Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

AwardMyGC said:
Okay Atlanta and Dallas are not part of Philly BEC, so that leaves as with Philadelphia and SF cases. BEC already finished entering Philly cases (13000) into new BEC system and they're in process of entering SF cases (10000) into BEC system. DOL Published July 2003 processing date is just a myth; by candor I know there are few RIR cases pending from Jan thru May 2003.

SF Mar 2003 and Philly July 2003 it just matter of three months, I really don't think it's going to hurt Philly LC applicants that much since we already waited for such a loooonnnnnnnggggggggg time.

We really don't know if they are going to have 2 queues (1 for RIR & 1 for NON-RIR)? If BEC chose to process application based on receipt date and not differentiate RIR * NON-RIR categories then Philly cases takes precedence over SF cases, since Philly dol has NON-RIR cases pending from DEC 2002.

AwardMyGC
Thanks again, for your quick responses!

MG

vikram_p said:
yes it is 2.8 hrs for a case without those additional help enlisted (contractors). I thought tomshu or akela indicated that the BRC person said that a person could do 22 cases if they were no issues. So i just made it 20. Remember one thing, they cannot just do Philly DOL and SF DOL for a year... they have to complete then Chicago DOL, Boston DOL and NY DOL then do all the States under these DOL and this the congress has given them time --- 2 years.....

They Labor secrectary would need to answer the congress if this is not met. Since The President has signed that all backlogged will be done by the Year 2006.

Forgive me for the lack of complete knowledge of this. Did the president pledge to reduce backlog in labor certification by 2006, or to reduce the backlog in the whole immigration process (labor + I140+485) by 2006?

AwardMyGC said:
Okay Atlanta and Dallas are not part of Philly BEC, so that leaves as with Philadelphia and SF cases. BEC already finished entering Philly cases (13000) into new BEC system and they're in process of entering SF cases (10000) into BEC system. DOL Published July 2003 processing date is just a myth; by candor I know there are few RIR cases pending from Jan thru May 2003.

SF Mar 2003 and Philly July 2003 it just matter of three months, I really don't think it's going to hurt Philly LC applicants that much since we already waited for such a loooonnnnnnnggggggggg time.

We really don't know if they are going to have 2 queues (1 for RIR & 1 for NON-RIR)? If BEC chose to process application based on receipt date and not differentiate RIR * NON-RIR categories then Philly cases takes precedence over SF cases, since Philly dol has NON-RIR cases pending from DEC 2002.

AwardMyGC
Consider these 2 scenarios and suggest which case could be taken first for processing in BEC:

Case 1: Non-RIR; Priority Date 11/1/2001; received DOL 10/1/2003

Case 2: RIR; Priority Date 10/25/2002; received DOL 7/25/2003

MG

VAhoper said:
Forgive me for the lack of complete knowledge of this. Did the president pledge to reduce backlog in labor certification by 2006, or to reduce the backlog in the whole immigration process (labor + I140+485) by 2006?

Bush Pledge to reduce Backlog for the whole Immigration process (Labor + I140 + I485) by 2006.

More Information

I called a different number, points:

1/. No differences between RIP and None_RIR cases when processed.
2/. The letter format the atorneys going to receive could be: a/. Whether the case need to be preceded; b/. If some facts are missing, the atorney also has to provide those evedences in the responding letter.
3/. Once responding letters received by the BEC, the case will be opened for further completion but accoding the the case's regional DOL number order.
4/. However something is different from what I heard from yesterday: The Phil Regional DOL cases will be processed ahead of SF's. It's a good news, isn't?
5/. Two years are the timeframe for the contractors to finish all the current existing backlog cases nationwide.
6/. Priority date does not apply to LC process, but it will certainly effect I140 and I485, even though it may only apply to I485, but traditionally if a case's I485 does not meet the current priority date, I140 may also be put off on wait until the case's priority date is current.
7/. The only place to get the DOL processing time infor is still http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp, and NO AVM will be available at any time soon.

Should I put these phone numbers on auction here or in Ebay? Maybe here since more folks are looking at it. :)

--Tomshu

Last edited by a moderator:
Guyes,

"if a case's I485 does not meet the current priority, I140 may also be put off ". In such case, what about 7th yr extensions ( If some one's H1 expires after labor certification and waiting to apply for I140) ?

tomshu said:

2/. The letter format the atorneys going to receive could be: a/. Whether the case need to be proceeded; b/. If some facts are missing, the atorney also has to provide those evedences in the responding letter.
3/. Once responding letters received by the BEC, the case will be opened for further completion but accoding the the case's regional DOL number order.
4/. However something is different from what I heard from yesterday: The Phil Regional DOL cases will be processed adead of SF's. It's a good news, isn't?
5/. Two years are the timeframe for the contractors to finish all the current existing backlog cases nationwide.
6/. Priority date does not apply to LC process, but it will certainly effect I140 and I485, even though it may only apply to I485, but traditionally if a case's I485 does not meet the current priority date, I140 may also be put off on wait until the case's priority date is current.

Should I put these phone number on auction here or in Ebay? Maybe here since more folks are looking at it. :)

--Tomshu
Tomshu:

Thanks for jotting it down.

Isn't the FIFO (First In First Out) processing based on priority dates (priority date is same as the SESA receipt date of a LC application)? Or is the FIFO based on the date on which DOL received the application from SESA (which concurs with your point#3 - based on number order)?

Please let us know.

