Philadelphia office tracker for marriage based greencard

Hi Guys,

Finally!!!!!!!! I got my passport stamped. The interview was easy. Officer was very nice. We had prepared a lot of documents and other stuff for interview but it was just a matter of I beleive 20 minutes. She asked very basic questions like when did we met, what is marriage date, what is current address, and other basic questions.

Thanks to sachin and kjngnet for providing valuable suggestions.

Thanks to immigration.com for helping me in this regard.

kjngnet, wish you all the best.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Congratulations

Congratulations Bud,

I am happy for you and i am glad to hear that we all could be of help to you. Now it's your turn to help others going through the AOS process :)

Congratulations again and enjoy the day

Sachin

Congrat to yu

Congratulation!!!!! I know that yu feel much better, no more worring or waiting. I did my Finger Print today, hope that my case approve soon.

Hi,

Thank you guys!!.

courtneyd23, In my case they took 10 months after EAD.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi Sachin,

After stamping, I can visit india any time right? Or I should wait for green card to arrive? I have heard that the stamp itself is more then enough for travelling purpose.

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

You can visit india on ur I551 stamp. do note that you may be subject to secondary processing when u come back..

From what I hear the plastic green cards are generally issued a few weeks after ur AOS has been approved.

what timeline did your adjudicating officer give you for the plastic card to get in the mail??

but yeah the stamp proves your status is adjusted to that of a permanent resident.

Also: don't forget to go to the SSA office and get your records updated.

Sachin,

Thanks for the prompt response. What do you mean by "do note that you may be subject to secondary processing when u come back" ?

Officer told me that it may come in 1 month or within months. She was also not sure.

Thanks.

Sonviraj.

Re: Sachin,

what I meant was that if u have a stamp and if INS cannot verify into they will send you to another room.. (just to make sure all the other arrivals are cleared in time)

the secondary inspection will be able to verify your info and you will be on your way... (they just wanna make sure that the stamp wasnt obtained fraudently).

hth

you should get a welcome letter from the service center soon & ur green card will follow suit..

endless waiting...

hi everyone, does anyone know the current timeline for getting GC in Philly area? it looks like an endless waiting (i applied in April 2001 and haven't scheduled interview yet...). Although i got my AP and i will go visit China the end of the year, i still want to know when i should be able to receive the interview notice. anyone got any idea why it takes that long??? do you think i should be able to get my GC before i have to renew my EAD again (will expire in March 2004)???

Thanks,
kjngnet

Hi Sachin

I am visiting India very soon. Do I need to take any documents with me or stamped passport is more then enough for traveling?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi Sachin,

Any Idea how long INS takes to update the record? I went to Social security office and they told me that your record is still showing that you are on H1. It is almost 2 weeks since I got my GC(although there were 5 holidays).

Thanks.

Sonviraj.

Hi Sachin

Came back from India yesterday. It is almost 37 days since my I got my passport stamped. I am waiting for the actual green card. Do you know how long it takes?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi Sachin,

I have a question for you. My Father In Law and Mother In Law's GC is expiring in 2006 and my two brother In law's GCs are expiring in 2005. Both brother In Laws are under 18. My In law is thinking of filing for citizenship. I have heard that there is a way through which children becomes automatically citizen(if they are under 18) if parents are U.S citizen. I think they need to file form N-400 for their citizenship but I am not sure which form they should fill for their childrens. Could you please help me in this regards?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards,

Sonviraj.