don't know how much time it will take to go to DOL or to clear labor certification. Just keeping my fingers cross that BEC may clear up all the pending cases in SWA.

from SWA to Regional...

immi2003 said:
I'm also in the same boat. After sending the ad results to the swa nothing moved. Its just staying where it was before. I posted the same question in the forum long time back. Nobody really answered to my question. So my answer is I don't know how much time it will take to go to DOL or to clear labor certification. Just keeping my fingers cross that BEC may clear up all the pending cases in SWA.

Immi and dcmetro,

I am not from VA SWA, my app is from Philly SWA and it's with the Regional office and now presumably with the BEC but here's my experience.

Mine is a non-RIR app too, my application was put in the SWA queue Apr 02.
It sat there until Sep 03 when we heard back about placing an ad.
The recruitment report was sent back to the SWA 11/03.
It sat with the SWA until Apr 04 when it was finally forwarded to the REgional DOL.
It's been with the Regional DOL since, since the presumption on this thread is that all Regional DOL cases have been forwarded to the BEC and the BEC will process cases on the Priority Date (which is the Apr 02 date in my case) - I am hoping that I will see an approval early 05.
Of course no one can really be sure how long mine OR anyone else's including your cases will take to be certified.

I hope that helps some.

I know the above sounds very discouraging but I do believe that the last 4 years were the worst for Labor Certs in the recent past. What I am suggesting is that I believe that because of the BEC and the NPC (read about these on murthy.com or immigration.com or past posts here) I dont expect applications will now take as long to clear Labor as they have in the past.

140 and 485 are completely different animals though and if you are an EB3 applicant from India, China or Phillipines, the expectation is you will be put in another long queue due to unavailabilty of visa numbers and retrogression in Priority Dates in those categories. Although you can find all the relevant information regarding this expected retrogression on this thread, your best bets maybe the relevant threads.

Thanks for the reply spidey. Now I want to know there is anyone in this thread who got their labor approved at the VA SWA as well and who non a non-RIR applicant. But atleast now you gave me an estimated time frame. Anyone from VA (non-RIR) here?