MG

Tomsu, do they scrutinize DE cases like before?

tomshu said:

2/. The letter format the atorneys going to receive could be: a/. Whether the case need to be proceeded; b/. If some facts are missing, the atorney also has to provide those evedences in the responding letter.
4/. However something is different from what I heard from yesterday: The Phil Regional DOL cases will be processed adead of SF's. It's a good news, isn't?

Should I put these phone number on auction here or in Ebay? Maybe here since more folks are looking at it. :)

--Tomshu

Thank you Tomshu for your PRICELESS information.

What is the starting bid?

AwardMyGC

tomshu said:

--Tomshu

mrg2 said:
Tomshu:

Thanks for jotting it down.

Isn't the FIFO (First In First Out) processing based on priority dates (priority date is same as the SESA receipt date of a LC application)? Or is the FIFO based on the date on which DOL received the application from SESA (which concurs with your point#3 - based on number order)?

Please let us know.

MG

As I said, a case will be processed according to its REGIONAL DOL's RECEIVE DATE. PRIORIT DATE is the receive date from its SESA.

GCMystery said:
Guyes,

"if a case's I485 does not meet the current priority, I140 may also be put off ". In such case, what about 7th yr extensions ( If some one's H1 expires after labor certification and waiting to apply for I140) ?

Once labor get approved, you can apply for 140 and not for 485, if EB3 dates retrogress. You can use a copy of the 140 receipt notice to qualify for a H-1B 7th year extension. You don't necessarily have to have an "approved" 140 to qualify for 7th year extension.

tomshu said:

This is indeed good news for cases pending at Philly DOL. From the previous postings on Murthy Bulletin and other websites, it was my understanding that Philly Regional DOL cases will be processed first at the Philly BEC/BRC. After that, Regional cases from other DOLs (SF, etc) will be processed. After that, SWA cases will be processed.

--Tomshu

mvinays said:
Once labor get approved, you can apply for 140 and not for 485, if EB3 dates retrogress. You can use a copy of the 140 receipt notice to qualify for a H-1B 7th year extension. You don't necessarily have to have an "approved" 140 to qualify for 7th year extension.

I'm having the same question as GCMystery. If a case's priority date is later than the I485 priority cut off date, do they allow filing for I140 of the case at all? If not, then there is no I140 receipt and thus no evidence to apply for H1b extension. If the person's h1b happens to run out after labor approval and before I140 is allowed to be filed, isn't the person doomed?

Question

Guys I need some help.
My labor is still in VEC (Virginia) and is yet to be approved by state. I filed it in Jan 2004. I know there's long way to go for me, but i am curious to know where would my case go after this coming december in case SWA close or reduce their operations. ? Would they forwarding this to BRC/BEC/NPC or what?
kinda confused on thaat one....
please let me know if anybody has an idea.
thanks a ton in advance...
-sachin

VAhoper said:
I'm having the same question as GCMystery. If a case's priority date is later than the I485 priority cut off date, do they allow filing for I140 of the case at all? If not, then there is no I140 receipt and thus no evidence to apply for H1b extension. If the person's h1b happens to run out after labor approval and before I140 is allowed to be filed, isn't the person doomed?

Yes you can apply for I-140... Visa Availbility Date is only for I-485 not I-140..

VAhoper said:

If a case's priority date is later than the I485 priority cut off date, yes, they allow filing of I-140 but not I-485. You can then use the 140 receipt notice to get 7th year H-1B extension. However, in such a situation, note that there is a possibility that USCIS may choose not to open or process your I-140 case until your priority date becomes current (if they have too much workload of other cases). This means that there is a possibility that there could be a delay in 140 approval while you wait for your date to become current.

mvinays said:
If a case's priority date is later than the I485 priority cut off date, yes, they allow filing of I-140 but not I-485. You can then use the 140 receipt notice to get 7th year H-1B extension. However, in such a situation, note that there is a possibility that USCIS may choose not to open or process your I-140 case until your priority date becomes current (if they have too much workload of other cases). This means that there is a possibility that there could be a delay in 140 approval while you wait for your date to become current.

mvinays,

Could you please explain with a dummy date scenario about "If a case's priority date is later than the I485 priority cut off date,yes, they allow filing of I-140 but not I-485."

Example:
Employer files LC on...say, November 21, 2002. (Priority Date). Assume that Department of State (DOS) announces retogression in Jan 2005. Assume that EB3 dates retrogress to March 25, 2002 for Indians, Chinese and Filipinos.

Upon LC approval, anybody with these nationalities whose State LC receipt date (priority date) is on or before March 25, 2002 will be able to proceed to EB3-140 and 485 concurrent filing without any problems.

Those who have a State LC receipt date (priority date) after March 25, 2002 will not be able to file 485. So they have to only file I-140 under EB-3. In other words, they cannot file 140 and 485 "concurrently". Even if their EB-3 I-140 gets approved very quickly ( say 1 or two months), their priority date must be "current" in order to apply for them to apply for 485 (adjust status).

Note that retrogression is not expected for EB-2. So if your LC is filed as EB-2, then upon LC approval, you can apply for 140/485 concurrently under EB-2.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I had a question, I tried my Lawyer but she could not give a satisfactory reply, so here is the question anyway.

I have waited too long (almost 3 years with My GC and 5 years in my Job, don't want to wait any longer) for my GC. With BRC expected to work, I believe that in December letters will be sent and replied by the lawyers. I am going on Vacation from second week of Dec till second week of Jan. How will that absence hurt me (in that I will be late in applying for my I-140 and 485). Will the flood of I-14O and 485 submission (that will follow after Regional getting finished) make me very late in getting my EAD, Advance Parole and finally I-140 and 485??

Please advice and help.

rgds,
a